“Other rooms in the area might be worth checking into.”

Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive
Ranked #33 of 47 Speciality Lodging in Tucson
Houston, Texas
“Other rooms in the area might be worth checking into.”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My stay was very poor.I had trash being cleaned outside of my room early in the morning that smell horrible. The front desk told me one price that ended up being another after I arrived. The AC thermostat did not work it was freezing in the room all night.

• Stayed April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the maintenance issues and level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our cleaning procedures and maintenance policies to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Again, thank you for the comments. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tbu@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
round rock, tx usa
Reviewed 2 February 2014

staff is very nice and helpful but room and public areas are very dirty. internet service worked intermittently.
changed rooms, second room was better but carpet very dirty. hallways severely stained, trash receptacles remained full during stay. had to work with tech support on two occasions because internet service wouldn't work. they determined it was the host and not my computer.
so although the staff was helpful, it didn't resolve my feeling of being in a dirty environment. I've been staying at this motel for several years, ever since it opened, it is at its worst!

Room Tip: check out room before moving in. ask for room close to router. first floor is clean, others are not
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pat n
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Pat - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so glad that our staff provided you with such great service; however, I am sorry for the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that we are working to deep clean the property and also improve our cleaning services moving forward.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tbu@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Obregon
Reviewed 17 December 2013

to rest! is a great hotel and excellent location near to freeway, the staff are very nice and help you throughout. The even room are the best. Would definitely go back in other cases. I fell at home. thanks!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff and property.

Aarhus, Arhus, Denmark
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The only positive feature of this hotel is that it is near the airport. Otherwise, it lies in an unattractive area, virtually surrounded by trailer parks. The walls are very thin, and one hears the loud blaring of the many freight trains that pass through all night long. The room smelled dirty, and the water faucet in the bathroom couldn't be turned off. Most of the other guests are foreign migrant workers & some of the people we saw at the hotel made us feel anxiously insecure. Although we had booked our room for 8 nights, we checked out after just one night, and found a much nicer place in northern Tucson.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Greg F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Greg - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that you felt unsafe during your stay, and that you had a maintenance issue with your faucet. I discussed your comments with the team, and I have created a work order for the maintenance issue to get it repaired immediately. As for safety, please know we take this very seriously and work hard to ensure our guests are comfortable at all times. With that in mind, we will look into your concerns and take action as needed.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at TBU@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Buckeye, Arizona
Reviewed 28 October 2013

For the price we knew it would not be the Ritz. What we got was a very clean room with plenty of space to spread out. We were only there for 2 nights and really only needed a clean room and bathroom This met our needs and liked having a fridg to store drinks and snacks. The staff was exceptional and we will stay there again when in that area. We were there on a weekend and found it to be a quiet area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Susan - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and everything was comfortable for you. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is a bare bones real cheap place. The price is hard to beat, however when you consider that in terms of design, furnishings and functionality anything more than what the cost is on the internet reservation screen would be a serious stretch almost a rip off to charge for the room in this hotel. The best part of the hotel I found to be their staff. During my stay I came across friendly and courteous people working their best to make an honest living and make your stay as comfortable as circumstances allow. I had some issues with the room and Paulina went above and beyond by providing me with a clean and more spacious room which made up for the inconvenience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tucson - Butterfield Drive, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our staff and employees. While our accommodations may not have met your expectations, I am proud of our team for making your stay comfortable.