Open today: 12:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Feels European

Our visit to Chateau was for the purpose of wine tasting. The ambience is well done with authentic... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Teri A
St.Paul, MN
via mobile
Tasty wine pretty atmosphere

The wine was good. We got there around closing but still received good service. I recommend the... read more

Reviewed 30 April 2018
Joella R
via mobile

All reviews wine tasting case club small deli great afternoon informative tour spend an afternoon cheese platter great wine live music few hours groupon festival winery oktoberfest saturday red parties
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We took the tour on a Friday afternoon, and this was one of my best experiences at a winery. The building ands it grounds are absoultely gorgeous, and once we pulled into the driveway, I felt like this was out in the European country more than in Wisconsin.
I highly recommend doing this during the week. I have heard that there are hundreds of people in and out on Saturday (would still be worth it), but we had a small tour and got to chat with the great staff during our wine tasting. Billy was an excellent guide and we walked away with some very interesting knowledge on the producing and bottling of wine. Very good content for someone without a lot of background, and I am sure new facts even for those who know more. An example being the differences in oak barrels from the US vs. France and how it impacts the aging and flavor of various wines.
As far as the wine, all grapes and wines from the sonoma region, and it was excellent. Took two bottles home, and will probably seek out more in the future.

1  Thank MA_Fuchs
Reviewed 19 August 2010

It's almost worth driving out to see this winery just for the building and courtyard- it's beautiful! This is a very successful young winery, one the downside, they were running out of most of their wines by the time we visited in early August. As much as we wanted to leave with a bottle or three there was nothing we cared for left. Those with a taste for dry wines would probably have a better experience. Beautiful venue for weddings are parties.