“Fun, for a graveyard”

US$20.00*
Hauntings and History of Salem Walking Tour
Ranked #5 of 83 things to do in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the Salem witch trial judges, Jonathan Corwin, is buried here.
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I mean, this is a cemetery. But in October it is also full of people and kind of a central stop. I consider this a really fascinating place all year round because there are a lot of old New England stories embodied in the stones here. Worth a stroll through if you are in the area.

1  Thank Benjamin L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,153)

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Nice historical stop in Salem. Filled with ancient tombstones and majestic trees. Peaceful. There are a few interesting residents....one who arrived on the Mayflower. Unique gravestone carvings.

1  Thank lbrubaker
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I loved walking through this cemetary! There are some stones ranging back to 1600's! It was so interesting. I will admit though, that I was a little upset that they did not have more security in the cemetary. There were people sitting on a raised sarcophogus like it was a bench & there were a few dogs marking on graves. The visitors could have been a little more respectful.

2  Thank Scouter26
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We went there after walking out on the Witch Walk (which sucked). We arrived there on foot close to sundown, and the cemetery is not too large to see in less than an hour. There are beautiful antique tombstones, sadly some are broken and deteriorated. Although it was hard to read some of the inscriptions, it is worth the visit to see such historic monuments.

1  Thank r w
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I loved walking through and reading the headstones. It was very crowed since we went on a busy weekend and I got a little aggravated with the disrespect people have reguarding the graves. We took several photos during the day and during the night with alot of spirit activity.

Been to Old Burying Point Cemetery? Share your experiences!