“Highly recommended. My stay here was absolutely perfect in every way.”

Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport
Ranked #19 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
New York City, New York
“Highly recommended. My stay here was absolutely perfect in every way.”
Reviewed 1 October 2009

My husband and I took a little two day trip down to Tucson following a wedding in Scottsdale.

I am so happy that I found this beautiful new Hilton Garden Inn. Everything was perfect. I highly recommend this property if you are travelling to Tucson.

It is very nicely appointed, and quite comfortable. The furnishings are quite attractive, and the bathroom very spacious, with a very large granite vanity sink and shower. I really liked the super sized granite shower instead of the usual shower/tub combination. The amenities were first class and real glasses and ceramic cups were provided. Everything you could possibly require was provided.

The cooked to order breakfast at the restaurant was excellent and reasonably priced. They also served lunch and dinner, and had a full bar.

The outdoor pool was exceptionally nice and they served food and drinks poolside on the weekend. This was above my expectations for an airport hotel.

I also liked that I could walk to the adjacent Circle K to pick up beverages to enjoy after the bar closed.

The staff was exceptionally nice and friendly. In particular, the front desk clerk on duty over the July 4th weekend was incredibly nice and friendly. She works 16 hour shifts, and obviously loves her job. I wish I knew her name, as I would have liked to commend her to management.

The only negative I have to report is the housekeeping staff who solicit filling out outstanding service cards on their behalf. This sort of behavior should be discouraged.

If travelling to Tucson, I highly recommend The Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Maryland
Reviewed 30 September 2009

I stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn for fours day in mid-September 2009. The entire hotel was clean, nicely appointed, and offered good service. Although the Grill/restaurant service was lacking, the bar service (food and drink) was excellent. Overall, a very good stay at another quality Hilton property...

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 August 2009

Love this clean and shiny new Hilton Garden Inn. April 2009 was my 2nd stay - first was shortly after they opened, last May. Responsive and pleasant desk staff, easy to get a shuttle to/from the airport. Pool (with a lazy river feature) and gym are great, the little restaurant and bar aim to please, and the rooms are comfy. The proximity to a federal conference facility for my business is perfect - a 5-minute walk out the back door. Found a great sushi place another 5 minutes walk by the main road. Only drawback is that surroundings aren't terribly walkable, especially after dark (no lights!). Excellent business travel option though you might want to make sure someone has a rental car to get you into town for dinner or shopping.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Our family of 4 stayed in 2 rooms overnight. While the hotel staff, location, physical layout, room decor, internet etc were all absolutely fine, I'm giving them only 3 stars because the AC unit was so loud. This was true in both rooms - and this was a complaint of my young adult children, who normally sleep through stampeding herds of elephants with no problems. It was not possible to sleep without AC because the only bed covering was a comforter and we couldn't find any thin blankets to replace the comforter. So, to avoid being too hot, we had to use the AC, and every time the compressor turned on it made such a racket that we woke up. If you can't get a comfortable night's sleep when on the road, what use is internet, free fruit and water, or a business center with free printing? Actually, we had stayed at the HGI in El Paso the night before, and while the AC was sort of loud there, it was nowhere as annoying as at the one in Tucson. Also, I thought the breakfast was kind of expensive at $14.95 per person.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Catherine C
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2009

The Hilton is only a couple of years old and some rooms look as if they've never even been used. We stayed there twice - once on our way out to NM and once on way back to NY. We're very glad we did!Very clean, helpful and fully manned staff, surprisingly VERY good food through room service (restaurant on premises - American Grill) - I highly recommend dining in. One of the amenities that they don't boast is a guest laundry room. This is like any laundromat (pay as you wash), but is conveniently located on the first floor of the hotel. It's a very clean, well maintained room that has several washers, dryers and a table for folding clothes. This works wonders when you're traveling with children. Rooms are modern with flat screen TVs, plush, memory foam type beds - we stayed in a room with 2 queen beds. The only complaint? The hotel is not located in an area that is prime for visitors. In other words, there isn't anything for you to see here. It is merely a place to stay - plan to travel a way to reach tourist attractions or even large shopping areas. Oh, and the walls are paper thin... Other than these issues, I would say that it is overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Samson1Nj
Maryland
Reviewed 2 April 2009

For those of you that know the Hotel Congress, you will understand when I describe how haggard I felt after a night's insomnia above their nightclub....the only benefit of being awake at 2am was that I had plenty of time to search for another hotel. I only had 2 nights and one full sight-seeing day in Tucson and could have wasted precious hours moving hotels, but the Hilton agreed to let me have a very early check-in. I was checked out of Hotel Congress, and happily ensconced in my new room at the Hilton by 6.30am, in time for breakfast and a dip in the pool before a full day of sightseeing.
I also was able to launder a full 5 days worth of dirty camping / mountain biking clothes using the on-site guest laundry....lounging in the hot tub between wash cycles.
The hotel staff were wonderful, caring, and completely validated my already good opinion of Hilton hotels. The room was spacious, clean, well designed, and QUIET! There was a free business center for me to check email & check-in online.
Thank you so much for salvaging what could have been a terrible weekend!
This would be a great base for cyclists.....next time I visit Tucson for a spring cycling vacation I will definitely stay here....the short 10 minute drive to downtown is a price well worth paying for a great room, great service and amenities, and a peaceful nights sleep.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank MarylandHatter
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed 3 March 2009

Great hotel. Thanks Ruben for making the checkin so great. New hotel with nice restaurant and wonderful breakfast for the money. This is a new property and it shows. Our room was wonderful. The adjustable bed and linens nice and everything was very clean and showed care. We had not stayed at a Garden Inn but if they are like this we will add them to our list of prefered hotels

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple