“Wonderful stay and exceptional service”

Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa
Ranked #18 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Beaumont, California
“Wonderful stay and exceptional service”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at the La Paloma Resort March 7-9th and It was the most needed and wonderful vacation I have taken to this day. To start I had a complicated check in and Jose at the front desk was more than helpful and accomidating. I booked the La Paloma suite and Jose was kinda enough to help me turn my upgrade fee into points. He also sent my fiance and I a fruit and cheese plate for our anniversary. Thank you! and he did call to check on us to see how we liked the room.
My only complaint was that our parlor was not ready when we checked in at 3:30 and we had to wait till after 6pm to finally recieve our keys.
Dining at Azul was wonderful. Thank you Lilia for your wonderful service and bringing us a delicious meal. For breakfast we had the buffet and when we were finished we were jealous that we didn't wait for brunch. Malgda was our breakfast server and she was very sweet and smiled when we asked about her passion. You can tell starwood takes special care when hiring their associates.
All the bellman were wonderful I wish I could remeber their names to give them a proper review. But they were very knowledgable about the area and recommended Blanco a resaurant down the street that was fun and had amazing food.
Thank you once again for the wonderful experiance.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the golf course
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
I'm delighted to read so many names from our resort that created a memorable stay for you in such a short time. Thank you for sharing and I hope to see you and your fiancé return for a week of relaxation. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (797)
London, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I am leaving this resort in two days and cannot express how sad I am that we did not have the opportunity to stay at this beautiful resort a few more days. Loved the service, the rooms, the pools, the food and the workout center. My family (consisting of 2 young adults and 2 middle-aged adults) is a very fitness oriented family, and the Westin Workout center was great for all our needs. Tons of options for classes, cardio machines and weight machines, along with a beautiful 6-lane, 25 yd lap pool. We attended multiple fitness classes throughout our time here, and enjoyed them immensely, notably the Body Blast class with Nancy Manning. It was an awesome workout, tons of fun, and her training was superb. For any other fitness oriented families - this resort and Westin Workout are a must! I also definitely recommend following up with a breakfast or lunch at the Courtside Deli, right outside the fitness center - supreme service, incredible food, and healthy too! To any lucky enough to stay at the Westin La Paloma - have an amazing trip, take advantage of the fitness center, and appreciate how fortunate you are to get to spend some time in this incredible environment.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hailey O
Thank you for sharing your family’s dynamic, although brief, stay at La Paloma. I certainly wish you could have stayed longer, so I am certain you will be back for another family fitness getaway. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Tucson
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

A beautiful resort. We were offered an option of view or to be closer to conference rooms. We chose the view. We were assigned to a ground floor room and our patio looked out into underbrush, that allowed a limited view of a main road and traffic. To the right of our patio was some sort of animal trap. The rooms were nice enough, but Housekeeping was a very mixed bag. The ice bucket and dirty glasses were left unattended one day. Facial tissues were left empty, and soap wasn't replenished the same day. The kicker though was my first shower. The wand was pointed toward the opening so when it was turned on it drenched me, the toilet and that corner of the bathroom. Disappointing to say the least.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for having been our guest at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa. Many of our upgraded guest rooms feature outstanding views, while our Traditional rooms have views which are limited by the ground level location although still featuring a desert garden experience. Your feedback about the inconsistency and inattention to your housekeeping provides an important coaching tool for our team to understand the importance and impact on our guests of making sure that every standard is met during service. I sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you back to the resort very soon for a more relaxing and restful stay. Stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I've only been here one night so far, but I have nothing but great things to say about this place! The rooms are recently remodeled and very clean. The pool is beautiful and the service is amazing! I'm pretty low-maintenance, but everyone I've encountered here has been great! Marco at the front desk is the best! People complain about walking, but really, it's good for you and the staff is ready to drive you in the cart if you're lazy and don't want to walk. It's beautiful here! And the stars in the sky... don't get me started!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Leon_Black
Glenn_Sampert, General Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Please Don’t stop! Keep enjoying and stay well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I am just back from a business trip and I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. My trip started badly with the loss of a tooth on a Saturday but the reception staff (especially Jose) were tremendous. They got me sorted with a dentist and made sure I got there and back. The rooms were clean and comfortable and immaculately serviced. The pool area is great for a break and having a lap pool separate from the other pools is great for those of us who want to swim for exercise. The service in the bar/lounge was excellent as was the food. Breakfast was a buffet or al a carte with a good choice. Dinner had a more limited choice but he food was excellent. The hotel runs a shuttle to a nearby shopping area with a very good selection of restaurants. I was there on business but I would go back for a holiday, great hotel and staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SDJ-G12
Just think how wonderful your stay will be without a trip to the Dentist! Leave work at the office and come back to stay and play. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Although the rooms and grounds are very nice, the maid service was not on par with the caliber of the resort. Our room was serviced the first day and the maid took our wash cloths but did not replace them, gave us new coffee but no new cups and left obviously empty soda cans on the bar area. My alarm also went off an hour early due to an incorrect daylight savings time setting. This is more than a slight inconvenience when the alarm is set for 5:30 am and it wakes you at 4:30.

• Stayed March 2014
Ops_Mgr85, Manager at Westin La Paloma Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for having been our guest at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa. I understand the importance of cleanliness and attention to detail in your guest room for the enjoyment of your stay. The Housekeeping Team does regular inspections combined with coaching to ensure our standards are met. All of the items you mention should be attended to on a daily basis. Please try our resort again for your next trip or staycation. I am confident you will have a more typically flawless stay, as experienced by so many of our loyal guests.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Just wanted to say we enjoyed our stay--and the Reception Associate Jose Ceballos was delightful and extremely helpful in answering all our questions on services and local restaurants. Thank you Jose!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jose and I thank you for the compliments. Be well, Glenn Sampert, General Manager