“Nice diner on the southeast side”
Review of Happy Rooster Cafe

Happy Rooster Cafe
Ranked #761 of 2,014 Restaurants in Tucson
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Happy Rooster does a nice job of creating the feeling of Americana with it's unique decor. You're definitely not in a chain restaurant. The service is prompt and friendly and the portions generous without being ridiculous. All of the food I have had there has been served quickly and has been tasty and hot. If you want a nice family friendly diner and aren't interested in Denny's or IHOP then this is the place for you. Often it's packed, and that's the best sign ever of a good place that the locals like.

1  Thank Steve W
There are newer reviews for Happy Rooster Cafe

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying the service here is outstanding! All the workers were smiling and quick. If I return here it will be for that reason.
My 4 year old son and I arrived at about 0830 on a Saturday morning. They were already packed at this point. We were seated very quickly by our waitress. The restaurant is decorated with rooster paintings and makes it feel fun. The waitress brought my son coloring materials which he loved. The menu items were very inexpensive. My son had the kids french toast with sausage, for 2.99. I ordered an omelet with ham and green chilies for 6.99, it came with hash browns and toast. I was very surprised when the one thing not that exceptional about this place was the food itself. The omelet was not cooked all that well and rolled way too many times. The jam was low qaulity, almost like spam. The green chilies were not fresh. The cheese was a low qaulity slice of American thrown on top. It barely melted since it was mostly just processed items. The hash browns were flavor less and from a bag. The toast was over buttered and soggy. My son did eat all his french toast and his sausage was decent.
As stated before, if I return it would be because of the service only!

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Arrived at the Happy Rooster not knowing what to expect. From the outside it resembles a shack covered with art. The inside is clean and comfortable.

We had to wait 15 minutes on two occasions but that is pretty good.

The food is excellent. I have tried multiple dishes and they are hot and huge. Massive menu with all the classics.

One and only hiccup was service. First visit went without a hitch. Second visit the waitress actually piled the plates so the bottom of the plate was touching the food under it. That should not happen. They really need to use trays.

Third trip was not good. The waitress sat us and vanished. Took 15 min to get ordered and 20 more to get the food. We were forced to ask the busser for the bill. The waitress knew she screwed up but the busser appologized for her.

I still recommend this resturant.

1  Thank Ragnarok691
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Went to Happy Rooster with family and friends and wasn't disappointed! The menu for breakfast has lots to choose from, including egg beaters veggie omelet that is served with cottage cheese & toast. Coffee is plentiful and served with flavored creamers - large full pot left at table also. Home fries were toasted beautifully, bacon thick and crisp, pancakes large and flaky. Loved the murals on the walls and the service was fast and friendly. We arrived Saturday morning at 8 and was seated immediately - place was packed by the time we left. easy to get to and plenty of parking. Next time we're in Tucson, we will definitely stop in again!

1  Thank Anna101010
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We were in Tucson visiting family and went the the Rooster each day for breakfast. Great food, and a large variety of choices. Great service and DELICIOUS authentic fare. Reasonable prices, and a great atmosphere. When next in Tucson we will be back!!!

1114 South Sarnoff Drive Tucson, AZ 85710-5963
(520) 298-1752

1  Thank tommitchell

Been to Happy Rooster Cafe? Share your experiences!