“Dec 20 & 21 2013”

Ranked #67 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Phoenix, Arizona
“Dec 20 & 21 2013”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Clean and neat however: shower head leaked, tub made noise when you got in; exhaust fan loud; hole in wall behind room door; screw holes in wall next to vanity. Requested a quiet room: Hall quieted down at 11P.M. Fri; and 2:30 A.M. Sat. Breakfast Sat was good; Sun tried 3 times but no seats. All in all: poor maintenance; special request ignored - not a good experience -- will not be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
FocusHospitality, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites at Tucson Mall, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear hikerguy2013,

We are very sorry to read that your stay was not pleasant. We have investigated the issues and are working with our team members to ensure future guests do not experience such incidents. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It does help us to improve our guest's stays. We hope you will reconsider another visit to our hotel. We hope for the opportunity to show our true service and product quality.

SueAnn Lemon
VP Sales and Marketing
Focus Hospitality Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wittmann, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I recently spent a weekend in Tucson (attending a dog show) and stayed at the Comfort Suites at Tucson Mall. The staff was awesome. I can't single one out, they were ALL great. The facilities are clean and up to date. I even had a walk-in shower! I travel with a service dog and Skye was welcomed warmly. The breakfasts were a bit different each morning and all were good. The ring times for my dog Murphy were very early in the morning, and the staff made sure I had breakfast before I had to leave for the dog show grounds even though the breakfast times were not yet "open". All in all, my stay was fantastic. As an older woman traveling alone with a service dog, my Comfort Suites experience topped all my expectations. Thank you CS and staff for a very enjoyable stay. I definitely will stay there again when I come to Tucson in the future.

Room Tip: My room was a handicapped room on the first floor. It fit my needs perfectly. The walk-in shower w...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
FocusHospitality, V.P. of Management Company at Comfort Suites at Tucson Mall, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Linda L,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We're all so pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit. It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us. We certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Sue Lemon
V.P. Sales and Marketing
Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I needed a quick spot to stay for a procedure the following day. I arrived at the hotel, was checked in to the last room on the top floor corner. Property wasn't full. What a night! The A/C unit sounded like a road grader, the wallpaper was peeling, the sprinkler head was broken over t. The mattresses sank. The water pressure, water saver egg or something else relegated the water to a dribble. BEWARE: The shower is a disaster waiting to happen. There doesn't appear to be anti slip strips on the bottom and there is one grab bar located very low. Upon leaving, I found out that most of the entire 3rd floor was under renovation! Doors wide open, stuff piled in the hall, a crews doing sheetrock and other work. I'm more tha a little peaved that the venue didn't give me or the booking agency a heads up that renovation was in progress. That is going to hurt my decision to stay stay at this brand property again.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear retdeltee,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry your stay was much less than wonderful. Through our renovation, we managed to keep our guests away from the areas of renovation. Clearly we failed to do this with your visit. We sincerely apologize! I do want to share that the hotel's renovations will be complete next week. The entire hotel has transformed into a beautiful, calm and quiet hotel. Our entire teams hopes for an opportunity to welcome you back to experience a truly wonderful stay. Thank you for your time.

Sue Lemon
V.P. Sales and Marketing
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Another Choice location that's initially difficult to find but is convenient to get around town while you're there. Again, the TP and facial tissue are less than great. Basic breakfast offerings. The staff was helpful with printing from the internet.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank suburban-countess
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

My family and I truly enjoyed our stay at this facility. It was in a great location. It was close to many great things to do. The staff was professional yet very personable, everyone greeted us with a great smile.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

It is your basic Comfort Inn, but staff makes it great. Check in was amazing. Although we did arrive pass business hours, Luis stuck around and made sure everything was fine. Luis was amazing and went above and beyond being helpful. Not only all of our requests were accommodated, but totally anticipated any additional needs and requests. Super nice guy.
Hotel is conveniently located adjacent to shopping and dining. Our group loved it here. We would come back anytime.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
San Jose, Costa Rica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I decided to book this hotel because it was conveniently located. Very close to the mall, restaurants, major attractions and to the center of town. The receptionist was polite and check-in was done quickly. The reception area is cleaned and polished. My room was located on the first floor. The room was large, equipped fairly well, looked clean but there was a slight moldy smell. Internet connection is fast. Air conditioning unit is not wall controlled. Carpets definitely need to be changed. I could hear the guest on the upper floor walking around all night and moving around on his/her noisy bed. Just before I went to bed I decided to do something I normally do at hotels. I pulled off all pillow cases and inspected the pillows. Disgusting! Absolutely disgusting! All pillows were stained with God knows what. There were brown, green and yellow stains all over. I slept on a rolled up towel and the pillows were thrown on the floor. Breakfast however was nice and the lady that was around the bk area was friendly. The gym is miniscule with 3 or 4 running machines. Pool is small – perfect area for a sunbath. Upon check-out I handed in the paper survey that was in the room and told the receptionist about the dirty old pillows and he just muttered that they will be renovating. Which to me should not be an excuse at all. I remember staying at a Comfort Inn in Orland and that was a really good hotel.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo