“Amazing Staff: Should” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing Staff: Should”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Let me just start by saying - Right now I'm planning my wedding and if I didn't live in Illinois, I would have it here.

We are just finishing up a week of conferences here at the Westin and everyone has been amazing. We had a 1 week window to organize 3 days worth of conferences for 300+ people and they did it flawlessly. Angela was a pro at organizing the banquet events and she gave us really great logistical advice on how to set up the workstations to efficiently collect documents, distribute T-Shirts, etc. Peter and Kyle were excellent banquet managers that were very attentive to all our needs and adapted to changes as the events progressed throughout the day. Aaron and Rob helped me sort out all the rooming list issues especially as we coordinated many new incoming people. And Glenn the GM was check on us in the mornings before the events and in the evenings after the events.

Green Features: They have a green policy which allows you to get a $5 coupon in when you hang
1 Thank Jonathan G
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for sharing how we excelled in creating an amazing conference for you in such a short time. As I read the multitude of names, I’m proud to see so many of our team listed and then humbled to read my own name. Even though we may not be an option for your wedding, we are a perfect destination for the honeymoon! Congratulations on your wedding and hope to see you and your Bride in the near future. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (763)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

The hotel is wonderful. The views of the foothills/mountains are worth the price alone.
The beds are the typical Westin lovely sleeping experience. They have thought of all the amenities in the rooms and around the grounds.
The only reason why I can't give this resort 5 stars is because the restaurant isn't up to the excellence of the rest of the experience. The food isn't special or tailored to the region.
I was expecting better.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Othello36
Jacqueline M, Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your visit to The Westin La Paloma. The Catalina Mountain views are truly one of the assets of the resort, as is normally the case with the menu at AZuL. Please know that Chef Russel Michel is passionate about Farm to Fork cuisine and will change the menu to fit the seasons. Should you choose to return to The Westin La Paloma, we hope you find the new menu to be more satisfying.
Spokane, Washington, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

We absolutely love this hotel. Our son is a student at the University of Arizona. We will most certainly stay at this beautiful hotel each time we visit Tucson. The grounds are beautiful; the rooms amazing; the staff so helpful and polite, and we were treated to a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries -- a wonderful surprise!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Terri C
I look forward to seeing you return to La Paloma for your visits to see your son. We have the complete package of location, accommodations and service. Our staff will certainly remember you and will continue to surprise and delight you during every stay. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

What a fabulous hotel! The grounds are beautiful and the staff was lovely. We very much enjoyed our stay and will certainly be back. Any small issues we had were resolved timely. Special shout out to Cortez at the Azul restaurant for entertaining us during dinner and a shout out to Joe who drove our shuttle and for recommending the fish tacos (and the most amazing ice cream sundae) at a local establishment.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Airila80
Thank you for sharing your sentiments of your visit to The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa. I look forward to having you return to enjoy an evening by the AZuL fire pits this winter. Our staff will be smiling ready to welcome you back. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

The staff at the Westin La Paloma was amazing. I felt like a VIP upon my arrival! Needless to say I am far from a VIP, after crying all the way through security because this was the first time leaving my young baby at home, I arrived with running mascara, in need of rest. Jose coordinated with the staff to have someone pick up my breast milk daily to put in a freezer!

Jennifer, a waitress at Azul, had her manager go and "OPEN" the Starbucks after hours to make a cappucino, because they were having trouble with the espresso machine at the restaraunt!

The manager of the pool bar/snack area hand crafted an ice coffee for my colleague and I ~ and ice coffees are not even on the menu!

Marilyn, at the Red Door Spa, gave me an amazing massage, spent extra time making sure I was relaxed and was very attentive to my problem areas!

Jesus assisted me to my car the last day, helped me load everything and even gave us a "cart ride" back to our room after I realized I had forgotten something.

The grounds are beautiful and the pool is AMAZING! You feel so relaxed the moment you walk in. The lobby is spectacular and it even SMELLS relaxing.

My colleague worked with the concierge in scheduling a one-on-one guided hike of the Catalina Mountains! She organized everything for her!

Room Tip: Mountain view is quiet and restful, pool view ALSO has an amazing mountain view, and hte pool ground...
Green Features: Even though we "chose to go green" we had anything we needed as far as service to our room .
1 Thank Mistydenise15
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your praises of our associates. As this was a trying time for you, with being the first time away from your baby, I am delighted that we were able to provide you with a relaxing, soothing atmosphere. Our staff is intuitive to our guests, ready to craft the perfect experience for both business and pleasure. As you noted, they have both the knowledge and the desire. I hope you may return in the future to enjoy precious moments together with your family at La Paloma. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Dear William Arce and DeAnn:
It was a pleasure to meet you both during my recent business trip and I can't thank you both for exhibiting such gracious customer service to me in the dining facilities during my visit. You both went beyond the call of duty by accomodating my dietary request for extra veggies and fruits for my entries to make the US Surgeon General proud of the serving portions you delivered. My tummy was extremely pleased with your generous actions for you added that extra touch to make my trip very memorable. Gracias and thank you once again.
Elizabeth P

1 Thank elizachile
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your sentiments of the service William and DeAnn provided for you during your recent visit. I am just as pleased as they are to read your compliments. I would like to have you return to La Paloma to relax and rejuvenate to continue your healthy lifestyle. We will be here ready to serve you more delicious and healthy culinary delights. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was staying here to attend a family wedding. The property is beautiful, located in the foothills of the mountains just north of Tucson, with breathtaking views of the mountains and surrounding desert. The wedding and reception were both held on the property, and everything went perfectly. I was not involved in the actual planning of the ceremony, but I was told by those who were, that the staff was outstanding and went out of their way to accomodate all the wedding guests. The food at the reception was delicious, and again the service was excellent! I would highly recommend this resort to anyone planning a large gathering, or just as a romantic weekend getaway!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing and recommending The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa for a family gathering as well as a quiet getaway for two. There are many anniversaries celebrated every year that began with a beautiful wedding at our Resort. I look forward to having you return for a vacation and begin a tradition of your own. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager