“Cool place to visit and try wime” 4 of 5 bubbles

Chateau St. Croix
Grantsburg
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Cool place to visit and try wime”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Very cool castle atmosphere. It's fun to try the different wines here. They have a semi annual festival that is a lot of fun to visit.

Albertville
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wine tasting for the fall festival.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

It was great, but really crowded. Wait time to redeem token was about 10 - 15 minutes. Crafters and food was good.

Visited September 2013
“Fab atmosphere and the wine is great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

By far one of the best places to taste a variety of wine. I love their take on winemaking. I thought their staff was very knowledgable.

Visited June 2013
Minneapolis
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Very relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

My wife and I have been here before, but this time took advantage of a Groupon for a little time away from the cities. Friday afternoon was perfect...nice and quite on a gorgeous Fall day. James and Cassie helped us thru our tasting and were wonderful. We have been here when it is super busy and I can tell you much more enjoyable when not as crazy with people.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Used a Groupon”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

My husband and I took his motorcycle and rode to Chateaux St.Croix. St.Croix Falls is very scenic so it was a nice ride. We had purchased a Groupon to use at the winery. Driving up the Chateaux looks very imposing with statues out in front. Inside the décor was very nice and there were several rooms off that I'm guessing are used for receptions.

We made our way to the bar and pulled out our Groupon. The fellow helping us seemed to have an attitude. He rattled off the routine and poured us a sample then wandered off. We waited to get another sample. After we had finished all but one sample we were told that we could go get a cheese sampler platter (part of the Groupon) and sit at a table. Had we known this we could have had our cheese while we were sampling the other wines.

We weren't impressed with any of the wines. We did see people purchasing the "Cheese Head White". I'm guessing because it has a plastic chunk of cheese on the top of the bottle. We actually didn't purchase any of their wines.

If it wouldn't have been for the pretty scenery we would have been very disappointed. We've visited many wineries across the country and this was probably the least friendly.

Visited August 2013