Open today: 12:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Feels European

Our visit to Chateau was for the purpose of wine tasting. The ambience is well done with authentic... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Teri A
St.Paul, MN
via mobile
Tasty wine pretty atmosphere

The wine was good. We got there around closing but still received good service. I recommend the... read more

Reviewed 30 April 2018
Joella R
via mobile

All reviews wine tasting case club small deli great afternoon informative tour spend an afternoon cheese platter great wine live music few hours groupon festival winery oktoberfest saturday red parties
Reviewed 17 September 2013

By far one of the best places to taste a variety of wine. I love their take on winemaking. I thought their staff was very knowledgable.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife and I have been here before, but this time took advantage of a Groupon for a little time away from the cities. Friday afternoon was perfect...nice and quite on a gorgeous Fall day. James and Cassie helped us thru our tasting and were wonderful. We have been here when it is super busy and I can tell you much more enjoyable when not as crazy with people.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

My husband and I took his motorcycle and rode to Chateaux St.Croix. St.Croix Falls is very scenic so it was a nice ride. We had purchased a Groupon to use at the winery. Driving up the Chateaux looks very imposing with statues out in front. Inside the décor was very nice and there were several rooms off that I'm guessing are used for receptions.

We made our way to the bar and pulled out our Groupon. The fellow helping us seemed to have an attitude. He rattled off the routine and poured us a sample then wandered off. We waited to get another sample. After we had finished all but one sample we were told that we could go get a cheese sampler platter (part of the Groupon) and sit at a table. Had we known this we could have had our cheese while we were sampling the other wines.

We weren't impressed with any of the wines. We did see people purchasing the "Cheese Head White". I'm guessing because it has a plastic chunk of cheese on the top of the bottle. We actually didn't purchase any of their wines.

If it wouldn't have been for the pretty scenery we would have been very disappointed. We've visited many wineries across the country and this was probably the least friendly.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stopped by the winery as it was recommended on Trip Advisory and at a local tourist info place. It was later in the day around 4pm, we just missed last tour by 15 minutes, no idea if there was a cost for the tour but the gal (later learned owner) we spoke with stated that the tour would last another 20-25 min and didn't think jumping in with the group now was a very good idea. After stating that we had never been to the winery, she explained the cost for wine tasting/sampling, sounded good, my husband and I were thinking since we're here and have missed the tour we could still sample some wine. We paid our money, received our tokens and the owner stated that the winery hosted had a wedding last weekend and her desk was a mess so she was handing us over to the gal behind the counter. Note, that the gal behind the counter was super nice, took our pic-NO COMPLAINTS, she was super very nice. Since we missed the tour thought maybe the owner could tell us something about the wine we were tasting, the difference in the grapes, from one wine to the next, nope, she had a desk to tend to that was obviously more important than two of us. Basically, we sampled 6 shots of wine and left within 30 minutes. The wine was good, but maybe I would have made a purchase if someone could have given us 15-30 mintues of her time to share something about the winery. Very disappointed. Please note we are not fancy/dancy people and I believe in writing fair reviews. Sorry, not impressed with how we were treated.

3  Thank tschilli
Reviewed 20 July 2013

My husband and I recently bought and used a "couple's package" Groupon for this winery. The package included 10 chips for drinks (most wines were 1 chip, others were 2), a cheese and chocolate platter, two souvenir wine glasses, and a souvenir cheese board. The bartenders were friendly and helpful. We were a little disappointed with the chocolate on the platter, as some people were given "fancy" chocolates, while our platter consisted of individually wrapped standard chocolate, even though they had the same coupon. We decided to spend an extra $6 per person to do the tour. We were pleasantly surprised that we were the only two on the tour. The tour guide was great, although the tour was rather short.

3  Thank SizzlingSkies