I stayed for five nights as part of a business meeting that kept us busy morning to night, so there was almost no opportunity to explore the facilities. It is an interesting place... it is the largest resort or hotel I have ever stayed at, with a large number of swimming pools, tennis courts, golf club and a fitness club, all spread out over a number of buildings covering a very extended area. The fitness club was well equipped with weight room, cardio room, racquetball court, a snack bar, and very classy change rooms... and all included with the resort fee (which was also waived for our conference group -- a good thing as almost nobody had time for any of the resort amenities).
I was there in in early December, and the resort was close to deserted. And because it was off season, and because we were staying at a conference rate, the room rental was unbelievably cheap, and not that much more than a Day's Inn in Canada. During high season, the room rate would be very much higher. The room itself was large and well equipped, and I found the bed very comfortable. The "slow" free wi-fi was easily fast enough for me to download documents quickly. So in terms of value for money for the room, it was outstanding.
As others have pointed out, the food is not discounted even if the rooms are, so it is very expensive to eat in the hotel - and without a car, there are not a lot of other options: it is a long way from town. That said, I found the food to be excellent at almost every meal though the service was very slow a couple of times (though breakfasts were ready very quickly). The food that was served in conference meals was great and the service was quick and efficient.
I found the staff all very friendly and eager to help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the newest level of luxury in the Southwest at Tucson's iconic Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa. This AAA Four-Diamond resort, beautifully situated in the lush foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains, has undergone a $305 million resort-wide rejuvenation. The result is a more contemporary, personalized flare to the resort's renowned elegance that exceeds expectations and fulfills every guests needs. Each of the 487 spacious guest rooms (including 25 expansive suites) have been meticulously reappointed, with attention to the smallest details, to provide the most relaxing and convenient space to unwind. A perfect getaway for couples, families or corporate retreats, The Westin La Paloma Resort offers world-class amenities including five re-imagined resort swimming pools and the 177a€™ Sidewinder water-slide; 27 holes of Jack Nicklaus Signature golf; the full-service, restorative Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa; WestinWORKOUT Fitness Center; Kids Club; and 8 exceptional dining options. Just 25 minutes from the Tucson International Airport, The Westin La Paloma Resort is conveniently located near art galleries, shopping, and a wide variety of signature destination attractions and dining. Courtesy transportation is provided for guests via new Mercedes Sprinters to the upscale La Encantada shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin La Paloma Hotel Tucson
- Westin Tucson
- Westin La Paloma Tucson Arizona
- Tucson Westin
- Westin La Paloma Resort And Spa Tucson, Arizona