“You won't find friendlier employees anywhere...”

Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre
Ranked #47 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My wife and I were in Tucson for the bead, gem, and mineral shows, which is one of the area's busiest times of the year. The hotel was almost completely full, and yet walking through the halls to our room, to the desk, or to the communal space in the lobby we were met by a smile and a "how are you today" from every employee, from the GM to the front desk staff, housekeepers and maintenance staffers. The desk staff were personable and friendly, and the hotel was clean and well-maintained. The room even had that "clean hotel room" smell that you really want when you check in. We were in a room near the elevator, but the room was quiet, and everything you need from a business-style hotel, and we were particularly pleased to find it located near a lot of good food options, both chain and quality locally owned favorites. It's exactly what you want and expect from a good quality hotel for business travelers, with the added benefit of a genuine and friendly staff.

BTW if you're a craft beer aficionado, be sure to make a recommendation to Jason at the front desk. He's here from the UK and has just started learning about American beers.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim P
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear You Won't Find Friendlier Employees Anywhere,

Thank you very much for your awesome review of the Courtyard hotel. It really means a lot to our team. I am glad you noticed the effort the associates make to be friendly and helpful. Also, thank you for mentioning the overall cleanliness of the poperty.

Please know that I here to help you at any time.

All my best to you.

Logan Shinn

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We spent two nights at the Courtyard Tucson last weekend, and we were very pleased with everything. The curb appeal is great, and when you walk through the door your first impression is equally positive. We arrived early but were able to check in anyway. The person at the desk was efficient, courteous, accommodating and informative. When we asked about Tucson attractions, she had several suggestions, and she marked locations and routes on a complimentary map. The housekeeping person who took care of our room was also outgoing and friendly.

The room was clean with a lovely view of the courtyard area. We would have loved to sit out there for a bit had it been just a little warmer. The bed was very comfortable as well.

Our only complaint was that the tub in our room was extremely slippery. I have some balance issues so this was a concern for us. Other than that, we loved the place, and really appreciated the great rate.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Great Stay,

Thank you for your excellent review of the hotel. It looks like you had a great time. I apologize for the slippery tub. We will definitely look into that in the up coming months. Tucson can be a little unpredictable in the winter. I think our highs were in the 50's.

I hope you the very best. Please come back soon to Tucson and the hotel.

Logan Shinn

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This hotel is tucked away off the main road. It has has a nice appearance inside and out. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The first evening in Tuscon we arrived in the evening, so we just ate at the Bistro in the hotel. The food and drinks were very good and prices were reasonable for what we got. Out rate did not include breakfast, but there is coffee and tea available in the lobby. The Good Egg restaurant is almost next store if you want a large meal.
Our room was clean and comfortable but my wife and myself differ on the rating for the review. I would say very good because I am a sound sleeper. My wife would say average or below, because she was awakened on 2 nights by sounds from other rooms. In particular she complained about the people next store who were up at 4 AM, turned on the TV, and then all took lengthy showers. So overall, this is a tough review to summarize. If we hadn't has noisy neighbors, the stay would have been better.

Room Tip: There are rooms facing the garden and pool area, and rooms facing the parking area. If you have a st...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Very Good Not Perfect,

Thank you very much for your excellent review of the hotel. I am sorry for the noise you experienced that kept you awake at night. Tucson is a busy place this time of year with many guests coming and going. We apologize for this issue.

Please feel free to contact me at any time. We know you have many choices for accomodations.

All my best to you!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

One of the best Courtyard Hotels.......I arrived early, and was able to get checked-in at @11.30am. Location wise, it's just off Broadway, about 15 minutes east of downtown at Williams Center. We were booked in on a Marriott Rewards free night, so our rate did not include breakfast, but there are restaurant choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner less than 1 block away. We had a 2nd floor room, away from the pool, with a nice view of the mountains. I have nothing bad to say......

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear One of the Best Courtyard Hotels,

I loved your review of the hotel - thank you for being great! My staff reads these reviews each day. They are really important to us. Please contact me the next time you are in town. It would be great to say hi.

(sorry for the short response - I broke my elbow a few weeks ago so typing is a challenge).

Reviewed 13 January 2014

OK People, The Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre Marriott was a phenomenal experience.

It is so pleasing to see this beautiful lobby/bistro area when you first come thru the front lobby. The pleasant front desk staff was smiling, friendly, knowledgeable and such a joy. A pleasant first impression is vital to set the tone for the rest of our stay.

Well, our room was spotless, decorated beautiful, and I must tell you the bathroom looked
brand new ----- it was so spotless.

This was our second stay at this property. MELISSA, who checked us in our first visit was
exceptional. Her customer service was extra ordinary. Her smile was gorgeous. Her attitude was awesome. When you visit this property hopefully you will be lucky and have Melissa check your group in as well.

We opened the glass sliding door to a beautiful pool area complete with lush landscaping and water works. Simply delightful and inviting.

