“Quick trip”

Residence Inn Tucson Airport
Ranked #45 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had a quick trip into Tucson at the end of March. We arrived around 10:00 AM on a Saturday morning and were able to check in early to our room. In addition we was able to get a room with a patio. It was so nice to come down the warm weather and be able to sit outside and enjoy the evening. The breakfast each day was very good. The staff was very helpful for all aspects of our trip. We will be in the Tucson area again over the next couple of months and I already plan on returning to this hotel. Price is right, location perfect for us and having the outdoor space is awesome.

Room Tip: If you like to sit out there are large studio suites that have outside patios.
1  Thank STANLEE W
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Hello and Thank you for the great review and comments. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the patio room to enjoy the warm sunshine. We are having some great weather this spring. We look forward to your return later this year. If we can do anything for you before then, please let us know. See you soon!!!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Exceptional service, food, atmosphere, employees, careful service, clean! Have been here going on 30 days; eat well, jacuzzi, indoor work out room, lovely lovely grounds, sterling clean rooms and amenities are over the top! I would HIGHLY recommend this wonderful property to anyone in need of "being spoiled" or over the top treatment for JUST THE RIGHT PRICE. Delightful, caring manager sees to all guests needs and front office staff is available 24/7/365 for business needs i.e., FAX, scan, email, UPS, FEDEX, cookies and more cookies! Stay here, you'll feel right at home....it's a residence, after all!

Room Tip: choose a garden room -- one with its own balcony or patio....garden/pool side is also exemplary
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Hello Bonnie T. and thank you for your fantastic review and comments. I will be sure to share all your comments with my entire team during our morning huddle. I was so happy to read all the positives comments and I am so happy my team provided you with great care during your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again next time you are in Tucson

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn Airport to catch our early flight home from Tucson.

We found the hotel appealing and clean, and staff overall friendly and helpful.

I had requested the 3rd floor when I booked and we were put on the 2nd floor. Not an issue but being a many year Marriott rewards holder I would have expected more.

We wanted to drop off the car the night before our stay to make it easier in the AM, and we had heard about vehicle break ins on line. We did confirm with the manager on duty that break ins can happen as the hotel is on the south side of Tucson. However the area overall seemed safe.

The strange thing is that the hotel did not have a shuttle driver that evening so we had to use the Hilton bus which is affiliated. That went fine. We were also told that their Marriott shuttle runs 24 hours a day and to call down 10 minutes before we wanted to leave the next morning so they can make sure they are ready.

Well at 4:20AM I call the front desk and no answer. I called back a few minutes later and no answer. I decide to go down stars to the front desk, and NO one was around. I walk the general lobby area and no one was around. Now I'm panicking as we had a 6:00AM flight. Thank goodness they had some Hilton cards on their counter so I called them and they came over immediately.

At a minimum I would have expected a note on the front counter where they were.

I would have rated at least 4 stars but with the couple of observations find it difficult to do, plus we left to early to see how the breakfast was.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Hello RayV555 and thank you very much for your review of our hotel and comments. I would like to personally thank you for some great comments and overall I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. On a side note, we do share Airport runs with our sister hotel. They do help us out with our Airport shuttle to make sure that all our guests get to and from the airport. I do apologize that my Night auditor was not at the desk during your early morning checkout. He was delivering our express checkouts to our guests. I will make sure he does leave a note at the front desk when he is away. Thank you again for all your comments and I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed here for a week at the end of March. As we arrived late, I was scared we'd get given an access room - which has happened to us more than once before at other hotels (I don't like being given access rooms as there is no counter space in the bathroom). I needn't have worried, a perfectly nice room on the second floor had been saved for us.

The rooms are spacey, spotlessly clean, nicely appointed (relaxing earthy and neutral colours) and very comfortable. Other reviewers have mentioned the beds being uncomfortable - I found them VERY comfortable - not too hard, not too soft. Other reviewers also mentioned noise problems. We were there for a week, and we had none, even though it was pretty busy.

There is a FULL kitchen in the rooms (as least there was in ours, room 243). Expedia didn't make this clear. I thought there was just going to be a stovetop, so it was a nice surprise to see a full oven.

The pool area is clean and pleasant, and the pool is heated to just the right temperature.

There is always free tea/coffee/iced tea in the lobby, which is a nice touch, and the staff are very pleasant and helpful. I was shocked, when asking for info about Saguaro National Park, that the staff member said she'd never been there!! BUT, she was very helpful and prepared to look up whatever info I wanted on the internet.

CONS: Only one really. One day we came back late from a very long hike, and our room hadn't received housekeeping, even though we'd left early and made sure to take the 'do not disturb.' sign off the door. I called down to reception and all the steff member could do was bring me up new towels, as she was the only member off staff on. This was a pain in the neck. We also had to change our bed sheet, as the housekeeper the day before had put on a fitted sheet that was too small, so it kept coming off (I think she'd accidentally used one that was meant for the sofa bed).

The only other thing that could be a con is that it really IS miles from town, and the hiking areas. If you are aware of this before you go, and you have a car, it's fine.

I would love to stay at this hotel again. If you want a great hotel, but only want to pay half the price you'd pay in town - stay here!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you for the wonderful review and for your great comments. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with my entire team during our morning huddle. I do apologize about the housekeeping issue. I will speak directly with our Executive Housekeeper to make sure we double check all guest rooms that may have had their “DND” sign on the door. Thank you again and we hope to see you again next time you are in Tucson.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Arrived after an evening flight. Check in was fast and they were very kind. Room was clean and had everything one would need . The hotel was quiet, even though it was one mile from the airport. Breakfast is included with your stay. It was fine, nothing special but again, they were more than helpful. I did sit at the pool and hot tub for a bit. It was nice and warm and the area was spotless! I would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dbandel
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Hello and thank you for the very kind review and comments. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with my entire team. They will enjoy knowing your thoughts on our service and how you enjoyed our ppol and how clean the hotel was. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The Residence Inn is close to the Tucson Airport, yet very quiet. It is located off the street and very private. We had a suite that was like a studio apartment with a big kitchen, couch and chair and king bed. Very nice and it was clean too. We also had a nice patio with table and chair. The included breakfasts were above average with a different hot dish selection every day. They had wonderful fruit, iced tea and warm cookies all day (why don't more hotels figure out that cookies are a wonderful perk!). The staff was very nice and helpful. The only problem we had is that they are "dog friendly" and I think there were more dogs being sneaked into rooms than they were aware of. During our 6 night stay we had 2 yappy dogs in the next room the whole time and counted 9 dogs being walked the next morning. There were some very noisy dogs all morning until the manager was finally able to get in touch with the owners. I know they are trying to be fair to everyone (and they did give us a $60 refund on our last night) but maybe they should ban dogs.
Our room was a good value. Not many places to eat in drink out by the airport though.

Room Tip: Find out where the dogs are!
1  Thank coloradocowgirl2016
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Hello mooch99 and thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and for some great comments. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and pointed out some of the great things about our hotel. The cookies are a great treat in the afternoon!! Again, my apologies form the noise from the dogs. We are pet friendly and we do try very hard to keep track but there are a few that get past us.We will continue to work hard to earn your business and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Tucson.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn by the Tucson Airport. My stay was absolutely wonderful. The staff was very attentive to all of my needs and very friendly. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. While there, I was able to enjoy the beautiful weather by the pool, as well as the breakfast that they offered. The social hour that they had was the highlight of my stay. I would highly recommend this hotel if you plan on traveling to the Tucson area. Thanks again for the great stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LJoleenS
Christopher C, General Manager at Residence Inn Tucson Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you so much for the great review and fantastic comments. I was so pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. We will continue to work hard to earn your business and look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in Tucson.