“Perfect location...”
Review of Stepping Stone Inn

Stepping Stone Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2013

A nice inn to stay in to visit Salem, the location is perfect and places all attractions in the town easily walk able.... couple this with close free parking during the stay and its not only very good value but painless too. The owner John is very friendly and happily chats about the local town and he recommended a great restaurant to us during our stay. The rooms are clean and tidy and the breakfast was good and fresh, my only negative comment would be that the decorations are a bit tired, but this is a very minor point when it is all so clean. I would definitely return!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave H
jbrick111, Owner at Stepping Stone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

David thank you for the time to write about your stay here in Salem and at My Inn I am thankful for your review and will work to improve things which will make your next stay perfect. I thank you again and hope to see you soon on your next stay in Salem. Have a good Halloween John

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We had a "girls" visit to Salem for a couple of days and really loved our stay at this B&B! The innkeeper John is such a wonderful host and so friendly and helpful. The place is very clean, breakfast was continental, simple and delightful and the location of the inn is perfect - within walking distance to everything. Prices are very reasonable, especially when traveling there in October during prime time. He even gives free passes to the witch museum which is right next door. We all agreed we would recommend the place and stay again when visiting Salem.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Edrn1

just a qucik thank you for staying and your the best I really enjoyed your being here with me and it was a great time. I hope to see you soon and cannot tell you how much fun it was for lme to have you stay lhere with me, Hope to see you soonbe safe and have a good Halloween thanksagain John

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed at the Stepping Stone for a long weekend on September 28th...The Inn was fantastic! It was within walking distance of everything...Not to mention the place was immaculate and the owner John was great! I will definitely be visiting again!

Room Tip: Stay in the attic, it has two comfy queen sized beds!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SenoritaJilly
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here October 3-6. What a wonderful stay we had! The location is perfect - within walking distance to everything. The rooms were clean and a nice breakfast was provided each morning. John is very helpful and a very pleasant host. We look forward to returning in the future!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
jbrick111, Owner at Stepping Stone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

I want to take the time to say thank you for the review. I always am great ful when you take the time to share your experience when In salem Thank you so much and as always look forward to seeing hopefully in the future Have a good day happy travels to you Your Host John W Brick Stepping STone INn

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed at the Stepping Stone for 4 nights during the first week of September and found it to be a wonderful stay. The Inn is centrally located, next to the Witch Museum and a five minute walk to the Peabody, so you do not need your car to get around Salem. It is very clean and well kept. John is a great host. It was my girlfriends first stay at a B&B and she greatly enjoyed it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
jbrick111, Owner at Stepping Stone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Just a quick Hi and thank you for thaking the time to write about your stay here. And so happy that your friend who has never stayed in a B&B enjoyed. Look forward to seeing lyou again and you made my day so nice to have you and look forward to seeing you soon Thanks again John

Reviewed 1 September 2013

My girlfriend and I were driving south to spend an evening in Salem. When we saw the traffic heading north for Labor day we decided to change our plans and stay overnight in Salem. Found this inn by blind luck and fortunate that we did. It is centrally located in Salem and right next to the Witch Museum. It is a nice quaint property with a wonderful innkeeper that treated us like family. The room was nice, clean, and a continental breakfast was included. When we spend time in Salem again I will without a doubt stay here and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
jbrick111, Owner at Stepping Stone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

It really makes feel proud to have some take the time to say how there stay was at the Inn. I know busy people are so I thank you for your comment. I hope to see you soon and will continue to make all guests happy and at home when they stay with me. I again say thank you and see you soon John

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Location is excellent and John is a good host. Just remember to bring shampoo as it's not provided. We also received complementary tix to the Witch Museum next door. There's also some very nice places to shop within 5 min walk. Overall an enjoyable town and hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013