Hawthorne Hotel
The Hotel Salem(Salem)
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge(Danvers)
2,062 results
All reviewstavern on the greenbeautiful historic hotelrooms are smallan older hotelhalloween ballwithin walking distancethe general managerfront desk staffthe peabody essex museumtwo queen bedsfree parkingnew englandwitch museumvisiting salemthe publobbywedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The hotel is beautiful and comfortable. More importantly, the customer service here is amazing. Every employee was knowledgeable and concerned with the quality of the stay.

Perfect location as well. Great place to stay in Salem.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Hawthorne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear DCandAD,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne Hotel. I appreciate your kind words for our hotel, and especially for our excellent staff. We believe that we are in the hospitality business, not in the hotel business, and it is important to us that our guests feel welcome and comfortable. We train our staff with this in mind, and so I will be certain to share your kind words with our team.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

A magnificent historic hotel, with the most helpful and accommodating staff possible. The hotel is located in Salem, Massachusetts, one of the most important New England sites. The Hawthorne Hotel is beautifully restored and completely modern. But on each floor you will see evidence of our early American traditions: paintings, books, and history, from a time when Salem was one of our great seaports.

The food is great, by the way, and their breakfast especially. It's quiet, comfortable, very clean, welcoming, and gracious in every way. We loved our stay at this hotel, and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KSpruce

Dear KSpruce,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne Hotel. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you appreciated the Hotel’s history and atmosphere. As one of the Historic Hotels of America, it is important for us to retain the historical quality of the hotel, while still providing our guests with the modern comforts they require.

I’m glad that you also enjoyed dining in Nathaniel’s, our fine dining restaurant, and will be certain to share your compliments with our Chefs.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I just came back from a lovely 3 night stay at the Hawthorne. The rooms are furnished with Colonial style charm, comfortable. but with all the new age gadgets. They have 2 restaurants on site, one fine dining and one tavern style. I ate at the tavern twice and loved both meals. I ate breakfast at the fine dining restaurant twice and was not disappointed. The prices at both restaurants was very reasonable, and the portions were large. The staff at the hotel, from servers, housekeepers, and the front desk, were always pleasant and would go out of their way to accommodate a guests requests. The hotel is ideally situated. You can park your car and never have to return to it until you check out. All of the things to see in Salem, are within walking distance,,,shopping, restaurants, tourist attractions, etc...All in all, it was a wonderful stay and would highly recommend anyone traveling to Salem, to stay at this lovely hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear pelalem,

Thank you for your glowing review of the Hawthorne Hotel. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you took advantage of our great location to better enjoy Salem and its many attractions. I’m glad that you also enjoyed our two wonderful in-house restaurants. Both Nathaniel’s and Tavern on the Green deliver excellent service and delicious food, and it seems you received just that.

We believe that we are not in the hotel business, but in the hospitality business. We take great pride in finding staff members who exude the kind of friendly, welcoming personality we want to offer our guests. As such, I appreciate your kind words for our staff as well, and I will be sure to pass them along to our great team.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I didnt love the hotel, I thought that they were unaccommodating and rude on several occasions. The room itself was nice and the bed was comfortable but the enitre place smelled like cigarette smoke and the food wasnt good at all. I was there for an event and they ended it very abruptly on us and actually went around taking drinks out of peoples hands. I wouldn't go back to the hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Hawthorne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Brian R:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are always disappointed when someone doesn't enjoy themselves while visiting our hotel. As you can tell by the myriad of excellent reviews on this site, we generally do an excellent job for our guests, and that is what we work for in each and every interaction with our visitors.

We will certainly look at what transpired and see what we can do to improve things for future guests. Should you wish to discuss this particular stay with us, we would be happy to take your call. You can contact me, or our Front Desk Manager, Andy Seidel, at 978-744-4080.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We really enjoyed our one-night visit to the Hawthorne Hotel. Not only is the location perfect for exploring Salem, but the restaurants at the hotel are also excellent. The staff were friendly and attentive. In particular, Sarah at the front desk made both the arrival and departure a pleasant experience, getting us oriented to the hotel and nearby attractions and doing it all in a professional and welcoming manner. Would definitely return here for another visit!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NYCTraveller2014

Dear NYCTraveller2014,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne Hotel. I’m glad that not only did you have a pleasant stay with us, but that you also took advantage of our two lovely in-house restaurants, Tavern on the Green and Nathaniel’s. Although each restaurant offers a different menu and atmosphere, both deliver excellent food and service, and so I’m pleased that you enjoyed dining with us as well.

I also appreciate you recognizing Sarah for her friendly and helpful nature. We recently named her our Employee of the Month for the very reasons you named--and more. I will be certain to share your kind words with her and the rest of our Front Desk team.

We hope to see you again soon.