So I completely give this property and staff 5 stars, everything was PHENOMENAL, PLEASANT, PLEASING, and DEFINATELY PRAISE WORTHY!

Location was perfect. Restaurants and nice shops just steps away. Yes, and even right across the street was a TARGET just in case you needed anything.

Dont hesitate to visit -----

Room Tip: I would recommend a room that opens to the inside courtyard. Its so beautiful.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 1952Ruby
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear PRAISEWORTHY MARRIOTT,

Thank you for your amazing words about the Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre. Your comments about the staff service, and Melissa were awesome. We have been so blessed over the years by having a very loyal and hardworking team. Each employee puts their heart into their work: to make great stays happen for our guests.

I am so thankful you took the time and effort to complete a survey and to let us know your thoughts... The staff reads theses comments and your words are important to us all.

Come again soon!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We booked several rooms at this hotel for a family reunion. We were very happy with everything in the hotel. The ratio of quality vs price was excellent. We tried to extend our stay for another week, but the price jumped 50%, so we found a better deal next door.

The hotel is conveniently located among restaurants, entertainment, and shopping centers, with easy access to most things to do in Tucson. It has ample parking and a tiny convenience shop inside. The lobby has fireplace, several computers and it's very pleasant. There's a courtyard with a beautiful fountain and a swimming pool.

This is not a luxury hotel, but it's well maintained, clean, and convenient. The WiFi is super fast and easy to connect to. Carpeting is very clean. There's a small fridge inside the room. Guests may request room service or else have food delivered from various nearby restaurants. Safety deposit boxes are available at the front desk. Air conditioning works well--even in the desert clilmate the heating did not feel excessively dry. Plenty fluffy towels were provided.

The staff was very friendly. I recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Henry S
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Excellent Value in Tucson Arizona,

Thank you so much for your awesome review of the hotel. The details are very helpful. Please know that I am always here to help with your next stay. I hope you the very best in 2014.

(Sorry for the brief response - I had a little accident while running and broke my elbow - Typing is a bit of an adveture for me now - I wanted to make sure you knew we are listening)

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I needed to quickly reserve a room for a one-night business/personal visit to Tucson and did not have time to search for the best possible deal. While I have stayed at Marriott hotels, previously, this was my first time at a Courtyard. This hotel lived up to the Marriott brand. The room was immaculately clean, with a comfortable bed AND sofa. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous. The visit was part business and part personal. It was nice being able to have a room with a sofa and coffee table, which enabled me to have a comfortable, impromptu meeting in my room with several others. I thought the room cost was a little pricey, but didn't have time to shop and compare with other hotels in the area. I do have three criticisms. These may seem to be nitpicky, and they are. But, it is the small things, sometimes, that can make a difference, particularly if the room price is seemingly high, even if it isn't:
1. For a hotel geared to business customers, it would be appropriate to have two wastebaskets: one for the bath and one for the desk. There was only one wastebasket in the room.
2. The facial tissues were cheap tissues--an off-brand, that was thin, not very absorbent, and scratchy. For a few dimes more, I think the hotel could spring for a premium grade, like Puffs or Kleenex, that can actually function as a tissue should. And, there should be at least two boxes: one for the bath and one for the nightstand or desk!
3. There should be a free, continental breakfast. For me, all I would want is coffee, a piece of fruit and orange juice. There is a 24/hr refrigerator case from which items may be purchased and an in-lobby snack bar/restaurant. So, food IS available, but for purchase. Offering a free continental breakfast would be a nice touch. A sore spot is that while the refrigerator case is supposed to have milk for purchase, it was not available and I had to pay double the amount to purchase the same, one-half pint at the in-lobby restaurant. It was not worth my time to make an issue over 75 cents, but it is a petty thing that leaves the impression that the hotel is trying to "nickel and dime" its customers. Marriott is better than that. Still, I would strongly consider staying here again, since having a clean, comfortable room, friendly, professional staff, and an easily accessible computer and printer right in the lobby, is something I genuinely appreciate. Also, nothing was worn. Clearly, the company works to ensure everything is well-maintained.

Room Tip: Room on north side of hotel, near elevator and side entrance door was perfectly located. It was rel...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Abe18
Logan S, General Manager at Courtyard Tucson Williams Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Friendly staff,

Thank you very much for this excellent review of the hotel. You bring so much credibility to the discussion - very impressive!

Something you experienced: Location, cleanliness, friendliness, comfort. You must know that this is one of the top guest experience Courtyard hotels in North America! We are here to please.

The price of the hotel is based on very careful analysis of the market place - supply and demand. We do our very best to provide an excellent value, with a competitive price. In the Courtyard brand we offer a full Starbuck's menu and entree items prepared individually. We give the conusmer a choice from the other free breakfast buffet hotels. I can understand that it is not for everyone - it's just what we have decided to do for our target business customer.

Please let me know when you are in town again - I want to say hello to you and help you with your stay.

I am honored by your review and thank you very much for taking the time here.

All my best to you,