“A Gem in Salem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Amelia Payson House
Ranked #3 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 September 2013

If you are looking for a quality bed and breakfast in Salem, MA, you cannot do better than the Amelia Payson Guest House. The rooms are immaculately clean and beautifully decorated. Ada and Donald Roberts are delightful people and the breakfasts are wonderful. Best of all, you will meet so many interesting people during your stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Roger D

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I were visiting our son in Salem and decided to stay at the Amelia Payson B&B. We highly recommend this B&B, our room was so clean and comfortable. Ada and Donald are wonderful hosts. We enjoyed the breakfasts along with great conversation. Their home is in the best location, we could walk to everything in Salem. I promise you will not be disappointed, you will enjoy your stay at this warm, comfortable home.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We were visiting family in the area and were delighted with the Amelia Payson B&B. It is a lovely home with fabulous accomodations, including the very spacious private bathroom in our suite. We looked forward each morning to having breakfast in the beautiful dining room and eating a delicious meal, complete with wonderful fresh fruit. The scones were our favorites! Ada and Donald were charming hosts from the moment they welcomed us into their home. The location is perfect; we walked to all the sights in Salem. We'd definitely would recommend this B&B to anyone staying in the Salem area.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the large bathroom. The wallpaper is lovely in the bedroom and the bath was so...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This was my wife's and My first time staying at a bed and breakfast. Our stay surpassed all expectations. Our hosts, Ada and Donald made us feel welcome from the time they answered the door. By the end of our two night stay, we felt like family. I would highly recommend this B & B. I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I was traveling solo and was relieved to find a warm and inviting place to stay. The rooms are charming and very comfortable. Parking was easy and you can walk to many of the attractions from this location. I would recommend this place highly for anyone who wants to stay in an authentic and charming home with warm hosts.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Amelia Payson House is half a block from Salem Common and in a perfect location. Ada was very helpful in selecting a walking tour at night (Hocus Pocus) and her suggestion on taking the ferry to Boston was one of the highlights of our stay. This was our first visit to Salem and should we return, despite changing many choices in our itinerary, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Wow! I just finished my stay in Salem at the Amelia Payson House. All I can say is that I am already dying to find a time to come back. From the moment you call to book, to the moment you walk in the door, until the moment you leave, you are treated like family and welcomed to Salem by people who are as knowledgeable as they are cordial. Ada and Donald can answer any question you have about Salem and will go out of their way to find an answer on the off-chance they are not sure.

Besides just being lovely people, Ada and Don run a spotless bed and breakfast. The rooms are meticulously cleaned and have so many adorable touches and amenities. My room had an ensure bathroom with shampoo, soap, and towels provided. Not to mention free wifi and cable television. Ada and Don also leave little treats in the rooms as an added touch for their guests. The B&B is within walking distance of everything in Salem. so, you can't ask for a better location. I can go on, but I think to conclude I will simply say that I have never enjoyed my stay more at any lodging I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Amelia Payson House? Share your experiences!