“Good place”

Comfort Suites at Tucson Mall
Ranked #68 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 7 October 2013

It is your basic Comfort Inn, but staff makes it great. Check in was amazing. Although we did arrive pass business hours, Luis stuck around and made sure everything was fine. Luis was amazing and went above and beyond being helpful. Not only all of our requests were accommodated, but totally anticipated any additional needs and requests. Super nice guy.
Hotel is conveniently located adjacent to shopping and dining. Our group loved it here. We would come back anytime.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I decided to book this hotel because it was conveniently located. Very close to the mall, restaurants, major attractions and to the center of town. The receptionist was polite and check-in was done quickly. The reception area is cleaned and polished. My room was located on the first floor. The room was large, equipped fairly well, looked clean but there was a slight moldy smell. Internet connection is fast. Air conditioning unit is not wall controlled. Carpets definitely need to be changed. I could hear the guest on the upper floor walking around all night and moving around on his/her noisy bed. Just before I went to bed I decided to do something I normally do at hotels. I pulled off all pillow cases and inspected the pillows. Disgusting! Absolutely disgusting! All pillows were stained with God knows what. There were brown, green and yellow stains all over. I slept on a rolled up towel and the pillows were thrown on the floor. Breakfast however was nice and the lady that was around the bk area was friendly. The gym is miniscule with 3 or 4 running machines. Pool is small – perfect area for a sunbath. Upon check-out I handed in the paper survey that was in the room and told the receptionist about the dirty old pillows and he just muttered that they will be renovating. Which to me should not be an excuse at all. I remember staying at a Comfort Inn in Orland and that was a really good hotel.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a suite.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was a very clean and comfortable stay. The employees were very friendly and accommodating. The hotel was convenient to restaurants and shopping. We enjoyed our weekend. We were in Tucson for a 5k so comfort and convenience was top priority. The breakfast was good but could have more selection.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Upon arrival I walked into the lobby to the smell of fresh paint and new carpet and the sight of new tile and furniture... I thought "Wow; I'm surprised this place is as inexpensive as it is," then I asked the receptionist if this was a new property. "No," she replied; "The property is being completely remodeled." We made our way to our suite to find very dated furnishings, accouterments, and a fan in the bathroom that whined, squealed, rattled, and knocked, it was also kind of hanging down from the ceiling. I returned to the front desk to ask if we could be moved to another suite. The clerk said all the fans are loud, but maybe not as loud as that one. We checked two other rooms, both were quieter, a lot quieter, so we moved our luggage and settled in for the night. I should mention that the TV is state of the art, large flat screen with HDMI, USB, and AV inputs. I'm not sure about housekeeping... The room seemed clean, linens, bedding, furniture, etc., but there was a potato chip behind the nightstand (I noticed when I plugged something into the electrical outlet), and there was a tortilla or quesadilla left in the microwave from the previous guest, I imagine. Breakfast was served from 6:00 to 9:00 a.m. And included cinnamon and traditional waffles, sausage patties, scrambled eggs, bagels, toast, muffins, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, coffee, juice, and everything else you would expect from Comfort Suites. I'm rating this a three, it's a little stretch, but I'm certain they'll make it... The potential exists for a rating of "four," I guess it remains to be seen.

Room Tip: Before unloading your luggage, and unpacking your bags, check the bathroom fan to make sure it won...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Spent three nights here last week. They were remodeling the lobby but the room was fine; large, clean, good bedding and towels, good AC (important since it was 107F my last day!!!) etc. The breakfast was fine for a free meal.
All in all the stay was typical but I must say that the staff was quite nice throughout.
In addition, it is very convenient to MANY restaurants and shops in and near the Mall.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stay at the Comfort Suites whenever we're in Tucson. It's clean, the beds are VERY comfy and they have a great breakfast. The mall is right across the street if you have time. There's restaurants very close.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JackiePhxAZ
Reviewed 22 May 2013

This is a very nice property inside the Tucson Auto Mall perimeter and across Oracle Rd from the Tucson Mall. Restaurants nearby, shopping across the street. Room, beds, all very good. Great full breakfast. Will stay here again when in Tucson.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business