“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Although I was here on a business trip, I could definitely see myself coming here on vacation. Beautiful views, great serving staff, and perfect weather. Servers like William Arce were super helpful and made it their prioity to have me enjoy my stay. Would defintetly come back!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank James B
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
I definitely see you returning to The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa. I’m sure you didn’t have time to enjoy all our amenities while here on business. Envision your return. Start with a round of golf, continue by relaxing at pool and finish with an infusion by the fire pits at AZuL. That's just the first day. We’re one call away from making this happen. Thank you for sharing your sentiments and I hope to welcome you soon for a well-deserved vacation. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (763)
Englewood, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have to say, overall the hotel was wonderful! Great staff, wonderful food, and a truly relaxing location. We were impressed with the attention to detail, everything from wait staff coming by regularly while at the pool, to the friendliness of anyone passing by. However, the main reason we selected this resort was the spa. We planned out the type of massage we would like to have in advance, and expected this to be the highlight of the trip. However, it was the least professional massage either myself, or my husband, have ever received. The stones were barely hot enough to feel through the towel, there was literally no pressure. It left us both feeling more tense than relaxed. The staff at the spa were not friendly or inviting, it was just a horrifically bad spa experience. So, in total, if you're looking for a wonderful hotel but no spa services whatsoever, this Westin is your place.

Green Features: We enjoyed taking advantage of the extra $5 vouchers they provided if you choose to not have your room cleaned out daily.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank elizabeth f
Jacqueline M, Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience about the Spa, we continually use guest reviews to consider areas in which we can make improvements that will make our guests stay with us even more enjoyable. We are pleased to hear that the remainder of your stay with us qualified as 'wonderful', and I thank you for your honest comments.
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

"Heavenly beds" + excellent reviews on Tripadvisor made me choose the Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa for my stay in Tucson.
Located at the foothills of the Catalinas mountains , about 45 minutes from the airport, Westin la Paloma offers excellent service, gorgeous vistas ( expecially at sunset) and a relaxing atmosphere.
The rooms are located in 3 stories buildings. Our was looking over the golf, with a balcony, a gorgeous bathroom and those great Westin Beds.
The resort remembered my of the Ixtapa Club Med.
5 pools are at your disposition with some for kids, a waterslide and some for adults.
The terrace is a great place to have a drink or supper.

The service was generally excellent except at the restaurant where experience seems to be sometime lacking. I was also a bit disappointed by the food but there are plenty of alternatives around for a great meal.

Overall a wonderful hotel I highly recommend

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GMforever
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for sharing how you enjoyed our numerous features on your recent visit. I appreciate the feedback as we are continually evaluating ourselves, looking to improve our service so we may exceed our guest’s expectations. I would like to invite you back to relax by our pools and enjoy another beautiful southwest sunset. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Once again The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa delivers EXTRAordinary service!! As someone who attends a majority of charity fundraisers in Tucson - Westin La Paloma's exceptional staff delivers five-star service EVERY time. I want to specifically recognize William Arce who truly epitomizes the 'above and beyond' mantra. Upon attending my last event.....William's exquisite attention to service detail, a heartfelt greeting to all guests.....paired with an effervescent smile are just a few of MANY stellar qualities William brings to the Westin team. I truly look forward to each and every event taking place at Westin La Paloma!

Hands down ...I HIGHLY recommend The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa for ALL business, personal and special events in Tucson. They put the EXTRA in EXTRAordinary!!

Room Tip: Golf course or Mountain view rooms are beautiful and quiet
1 Thank DillardSmith
I would like to thank you for sharing why you look forward to attending events at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa. I truly appreciate the endorsement and we most certainly look forward to welcoming you back for the next EXTRAordinary event. I trust we will see you very soon. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Alma Ramirez was an associate that went out of her way to see to our needs when we held a special Foundation Luncheon at the hotel during this past week. She took the time to make sure we had everything we needed and it was much appreciated given the quick turn-around of our set-up and production. I highly recommend the Westin La Paloma for any large and/or special event. The staff are wonderful and the grounds are kept to perfection. Beautiful views of the city of Tucson and Catalina Mountains!!!

