“Excellent Place and Excellent Value”

Residence Inn Tucson Airport
Ranked #42 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Absolutely enjoyed this place. Although we only stayed for one night, it was so nice and comfortable that we felt completely refreshed and ready for another day of our road trip.
The room was a very spacious studio which was very clean and well equipped. The bed was comfortable. The hotel provided a free buffet breakfast in their lobby. The breakfast was fully loaded and there were many options for even the pickiest guest. Would definitely stay here again. The staff was personal and friendly too.

Room Tip: Choose this hotel if you are staying near the airport. It's conveniently located off interstate...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark S
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Hello Mark and thank you for your great review and comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was so pleased to read that you saw great value in our hotel and staff. I will be sure to share your comments with my enitre team. Thank you again Mark for sharing your experience with us and have a great 2014.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

We stayed her our last night in Tucson before flying out early the next morning. We wanted a place close to the airport. It is close but also off the path of traffic a block or two so was quiet and away from the road noise. Was greeted cheerfully by the front desk at check in and every time we came by. They had nightly reception that night with soup, salad, crackers, cheese, fresh fruits and beverages, (no alcoholic). Pool area was nice. Rooms were spacious with full kitchenettes in room. Beds were clean and comfortable. Was only a short drive to airport and easy to get to. We unfortunately didn't get to see what they offered for breakfast as our flight left before breakfast was available. But I'm sure that was good too. One thing my husband and son liked was cookies at the front desk and cold ice tea.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sissybabe
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hello and thank you so much for the great review and very kind comments. I will pass along all your great comments to my entire team. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us. I know you missed it but we do have a great breakfast as well. Have a great holiday season from all of us here at Residence Inn By Marriott.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I purchased a room thinking I was having surgery but it was changed so I was told I could not get a refund but the manager may be able to help me. Help me he did!!! He was awesome - he allowed me to keep moving my reservation out until my Dr actually had the surgery done. The room was awesome and everything was clean - the staff were all very kind and fast to help. I really appreciated all they did for me after my surgery.

It was an awesome experience and the hotel is behind other hotels so it was very peaceful - it had beautiful grounds and the morning breakfast was very tasty. If you ever in Tucson - it's the place to stay. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marianne A
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you so much for the great review and very kind comments regarding the staff and service. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We make it a point to do whatever we can to make sure that every guest has a great stay. I will personally share your comments with my entire team and we hope to see you again next time you are in Tucson. Have a great Holiday Season!!!

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Very low visibility in the huge parking lot. We parked out front. Good rate, hotel extra clean. Obvious professionals, used a door jack and went thru everything. One guest said she moved from nearby Marriott Town Suites, due to a rash of car break ins. I reported to the hotel clerk, unfortunately the first thing put of her mouth was "We are not responsible". Okay, well thanks for that, I thought. I will just inform all your guests. BEWARE

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank acchi
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Hello and thank you for your reveiw and comments. We wish to apologize that your car was broken into during your recent stay with us. It is unfortunate that this incident took place at our hotel. Several hotels have reported car break in's. We are working closely with our local police department and other hotels in the area to resolve the issue. I do appreciate the comments on how clean and the great rate you received. If you have a moment, please reach out to me personally at 520-294-5522 or email me @ christopher.calvin@marriott.com. Again, my sincere apologies and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I have neen in Tucson a lot lately for work. My previous go to hotel was the Doubletree Suites right down the road. I ended up here when that hotel was full and am glad I did. The Residence Inn is much newer. It has a MUCH better work out facility. The staff is friendly and competent. I am staying here again next week even though the Doubletree is available.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rob B
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Hello Rob and thank you very much for the review and your very kind comments. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our fitness canter and had great service from our staff. We will continue to work hard to earn your business. Thank you again for making us your choice in Lodging. See you next week!!!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I selected this hotel because of its location. I figured that after a 2-days drive from Dallas and a jet-leg still to absorb, this could be the quietest place we could find. Wrong!
At 5 o'clock on a saturday morning a classical music concert was aired in the room and in the corridor. It was so loud that at first I thougth it was coming from my own radio alarm clock. Then I realized that it came from the adjacent room. I got out of bed and knocked at this door, but no response: it was empty. It happened that some sawdust brained customer had left the alarm clock set at full volume the day(s) before.
I reported the nuisance at the reception but I received only mild apologies and a promise to be contacted by the hotel manager, that never materialized.
I believe that what you buy from an hotel is SLEEP and if you don't get it you should be entitled to a refund. Hotel management is liable for the quality of the service they offer. Housekeeping should routinely check alarm clocks and deactivate them daily. Noise is a form of pollution, therefore a polluted room is an unclean room, even though sheets and bathroom are clean.

Tucson is a very nice town and this is my 6th visit. I will look for a different place next time, not because of the accident, but becayse of carelessness by hotel management

Room Tip: Avoid the risk of unattended rooms on weeknds
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank timeflyer
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Hello Timeflyer and thank you for your review and comments. On behalf of my entire team and I we would like to apologize that your recent stay with us was not up to par. I do appreciate that you thought the hotel was clean but could not rest due to the alarm clock in the adjacent room. If you have a moment, please reach out to me personally at christopher.calvin@marriott.com or call me directly at 520-294-5522 so I can personally assist you and we can talk further about your stay with us. We do hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you again when your travels take you to Tucson. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I would first like to say that this location is in an odd section for the town of Tucson unless you are coming or going from the airport. It is in a industrial/commerical area of town; there are not very many dining choices near by, and it will appear that everything is far away. The Tucson area is very spread out and therefore everything takes a long time to get to, so I dont blame the hotel. The room is very nice and large, we were on the 3rd floor so therefore it was quite, and facing the back of the hotel. I found the breakfast to be good with the standard fare (nothing to write home about) but it was fresh and plentiful, with a few hot food items with REAL eggs. The staff was friendly and was very accommodating to guests needs, and appreciative for their business. The bed was a little to hard for my taste, but nothing that would stop me from coming back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd Floor Room facing the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank heumanntouch
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you so much for your review and great comments regarding our hotel. I will share your comments with my entire team. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we welcome you back anytime. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Tucson.