“Perfect.”

Hyatt Place Tucson Airport
Ranked #44 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Friendly staff for our return visit. I had asked for a ground floor room with King bed and we got it -much appreciated. Lets hope we get it next time when we have a small group. Staff coped very well with crowds as the Tucson Gem Show was on. Over the last decade we have tried 5 or 6 of the Tucson Airport Hotels and Hyatt Place is the best. However always check the daily cost as our room price was thankfully lowered. $150 per night while the Gem Show is on is acceptable but competition is all around with the Holiday Inn Express having a much better breakfast. You can get a cooked breakfast at Hyatt for a fee.
Although close to the airport our room was quiet and there is lots of free parking.
We hope to return next February.

Room Tip: Request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Tucson Airport

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Hyatt needs to direct some attention and help at this location. Staff was awesome and doing their absolute best under trying conditions. First, we had NO hot water to shower. This isn't an exaggeration...my husband let the water run to warm up to no avail, finally had to jump in for a totally cold shower...not any sort of warmth. This was at 6pm so not a super-busy shower time. I couldn't get it warm either so had to skip showering. Complained to the front desk only to be told it's a problem especially when they're busy hot water doesn't get to the 5th floor (location of our room).
The next morning at breakfast the oven wasn't heating so the hot breakfasts were a no-go. Yes cereal and fruit was there and staff did their best turning down guest after guest asking for menu items.
I'm a Hyatt Gold member, choosing their properties whenever possible but truly they either need to help this property or take their name off the building.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We wanted to try a different hotel this visit to Tucson and went with Hyatt Place. The service, and room were amazing! Our room was set up a nice studio apartment! We loved all of it a lot! The only downside was the location. It was farther from downtown but right next to the airport. We will def. stay here again for our next trip.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Last April I stayed at the Hyatt after having had a room booked at a nearby Hotel which turned out to be a disaster. Immediately cancelling said reservation, I called the Hyatt. Stranded, with a lot of luggage and several bike boxes, I asked them if they could pick us up at the disaster Hotel, and THEY DID!! I was thrilled.

We stayed three nights at the Hyatt and the staff were wonderful. We had a room on the first floor (thanks to our overwhelming amount of luggage) which appeared to be newly renovated and very clean. It had a kitchenette unit and a seating area, king size bed and a huge bathroom.

The staff were also great at suggesting places to eat in the area, and offered use of their shuttle service to drop us off and pick us back up at these Restaurants. They insisted it was fine, but I started to feel bad about using the shuttle! I even managed to make use of the gym, which is the usual hotel gym, nothing fancy. It was also clean and I have no complaints.

I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2012

The Hyatt Place Tucson Airport was ok - good, but not more than that - good.

The room needs a spruce - the carpet was stained, the shower has a bit of mold starting on the ceiling, the walls had some scuffs. The closet was super small and really hard to use and really no useful drawers to unpack socks and underwear. The bathroom fan/light was crazy loud, better to be in the dark than hear that fan. The room was hot, windows did not open, and the A/C needed a repair or replaced - took forever to cool the room and then it would click on every 15 - 20 minutes or so - doesn't make for a peaceful sleep. However, the bed was super comfortable, large flat screen, couch, desk, small semi-cold refrigerator.

Service was excellent, the front desk and one guy in particular seemed ready and willing to help. I am sorry I didn't get his name - part of the morning crew, big guy, buzz cut - super friendly and attentive without hovering - that guy worked like mad and should get a raise.

Breakfast was fine - coffee, tea, juice, milk. Cold cereal, toast, packaged oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, fruit. Hot food was available for fee.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank khmetalworkdotcom
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We were on our way into Tucson with no reservations. I called this Hyatt, and immediately got a knowledgable friendly voice. he booked the room for us, and about 50 miles later we arrived. The hotel was not busy. We were given great dining advice from the staff. I also had a chance to see their interaction with another few stompers and It was all top shelf. I am a lifetime Diamond member, and have never written a review or thank you because frankly most hyattsdont match up to the service I would want. This Hyatt brand, and this particular Hyatt. Exceeded my expectations. Clean, reasonably priced and a very knowledgable, and friendly staff. Almost like staying with family.

Room Tip: Quite area all rooms are acceptable
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple