“I do not like this restaurant”
Review of Pollo Feliz

Pollo Feliz
Ranked #612 of 2,049 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The chicken is good but the side dishes are awful. I will not eat here again.

1  Thank david760

Reviewed 19 November 2011

We visited Pollo Feliz based upon generally good reviews. I am sorry to say that I was somewhat underwhelmed by the experience.

First off, this is not a sit-down restaurant with waiters or waitresses, instead you order at the counter, pay and get a receipt with a number which they call when your food order is ready, not at all unlike a McDonald’s experience.

I was looking forward to the chicken dinner that others had raved about. I ordered the two-piece chicken meal. After a few minutes, they called on the intercom that order #8 was ready. I had a # 12 clearly printed on my receipt so I waited and again the lady called out that order # 8 was ready. I noticed that everyone else had their food already so I went up and sure enough it was my order.

My order consisted of two pieces of chicken as I had ordered. Along with the chicken was a section in my plastic plate that had a dry rice mixture of some kind. The chicken was burned on the outside and dry on the inside and was really hard to digest. They also brought corn tortillas and I finally made kind of a wrap using lots of salsa, some of the dried rice mixture and slivers or chicken that I had cut with my plastic knife. This was barely palatable but I did get it down.

My wife ordered a chicken tortilla soup and she said it was very good. My food was terrible.

The facility appeared clean enough but was really poorly decorated. The young lady that took my order at the counter was friendly enough even though she got my order number wrong. We certainly would not return or recommend this place as a good place to eat.

Reviewed 12 August 2011

I so love this place, I cant possibly go to Tucson without making a stop for this very flavorful, juicy succulent chicken - crispy skin and all. I should also mention that I enjoy their tortillas and salsa bar.
My only complaint, wish that we had a location in the Phoenix area :o( !

Reviewed 12 January 2010

Pollo Feliz was so great, my daughter and I wish we had one in the city where we live. We statyed at a nearby hotel and went here for a quick dinner. EVERYTHING was fabulous. We are still thinking about how wonderful the Chicken Tortilla soup was.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 12 October 2008

2 pc chicken, garden salad, macaroni salad. $4.59. hate the plastic utensils. food was a little sloppy. 1.5 stars

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Pollo Feliz? Share your experiences!