“Convenient to Saguaro National Park”

Best Western Gold Poppy Inn
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Best Western PLUS Gold Poppy Inn, Tucson is: convenient to Saguaro National Park and only a few exits from downtown; an excellent value, and very clean. The staff are friendly and professional and the breakfast is okay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank webra
Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Our staff and I appreciate your stay with us and that you had enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to see you again when you visit Tucson again.
Thank you.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed for 3 nights while visiting relatives in Tucson and found this hotel to be perfect for our needs.The hotel is newly remodeled and a very clean facility. Other reviewers complained about the train noise but I brought a sound machine and never was bothered by it. They do supply earplugs and play up the history of the trains coming to Tucson to help build the city,cute. The bed was comfortable and a great showerhead. I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank beadsrule
Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Thank you for mentioning the history of the train and appreciating our hotel cleanliness.
I will share this with my staff and we all hope to see you again when you visit Tucson again.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stayed there because we had stayed there in the past when I have to go to Tucson for medical procedures. We have found the staff to be OUTSTANDING. For the price I don't think you can find a better property ANYWHERE. The rooms are a nice size and EXTREMELY clean and well-maintained. As someone else said the pool is small, but for us that wasn't a problem. I, too, am gluten intolerant, but never really expect to be able to eat at the free breakfasts. The GM was very apologetic that she had no gluten free items and I appreciated that she took the time to determine this for me. Great location.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker there is even a nice outside smoking area with patio tables and chairs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for staying with us and you had enjoyed your stay. I will share this response of
your stay with us with my staff and we hope to see you again when you visit Tucson.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Spent two nights there. The location was good. The rooms were not spacious, but they were clean. The breakfast was poor, my daughter has gluten allergies, and they had nothing for her so we had to go elsewhere to eat. The pool was small and in a bad location. The staff were friendly though, but I don't think that we would return. Too expensive for what you got!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

We thank you for staying with us and you have found our staff very helpful. We sincerely
apologize for not having gluten free food, we rarely have somebody ask for it, but
we will keep in mind of the same.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed 2 nights. Had a room opposite the freeway, room was quiet. Clean. Can access Saguaro without going on the Interstate from Ina Rd. Breakfasts were good. Cheese Omelets one day (my hubby hates cheese), but regular scrambled eggs next day, waffles, etc. Denny's is within walking distance. Price was right. Internet service good. Adequate selection of TV channels. Plugs available on bedside and desk lamps.

Room Tip: Ask for opposite freeway.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and you had enjoyed your stay and our breakfast.
We hope to see you again when you visit Tucson again.
Naina

Reviewed 29 November 2013

At check in I asked for additional coffee pods because my Husband and I are huge coffee drinkers and the receptionist gave me an attitude and was hesitant. There was a train close by and it was kind of annoying but they did give us ear plugs to accommodate us. We left pretty early and missed the breakfast and the receptionist at check out was kind enough to send us with danishes to go! Love that about this hotel, love where employees go out of their way. That is so rare nowadays.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Latisha R

Thank you for staying with us, I apologize for the front desk but we will make sure it does
not happen again.
Naina

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here en route to USA from Mexico and was very impressed with every aspect. The breakfast was good too though I would have liked a little more nutrition in the scrambled eggs, say some fresh tomatoes to add but that's being picky. The cleanliness and quality of bedding, amenities and free wifi in room make this my go-to hotel in Tucson from now on. Very nice quiet reception, a smile and quick processing. The new key system is the same as a card and worked well. Good satellite TV range too. They even supply ear-plugs as there is the sound of Amtrak whistle way in the distance but I thought that was really soothing rather than noisy and couldn't hear the freeway at all overnight. There is a Denny's (walking distance) next door that gives discounts on meals to guests.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Naina N, Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

We thank you staying with us at the Best Western Plus Gold Poppy Inn, Tucson, AZ., and that
you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and the room. We hope to see you again when you visit
Tucson again. Thank you.