Best Western Gold Poppy Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Omni Tucson National Resort(Tucson)
View Hotel
All reviewsroad constructionina roadbest westernsroom was cleanworking ordergreat place to staysaguaro national parkseparate bedroomwould stay againfridge and microwaveeasy accessexercise roomenjoyed my stayhot breakfastup to datetucson areafree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I had stayed in this hotel before it was a Best Western. The remodeling Best Western did to the building was lovely. The rooms were spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only criticism was that the room only had one waste basket in the bathroom and no waste basket in the main room. Regarding the food, the hotel only provided the dried creamers for coffee. For a "Plus" hotel, real half and half would have been appreciated and also expected.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2013

The rooms were very clean. Even though the location is right by the I-10 and our room was facing towards it, we didn't hear any freeway noise at all. The hotel is located less than 5 minutes from a major shopping area. The staff were very friendly and wanted to make sure everything was okay with your room. We will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda R
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I have been a Best Western fan for a number of years. I have never had a bad stay or bad experience at any Best Western hotel I have ever used. The Gold Poppy Inn in NW Tucson replaced a Best Western a bit further north in Marana, AZ for me. I prefer the north end of Tucson for getting around and accomplishing my tasks. This hotel is not new but it is new to Best Western and me. It is very well run. That manager always seem to be there, or 30 seconds away. The front desk staff are reasonably friendly and competent. The rooms are perfect for me. Little fridge and microwave. Nice TV. Always plenty of hot water. But the best thing is the price. I hope it stays this way for a while. I am moving from where I live now and will no longer go to Tucson, but if I ever do, and in the meantime, while I am moving, I will go to the Gold Poppy Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Ustlach
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Room was clean, good TV, comfortable bed. Microwave and fridge if you need them. We enjoyed our stay here. Staff were very good. We unfortunately had a blocked toilet, but it was dealt with straight away, no problem at all. Breakfast was standard for Best Western. Waffle maker, cheese omelet, sausage (burger if you are from the UK), toast, pastries etc. Only problem for me was I am lactose intolerant so a cheese omelet was unfortunate. Wi-fi and guest computer were fine.

One thing that might be a problem is the nearby train line. If you are a light sleeper request a room furthest away from the line as they tend to 'hoot' through the night. Did not disturb us though.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper request a room furthest away from the train line
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CocoaBerkshire
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Hotel was perfect for the business traveler. Room was clean and was set up nicely. Staff was friendly and attentive. This location has easy access to the freeway. I will be using this location for future business trips to Tucson.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business