“Cross with Crossland”

Ranked #33 of 47 Speciality Lodging in Tucson
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
“Cross with Crossland”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

So many "NQR (Not Quite Right) Factors that I will not choose them again. Here's the laundry list: our non-smoking room smelled of smoke and had cigarette burns on the bedspread; they gave us a new room but it still smelled funny. Shower in room above us was leaking into our shower causing huge ballon of water under the paint, with drips nad eyesore. Trash and beer cans were strewn about the grounds. Fridge did not work; they eventually brought a new one 4 hrs later than promised. Missing kitchennete plates, silverware, etc.; we had to forage for enough cooking utensiles to prepare meals. The bright spot was the front desk woman who tried like make things right, however, the poor maintenance and shoddy upkeep were apparently beyond her control. Had this facility been clean and properly maintained, I would have far more favorable comments.

Room Tip: Be prepared for no pool, no ice machine, no restaurant, and train whistles at all hrs of the night.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve. As well, I apologize for the outside disturbances you experienced. We try to ensure our guests are not affected; however, some sounds are out of our control.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My stay here at Crossland has been very pleasant and comfortable. The staff respects your privacy but if you need service, housekeepers and maintenance personnel provide it promptly and courteously. At the same time, the manager is highly organized, has impeccable manners and attends to every detail of his job meticulously. And one of the housekeepers at Crossland deserves special attention in this review--Maria!
Maria cleans your room spotlessly and if you are a little quirky and want something done like you do it at home, she pampers you graciously. Maria has, to put it another way, a radiant personality that makes guests feel like they are part of her family.

• Stayed July 2012
Dan G, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 6 July 2012

In today's world, people look for the negative things when renting. I have the most wonderful experience when I stayed at Crossland. Dan the manager and his staff are not only professional, they are friendlly, curtious and responsive to the needs that I had. I think that kudo's are appropriate when you speak to this staff.

In corporate america, we tend to look for fault instead of the positive. This was a very positive experience. Let your staff know.

BA

Room Tip: I think that queen size beds should be available in quantiy. Especially if you are a long term resi...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 30 June 2012

If you are looking for a nice hotel to stay at in Tucson, AZ then Crossland is the place. Their rates are extremely affordable. Each room offers a stove and a refrigerator which makes traveling a lot less expensive because instead of having to eat out everyday you can cook in the rooms. Our room was very clean and had a nice smell to it which did surprise me. The staff there is very friendly and always willing to answer any questions. There was one gentleman in particular that went out of his way to make us feel more comfortable and at home. I believe his name was Dan. He was always busy with either helping guests or picking up the property. He did an awesome job at keeping the outside of the property clean and neat. When I come back to Tucson I will definitely stay again and will recommend it to friends and family. Everyone should check this hotel out if they will be staying in Tucson!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Nice affordable accommodation for few days.It is a clean place with all the neccesities.The staff are very friendly.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Boston
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Beds are compressed and worn out. Beddings are marginal. Rooms look like they've been lived in hard for a long time without renovations.

It's OK if you're just needing a place to lay your head for a night. But there's a lot better equally inexpensive options close by.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank msg82256
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Menifee, California
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Booked this hotel via Expedia while parked across the street from it. Although it was after dusk when I booked the room, the place looked fairly nice on the outside. I found out soon enough that it's nice outside appearance was very deceiving, if there ever was a place called a dump, this is it!
When I attempted to check in, the clerk seemed confused by the fact that I had booked my room through Expedia. She asked me on two occasions how was I paying for the room. I was told there were no non-smoking rooms with two beds available although I had requested this with Expedia. I was given a smoking room on the third floor.
The room itself is supposed to be a economy type room used for extended stays. After being in this room for about an hour, I could not imagine how anyone could live in such a place for an extended period of time. The room has somewhat of a kitchenette. There is a single basin dish sink, a microwave, a mini-refrigerator, a two burner cook top, a one cup coffee brewer, and a very limited supply of dishes. All of these items were found to be dirty and we did not use any of them because of this.
The bathroom had been recently remodeled. It has a laminated floor. I found a couple of areas where the rubber floor molding had been pushed back into the wall creating a gap between the flooring and the wall molding. The toilet seat was very lose, the shower curtain was not long enough, and there were cigarette burns on every surface of the bathroom.
The beds were awful. They were hard and one of the mattresses had a torn place where the springs were poking out the side of the it. The television was an old tube model that had a terrible picture. Finally, there was a small table but only one chair and the television set atop a three drawer chest that felt like it would fall to pieces if pushed just right.

Room Tip: Maybe lower floor non-smoking rooms?
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family