1 Thank Gloria M
Thank you for sharing your accolades of Alma along with all our associates. We have a perfect location and scenery to complement our efficient and friendly service. I hope to see you during the holidays with friends and family enjoying more festivities at out resort. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

On the school Fall break this year my daughter, Tatum, and I decided to further explore some of the reasons we live in this versatile state by taking a quick getaway to Tucson. As we landed in the middle of the thriving Sonoran Desert we found ourselves nestled at the foot of the beautiful Santa Catalinas lit by a beautiful sunset. We were further delighted with our destination soon to hold us captive by the stunning panoramic view. Our arrival included getting settled into our newly renovated room teed up on the plush championship golf course and part of the recent and now completed $35 million dollar property-wide renovation.

The evening was garnished by some tasty conversation with the Executive Chef, Russell Michel . Chef Russell brings 30 years of expertise to the table and this was exemplified by the wicked good food that was brought to us with impeccable display. Chef Russell further demonstrates his passion by using only the best available ingredients from local and reputable farms to feed the body and inspire the soul.

After a feel good, taste good meal, Tatum and I strolled the engaging scenery that whispers throughout the resort. A night of peaceful rest and rejuvenation awoke us to a wide variety of hiking options and work-outs that enabled us to enjoy the fresh air, and local scenery. Our daily menu included classes at the Westin Workout Fitness Center and a couple of games of tennis on the La Paloma Country Club’s restored courts with True Bounce resurfacing making for a cooler bounce and quicker step.

With beautiful fall days in the air we are looking to head back next month to be one of the first of many to celebrate the seasons with the icy rage at La Paloma’s Fire & Ice Skating Pavilion. The Pavilion will be open to the public daily Thanksgiving through New Year’s Day. I look forward to bringing my grandbabies with me to delight in Santa’s Workshop and to decorate cookies and stockings. We'll capture it all with a photo with Santa and top it off with hot cocoa and scrumptious s'mores.

I grew up ice skating and I am looking forward to going back to the future by skating through this Holiday Season. I plan to create some new traditions with my family via the upcoming Fire and Ice Skating Pavilion in the hands of the lovely and rejuvenating La Paloma Resort.

Room Tip: Our room was teed up on the Golf Course and gave us a view of both the city and the Catalinas.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank 938StaceyL
Jacqueline M, Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at The Westin La Paloma, we are thrilled to learn that you had such a wonderful time while here with your daughter. We look forward to your return this holiday season during our Fire & Ice Skating Pavilion. We are very excited as well!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Let me just start by saying - Right now I'm planning my wedding and if I didn't live in Illinois, I would have it here.

We are just finishing up a week of conferences here at the Westin and everyone has been amazing. We had a 1 week window to organize 3 days worth of conferences for 300+ people and they did it flawlessly. Angela was a pro at organizing the banquet events and she gave us really great logistical advice on how to set up the workstations to efficiently collect documents, distribute T-Shirts, etc. Peter and Kyle were excellent banquet managers that were very attentive to all our needs and adapted to changes as the events progressed throughout the day. Aaron and Rob helped me sort out all the rooming list issues especially as we coordinated many new incoming people. And Glenn the GM was check on us in the mornings before the events and in the evenings after the events.

Green Features: They have a green policy which allows you to get a $5 coupon in when you hang
1 Thank Jonathan G
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for sharing how we excelled in creating an amazing conference for you in such a short time. As I read the multitude of names, I’m proud to see so many of our team listed and then humbled to read my own name. Even though we may not be an option for your wedding, we are a perfect destination for the honeymoon! Congratulations on your wedding and hope to see you and your Bride in the near future. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager