“Very nice”

Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Willcox, Arizona
“Very nice”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We needed a place to stay a few nights after I was released from the hospital from surgery. This place was great. The accommodations were very clean and nice as were the people. One staff member we would like to give a shout out to was Jaimie (Himey). He was always friendly and accommodating. We were there three nights. I just wish they had dvd players and microwaves in the room though there was a microwave available in the dining area. We are looking forward to staying there when I am well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Rooms were clean with plenty of space. Breakfasts were good, even if a bit busy. Pool looked nice. Noise from the airport was never a problem, in fact never heard the planes. Rates were good. Hotel was easy to find.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Belle Fourche
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed while travelling from Houston to California. When I arrived late at night, the front desk person ignored me for five minutes. I wasn't sure he was an employee as he was not dressed in the usual manner of the Hyatt. When I went to the room, the carpet and couch were stained and dirty and I didn't want to take my shoes off. The bed was clean and I slept well. Breakfast was okay. This place just needs a bit of tlc! The sink drain was broken.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Stacey R
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I do not stay at "Hyatts" or its affiliates hardly ever, but I've heard that they are on the nicer end, and I'd assume so at $180/night.

Due to the Gem show spectacular, this was the only hotel around the area that wasn't sold out. I met a man on the elevator that frequents these Hyatt Places, and was informed that this is NOT the way these normally look or are run. I was relieved in a way, because I thought otherwise people be crazy to pay that much for a normal night.

1) For this whole week I've been here, service has never once been on point. If I wasn't waiting on something, I ALWAYS saw someone else waiting for napkins (I went under the counter to grab napkins 3 times this week), to be checked in/out, to be served at the bar, to get ketchup for their breakfast items, etc. no matter if there were 3 people or 20...... I would expect a place like this to be more attentive to customer needs/wants.

2) Everyday except one I believe my room wasn't as clean as I think it should have been. One day I didn't even get shampoo/conditioner. When I called down, I was asked by a girl receptionist to come and get it or wait 5 minutes. I then waited for 35 minutes, called down again, and finally had a gentlemen bring some up for me. Also, be warned they do not clean out the sinks/toilets/showers everyday. I'm not a messy person, but I would still like a good wipe down and to throw all the trash away.

Those are really the two major things I have to complain about this hotel, and most of that I could care less if it wasn't so expensive to stay here and it didn't come with such a high reputation. I was greatly disappointed.

On another note: THERE IS NO ROOM TO STORE CLOTHES. For someone to tends to stay at places awhile, I have a few clothes. There's a small closet, and 3 half drawers to store your belongings. Also, the door to the restrooms are so tight that you have to scrunch into a corner, and then close the door. I really don't get it. Who designs these?

The size of the room is plenty big for a more customer-friendly room. Also, my fridge didn't work very well, no rooms have microwaves, and the staff seemed to have an overall "I wish I was somewhere else" attitude.

Good things: The beds are comfy, my wake-up call came every morning, food tasted decent (not always warm for breakfast, but good) and the flatbreads were delicious, everything worked for the most part, the managers seemed to care, but just didn't seem to have the staff to back it up.

I hope this helps this particular Hyatt Place to work towards some improvements to match the reputation other Hyatt Places and its affiliates tend to hold.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank businesswoman2014
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The rooms were huge, comfortable and clean, the staff was friendly and accommodating especially Jamie! he has great customer service skills . They had breakfast in the mornings that was really great and plentiful. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Pros: convenient to the airport and nice staff. Upon reading my cons section you'll, see what I mean but I as a problem with a room upon arrival and the staff was very responsive in correcting the situation. The breakfast was also fresh and decent variety understanding this is the typical small hotel buffet.

Cons: cleaning staff needs to put more focus on the rooms. The first room I got was dirty and I actually switched. In 20 yrs of staying in hotels for work, it's the first time I had to do that.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Austin, TX
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I felt very comfortable here. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean and nicely maintained. The area is a bit rough - like most of south Tucson - but not scary. This is not a destination hotel, after all. It was like a refuge on our travels - good place to recharge. Great value - price was excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple