“Comfortable stay!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salem
Houston, Texas
“Comfortable stay!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We had an excellent stay on 6/8/14. The staff was nice and the room comfortable and clean. I would definitely stay there again. One tiny quibble i would offer a tv guide to make finding something to watch on tv easier.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Hawthorne Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Cristina A,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne Hotel. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found your room to be welcoming and well taken care of. I will be certain to make sure the Housekeeping team knows how much you appreciated their hard work.

We are currently working with our cable provider to update our service and channel listings. We hope that when we are done our guests will be able to enjoy a better in-room television experience.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Juli Lederhaus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Turkish first
Mechanicsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My husband and I mixed business and pleasure for a one night stay at the Hawthorne Hotel.
The staff was very friendly and helpful especially Lexie our server at breakfast.
Our room was clean and pleasant and the hotel's central location was close to museums, restaurants & shops.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Vonceil,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne Hotel. I’m pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate your kind words for our staff. I will be certain to share your compliments with Lexie and the rest of our team.

As you mentioned, the Hawthorne is lucky to be ideally located in historic Salem. Our overnight guests are guaranteed parking, and are therefore able to check in, park their car, and enjoy walking to any of the city’s many great attractions and excellent shopping district. I hope you had a little time to explore our lovely city during your visit.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best,

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful historic hotel. The rates are reasonable. The staff are very attentive, courteous and professional. The location is ideal. It's easy walking distance to all the attractions including the train station if traveling to Boston.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Joe S,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne Hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay, and that you appreciated so many of those things which we feel make the Hawthorne a wonderful place to stay, from our welcoming staff to our excellent location.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

From the moment we arrived nothing was too much to ask for from the front desk. Liz and Dilya went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable. We really felt welcomed at this hotel. The location is great. We were able to walk to all the attractions we wanted to see.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Hawthorne Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Judith C,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne Hotel. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and am glad that the friendliness of our Front Desk team added to your stay. I will be sure to share your kind words with Liz and Dilya, as well as the rest of our clerks.

We are very lucky to be centrally located in historic Salem, placing us within walking distance of the city’s many great attractions. In addition to being able to enjoy nearby Pickering Wharf and Salem’s ever-growing shopping district, our guests can easily explore many museums and historic sites. The Peabody Essex Museum in particular is a hot spot right now due to the new Turner and the Sea exhibit that just opened. I hope you enjoyed walking around the city!

We hope to see you again soon.

Best,

Bourne, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Hawthorne Hotel was the perfect place for my daughter's bridal shower. The staff was friendly and so helpful, the location was great for everyone, and the food was delicious. We had a brunch buffet and people continued to go back for more as the shower went on. We had the shower in Sophia's Room which was bright and open. I would recommend the Hawthorne Hotel to anyone planning a special event, it was perfect!

Dear Patricia F,

Congratulations to your daughter! As I’m sure you know, with our many warm and welcoming function rooms, we host a number of wonderful events at the Hotel. Each and every one is a chance for us to make a special occasion unique and wonderful, and I’m so pleased that we were able to do that for you, your daughter, and the rest of your family (and soon-to-be family). I will be certain to pass along your compliments to our Catering and Banquets teams, as well as to our Chefs.

Thank you for sharing your kind words with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

cameron
Reviewed 9 June 2014

From the time I called from Texas to make my reservation until the moment they called my cab to pick me up for my ride to the airport, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful! Every staff member was pleasant and wanted to make sure my stay was enjoyable and effort free. They went above and beyond to make sure my trip to Salem was memorable and stress free!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HawthorneHotelGM, General Manager at Hawthorne Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear donellekeen,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne Hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate your compliments for our excellent staff. We take great care to select team members who we believe will offer our guests the hospitality we know they deserve. It’s always wonderful to hear from our guests that they received warm and friendly service throughout their stay. I will be sure to share your kind words with our team.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Spent 5 days at the hotel for a seminar. The staff at the front desk was very attentive and knowledgeable. The house keeping staff was quick to respond and did a great job maintaining the room. I regret I did not have time to tour the many museums nearby. Restaurants and shopping were all in walking distance. A twenty minute walk to the train station put us in the center of Boson in 40 minutes.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Thomas W,

Thank you for your review of the Hawthorne Hotel. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and am glad that the Front Desk and Housekeeping teams made your visit that much more enjoyable with their helpful and friendly attitudes, as well as their technical expertise.

As you noted, Salem is full of many wonderful attractions, restaurants, and a growing shopping district, everything within a short walk from the Hawthorne. Although you did not get to do much sightseeing during your trip, I hope you still enjoyed the beauty of Salem.

We hope to welcome you back again soon, perhaps for a little longer so that you have the opportunity to visit a few of the attractions. The Peabody Essex Museum in particular has just opened a new exhibit, Turner and the Sea, which has been drawing much attention.

Juli Lederhaus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Boston Marriott Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Wylie Inn and Conference Center
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Hawthorne Hotel? Share your experiences!