“Plain, Simple, and Easy”

Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive
Ranked #33 of 47 Speciality Lodging in Tucson
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
“Plain, Simple, and Easy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

Husband and I needed a place to crash after a New Year's party and with the way every other hotel skyrocketed their prices for the night, we were happy to find Crossland had not.

--We got a single double bed room, the bed was plenty large enough for the both of us (it's only slightly smaller than a queen). The blankets on the bed were thin, but clean and more than able to keep us warm. The mattress was very firm, which I liked, but my husband prefers soft mattresses, so he hated it. The mattress also made a ton of noise whenever one of us moved. The pillows were of medium firmness and nice and a fluffy.
--Heat/AC unit is in the room so you can control it.
--The room has a two burner stove, microwave, coffee pot, mini fridge with freezer, cutting board, pot and pan, plates, bowls, silverware, can opener, ETC...Just the basics for a little kitchenette, which was great since we got to make our own breakfast in the morning (saves money!).
--There's a small open closet by the bed with extra towels placed in it.
--The bathroom contained two sets of body and hand towels as well as two wash clothes. There was another towel to serve as a mat in the shower. Soap for the sink and shower were provided. There are also extra toilet paper rolls in the bathroom if you needed. There was only a shower unit (no tub).
--One thing I wanted to note was while the room itself was totally spotless and clean, the shower needed to be rinsed & cleaned a little better. There were hairs and fibers on the bottom of it.
--The room has an older television with basic cable channels, I believe there was also some paper per view options available.
--We had a single table/desk with one chair, a single nightstand, and a dresser in the room for furniture. The walls were also bare except for one picture above the bed, but I think that would be good for an extended guest who may need to use the walls to tape up pictures, papers, ETC
--We also saw coin washer and dryer units down with the ice and vending machines, so you can do laundry.
--Yes, trains do go by every half hour or so, however, that is in no way, shape, or form the hotel's fault (in fact, you can hear the trains from all of the hotels in the area). My husband, who is an extremely light sleeper, had absolutely no issues sleeping through the trains.
--The gentlemen at the front desk in the morning when we checked out was very polite and funny. The young lady who had checked us in the night before seemed a little bored and underwhelmed (but maybe this was because she was working on New Year's Eve).
--You set up your house keeping needs (there's cards in the room explaining everything).
--It put us at only a 10 minute drive from where our party was on Broadway and only a 15 min-ish drive from the Tucson Mall, which was very nice.

Overall, it's a nice hotel. Nothing fancy, but very straightforward and well priced.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 5 January 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Crossland and we did not know what to expect but we had an absolutely great experience! My advice for the ones who are expecting a "full service hotel experience" is go somewhere else where the hotel is classified as a full service hotel. This is what you get: a room with a kitchenette and utensils (pots, pans) It is a studio. They are affiliated with Extended Stay and it works the same. No housekeeping services, you can take your used towels and exchange them for clean ones. In other words, it is like your own studio apartment and clean it. None of the stuff you get at a traditional hotel. I recommend this hotel and we will be using it frequently from now on!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike A
Susan L, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Quakertown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

So many "NQR (Not Quite Right) Factors that I will not choose them again. Here's the laundry list: our non-smoking room smelled of smoke and had cigarette burns on the bedspread; they gave us a new room but it still smelled funny. Shower in room above us was leaking into our shower causing huge ballon of water under the paint, with drips nad eyesore. Trash and beer cans were strewn about the grounds. Fridge did not work; they eventually brought a new one 4 hrs later than promised. Missing kitchennete plates, silverware, etc.; we had to forage for enough cooking utensiles to prepare meals. The bright spot was the front desk woman who tried like make things right, however, the poor maintenance and shoddy upkeep were apparently beyond her control. Had this facility been clean and properly maintained, I would have far more favorable comments.

Room Tip: Be prepared for no pool, no ice machine, no restaurant, and train whistles at all hrs of the night.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve. As well, I apologize for the outside disturbances you experienced. We try to ensure our guests are not affected; however, some sounds are out of our control.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

My stay here at Crossland has been very pleasant and comfortable. The staff respects your privacy but if you need service, housekeepers and maintenance personnel provide it promptly and courteously. At the same time, the manager is highly organized, has impeccable manners and attends to every detail of his job meticulously. And one of the housekeepers at Crossland deserves special attention in this review--Maria!
Maria cleans your room spotlessly and if you are a little quirky and want something done like you do it at home, she pampers you graciously. Maria has, to put it another way, a radiant personality that makes guests feel like they are part of her family.

• Stayed July 2012
Dan G, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

In today's world, people look for the negative things when renting. I have the most wonderful experience when I stayed at Crossland. Dan the manager and his staff are not only professional, they are friendlly, curtious and responsive to the needs that I had. I think that kudo's are appropriate when you speak to this staff.

In corporate america, we tend to look for fault instead of the positive. This was a very positive experience. Let your staff know.

BA

Room Tip: I think that queen size beds should be available in quantiy. Especially if you are a long term resi...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

If you are looking for a nice hotel to stay at in Tucson, AZ then Crossland is the place. Their rates are extremely affordable. Each room offers a stove and a refrigerator which makes traveling a lot less expensive because instead of having to eat out everyday you can cook in the rooms. Our room was very clean and had a nice smell to it which did surprise me. The staff there is very friendly and always willing to answer any questions. There was one gentleman in particular that went out of his way to make us feel more comfortable and at home. I believe his name was Dan. He was always busy with either helping guests or picking up the property. He did an awesome job at keeping the outside of the property clean and neat. When I come back to Tucson I will definitely stay again and will recommend it to friends and family. Everyone should check this hotel out if they will be staying in Tucson!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

Nice affordable accommodation for few days.It is a clean place with all the neccesities.The staff are very friendly.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Tucson - Butterfield Drive. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.