“Interesting Side Stop” 3 of 5 bubbles

and up
1692 Witch Trials Walking Tour in Salem
Ranked #5 of 77 things to do in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the Salem witch trial judges, Jonathan Corwin, is buried here.
Philadelphia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Interesting Side Stop”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Nice historical stop in Salem. Filled with ancient tombstones and majestic trees. Peaceful. There are a few interesting residents....one who arrived on the Mayflower. Unique gravestone carvings.

1 Thank lbrubaker

Allentown, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best part of my Salem Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

I loved walking through this cemetary! There are some stones ranging back to 1600's! It was so interesting. I will admit though, that I was a little upset that they did not have more security in the cemetary. There were people sitting on a raised sarcophogus like it was a bench & there were a few dogs marking on graves. The visitors could have been a little more respectful.

2 Thank Scouter26
Talent OR
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful and eerie, especially near Halloween”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We went there after walking out on the Witch Walk (which sucked). We arrived there on foot close to sundown, and the cemetery is not too large to see in less than an hour. There are beautiful antique tombstones, sadly some are broken and deteriorated. Although it was hard to read some of the inscriptions, it is worth the visit to see such historic monuments.

1 Thank r w
Andalusia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must see!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I loved walking through and reading the headstones. It was very crowed since we went on a busy weekend and I got a little aggravated with the disrespect people have reguarding the graves. We took several photos during the day and during the night with alot of spirit activity.

Auburn, Maine
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“My wife liked it, so I did too:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

My wife is into this kind of thing, and while I do find it somewhat interesting, she enjoyed it much more.

It's in the heart of the area, so there is plenty to see before and after, and all within a short walk.

I must say, I find it odd, that a cemetery is such a focal point. There were hundreds of people going thru and looking at the names on the stones, and seemingly enjoy the visit.

Visited October 2013

Been to Old Burying Point Cemetery? Share your experiences!