Hyatt Place Tucson Airport
US$276
US$256
US$325
US$317
All reviewstucson airportseparate seating areawet barwould stay here againan early flightfree breakfastrental carking bednice roomfresh fruitshuttle serviceone night stayrooms are largemini fridgefront desk staffbeds were comfortablehot breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I stayed in a Hyatt Place in Carlsbad, CA and will go back there in a heartbeat. This hyatt was different. Not necessarily bad, but not as good either. The room was much smaller, with the bathroom being really small. I liked that there was a refrigerator in the room, but with the sofa bed open, there was barely any room left.

The breakfast was good, except there were too many people and not enough seating. The hot dishes that were offered ran out immediately and it took a long time before they got refilled. They ran out of glasses for the juice and silverware.

The location is fine, but I guess that depends on where you want to go. There's not much in the way of sit down restaurants nearby. Mostly we saw fast food. I never felt unsafe in the area.

We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but it looked clean. It was quiet and I never heard my neighbors above or below me. One thing I really didn't like was that there were only 3 towels and there were 4 of us in the room. Also, we couldn't find the blanket for the sofa bed and it took some time for the staff to locate one.

I would probably stay again if necessary, but I would have liked more room.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Went with my family for a quick weekend get away during the kids spring break. I chose this because of the very good rate ($71.00/nt.) and because we have stayed at other Hyatt Place hotels and we like the fact that the rooms are spacious enough for 4. The hotel is definitely somewhat of a drive from many destinations and there is not much (in terms of restaurants, shopping, etc.) within walking distance. A car was a definite must because anything we wanted to see/do was about 15 miles away. The check in experience was excellent; quick and courteous. The front desk folks let us know there was a large group that night into the next day so we knew how to time comng down for breakfast.

The room was as expected, two double beds and the L shaped comfort corner/sofa. For four of us, there was more than enough sleeping space. The only things I consider not super positive are 1) the toilet and bath/shower are in a small claustrophobic space (but active venting fan was good)...it does give you a nice large vanity area in the main bed area, though a touch more space in the toilet area would be good 2) I wanted to try the media console with our portable DVD player wired to the 42" screen TV, but it seems the console did not work. The room was very clean, towels were more plush than you would expect, and very comfortable.

Breakfast was very good IMO, the muffin sandwiches our first mornig were complemented by pancakes....even with the large group, the food kept coming and was hot and fresh. The service in the area was excellent...the food service manager even took our plates when we were done. The next day similar breakfast, but different takes on the muffin sandwich ( I like the Canadian bacon, basil, tomato, cheese) and served with waffles. Also had biscuits and gravy. Great food starts to our days.

We couldn't use the pool much (too windy and cold outside) though my kids used it on the morning we were leaving and enjoyed it. All the debris blown in from the previous day had been cleaned out. There is not a hot tub and towels are provided.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

The room was very nice and laid out well. Though hallway doors could have a closure to ensure quiet closes and less slams. Staff very friendly. Location near enough to airport that we could walk there.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay here. Found the staff to be one of the friendliest staffs we've encountered. They were very warm and accommodating to the guests. Good price and quality. Will stay here again next time we're back

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We needed a place to stay a few nights after I was released from the hospital from surgery. This place was great. The accommodations were very clean and nice as were the people. One staff member we would like to give a shout out to was Jaimie (Himey). He was always friendly and accommodating. We were there three nights. I just wish they had dvd players and microwaves in the room though there was a microwave available in the dining area. We are looking forward to staying there when I am well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple