Hawthorne Hotel
Econo Lodge(Danvers)
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
2,065 results
All reviewstavern on the greenbeautiful historic hotelrooms are smallan older hotelhalloween ballwithin walking distancethe general managerfront desk staffthe peabody essex museumtwo queen bedsfree parkingnew englandwitch museumvisiting salemthe publobbywedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I was thisclose to swearing off staying in Salem until I stayed here...I was a loyal customer of a competing hotel until one too many unpleasant events kept me from going back. I can say that my experience at the Hawthorne was beyond compare!!! I often travel with family (including my 3 year old) so I adored the fact that they have a noise policy that they have every guest sign! I was relieved to know that I wouldn't have to deal with rowdy wedding guests or other craziness that is allowed in other hotels. The service at the hotel is prompt and friendly, whether it's for extra shampoo or batteries for the remote for the TV! Room service was top notch - the food was excellent, made exactly to order and delivered fast! I'll definitely be bringing my business back to Salem as a new fan of the Hawthorne Hotel!!! Thanks for a great weekend!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Hawthorne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear tm2515:

We most certainly welcome every guest, but are particularly happy when we manage to convince someone to remain a loyal traveler to Salem.

Thank you so very much for your very kind review. It is in pleasing our customers that we receive the most job satisfaction, so we were truly happy to read your very nice commentary.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I went to the Hawthorne Hotel for the John Irving reception held there in September. I had been to the restaurants inside before, but never into the function halls. It was great. What a beautiful treasure we have here in Salem! It was so nice to receive John Irving there, and truly a place we can all be proud of. The staff was friendly and helpful. The dinner was delicious! So much so, that when my friend didn't finish her meal, I helped her polish it off! I had a great afternoon!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Hawthorne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Dear Haileelynn:

Thank you for taking the time to write about your wonderful stay at our historic Hawthorne Hotel. While it has been a little while since you stayed with us, it is obvious that we made a positive impression.

We love hearing from our satisfied guests, especially when they remember the impression our friendly and helpful staff had on their stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2012

This is a historic hotel that is distinctive, and staying here is an experience in itself. The hotel rooms, though small as many in historic properties are, are beautiful and distinctive. Staff is very helpful and friendly. I liked being able to stay with a dog at such a nice property; the hotel is across the street from a large park and a nice residential area. You can order a special 'dog dinner' from the Pub for five or six dollars which is a nice touch. The location is central to just about every tourist attraction in Salem.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear TeddyJohns:

We are so happy that you and your dog enjoyed your stay with us. We do everything we can think of in order to make our historic hotel feel as welcoming as we can make it. Your perspective of your visit will certainly be helpful to future visitors, especially because you are such a seasoned traveler.

We look forward to welcoming you and your “pooch pal” back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2012

I grew up in the Beverly-Salem area, but never had the opportunity to stay at the Hawthorne until recently, after moving to Connecticut. I knew of its quality and history, but was blown away by how lovely it was, how comfortable the room was, and the attentiveness of the staff. You cannot beat the location, being within walking distance to many of Salem's historic sites and wonderful restaurants, including the hotel's own Nathaniel's, where we had an excellent dinner. Staying at this hotel was an absolute treat!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Hawthorne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear HMDG:

Thank you so much for writing this glowing review. We are always sincerely grateful when one of our guests takes the time to tell future travelers to the Hawthorne Hotel about their first-hand experience as a customer.

You certainly covered virtually every aspect of what a stay in the Hawthorne Hotel encompasses, fulsomely yet succinctly, and we really appreciate your time.

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you! We are so happy to have been a part of your memories on your mini-honeymoon.

General Manaer

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Our stay at the Hawthorne was one of the best we've ever had and we travel a lot. We were there 8 days. During our stay, my husband experienced a medical emergency and the staff reacted like a well oiled, yet very caring, machine. The rooms were wonderful (we changed rooms halfway through to get a smoking room), clean and lovely. But I can't say enough about the staff. From maintenance, to housekeeping, to restaurant servers, to front desk and finally to the management, we were treated as honored guests. And we're just hard working blue-collar folks. We really were sad to leave.

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear J9union:

As sad as you were to leave, we are so happy that things turned out well so that you were able to travel back home.

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this lovely review. It is an encounter such the one we had with you, and the resultantly fulsome praise such as this, that makes being in the hospitality business so worthwhile.

We do try to treat each and every traveler with complete respect, and we constantly remind our team members that we are not in the Hotel business, we are n the Hospitality business, and there is a big difference. It is apparent that you saw the results of this training.

Thank you so much for assisting future travelers this way. We do sincerely appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel some time in the future.