I stayed at the Westin hotel a conferece in Tucson. Although I am a SPG platinum member, it was my first stay at a Westin hotel. And I was pleasantly surprised.
First, I have to mention that I did not expect anything from Tucson. But it is a town in a very beautiful setting. Very outdoorish mentality. Loved it, unexpectedly. Would love to come back!
Second, I also have to state that I am a big fan of Tripadvisor. I read most reviews of the hotels that I am travelling to, and like to post a lot of reviews myself. Having said that, I am very sceptic of some of the very positive reviews here. In contrast to other hotels, many of the raving Tripadvisor reviews rating this hotel as excellent have been written by persons that just posted only one review, sometimes combined with a review of the very average restaurant. I do not want to insinuate anything, but I have the strong impression that some hotel staff (or relatives) may be behind these many positive reviews. And it is a pitty as they should not do that since the hotel is pretty fine.
Third, beware that the pool area is currently under construction. They have a large, albeit uninteresting pool available at the nearby La Paloma club for the hotel guests. Just wanted to make sure that you know that, so you may want to delay your stay at this hotel until construction is finished. I am sure it will be pretty nice.
I list here the pros, as I could not really find any contras in the hotel (besides my check-out bill being not correct, not receiving one wake up call, and the main restaurant being far from a memorable gastronomic experience):
-Location : looking out the mountains, overlooking a golf terrain, not too far (by car) from shops and restaurants.
-Staff : very kind, very helpful
-Room : recently renovated an truly a great room. Soft bed, nice balcony, lots of space, lovely bathroom. Ask for a room overlooking the sunset.
-Green program : they award their guests for being green, and that was a first for me (not having your room cleaned means you will get a 5 US $ discount voucher for food, or 500 SPG points which you can convert to airmiles).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newest level of luxury in the Southwest at Tucson's iconic Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. This AAA Four-Diamond resort, beautifully situated in the lush foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, has undergone a $305 million resort-wide rejuvenation. The result is a more contemporary, personalized flare to the resort's renowned elegance that exceeds expectations and fulfills every guests needs. Each of the 487 spacious guest rooms (including 25 expansive suites) have been meticulously reappointed, with attention to the smallest details, to provide the most relaxing and convenient space to unwind. A perfect getaway for couples, families or corporate retreats, The Westin La Paloma Resort offers world-class amenities including five re-imagined resort swimming pools and the 177a€™ Sidewinder water-slide; 27 holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature golf; the full-service, restorative Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa; WestinWORKOUT Fitness Center; Kids Club; and 8 exceptional dining options. Just 25 minutes from the Tucson International Airport, The Westin La Paloma Resort is conveniently located near art galleries, shopping, and a wide variety of signature destination attractions and dining. Courtesy transportation is provided for guests via new Mercedes Sprinters to the upscale La Encantada shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Ebookers, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Paloma Hotel Tucson
- Westin Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Tucson Arizona
- Tucson Westin
- Westin La Paloma Resort And Spa Tucson, Arizona