“Recent stay at Gold Poppy Inn”

Best Western Gold Poppy Inn
Ranked #31 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
A Best Western traveller
Reviewed 19 February 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Ravi k, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Our stay was for the christmas holiday of 2012,The rooms wer very clean and neat nothing fancy about the hotel. But the value was one of the lowest rates around there was plenty of resteraunts in the vicinity and a strip mall within 1/2 mile the free hot breakfast was tasty (i recommend the Cheese omelletes) would definately stay here again

Room Tip: There is a train that goes by.You want to stay on the non facing freeway side althuogh I never reall...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Tucosn.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I had stayed in this hotel before it was a Best Western. The remodeling Best Western did to the building was lovely. The rooms were spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only criticism was that the room only had one waste basket in the bathroom and no waste basket in the main room. Regarding the food, the hotel only provided the dried creamers for coffee. For a "Plus" hotel, real half and half would have been appreciated and also expected.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2013

The rooms were very clean. Even though the location is right by the I-10 and our room was facing towards it, we didn't hear any freeway noise at all. The hotel is located less than 5 minutes from a major shopping area. The staff were very friendly and wanted to make sure everything was okay with your room. We will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda R
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I have been a Best Western fan for a number of years. I have never had a bad stay or bad experience at any Best Western hotel I have ever used. The Gold Poppy Inn in NW Tucson replaced a Best Western a bit further north in Marana, AZ for me. I prefer the north end of Tucson for getting around and accomplishing my tasks. This hotel is not new but it is new to Best Western and me. It is very well run. That manager always seem to be there, or 30 seconds away. The front desk staff are reasonably friendly and competent. The rooms are perfect for me. Little fridge and microwave. Nice TV. Always plenty of hot water. But the best thing is the price. I hope it stays this way for a while. I am moving from where I live now and will no longer go to Tucson, but if I ever do, and in the meantime, while I am moving, I will go to the Gold Poppy Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Ustlach
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Room was clean, good TV, comfortable bed. Microwave and fridge if you need them. We enjoyed our stay here. Staff were very good. We unfortunately had a blocked toilet, but it was dealt with straight away, no problem at all. Breakfast was standard for Best Western. Waffle maker, cheese omelet, sausage (burger if you are from the UK), toast, pastries etc. Only problem for me was I am lactose intolerant so a cheese omelet was unfortunate. Wi-fi and guest computer were fine.

One thing that might be a problem is the nearby train line. If you are a light sleeper request a room furthest away from the line as they tend to 'hoot' through the night. Did not disturb us though.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper request a room furthest away from the train line
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CocoaBerkshire
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Hotel was perfect for the business traveler. Room was clean and was set up nicely. Staff was friendly and attentive. This location has easy access to the freeway. I will be using this location for future business trips to Tucson.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business