“Nice place to stay”
Review of Stepping Stone Inn

Stepping Stone Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I planned this trip to Salem on the fly. Matt and Kelly were more than welcoming. The Inn is warm and cozy. We stayed in the Big Sur room, which was big and had enough room for all of us. The Inn is close to everything and didn't have to drive anywhere. Hope I return and stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

This is a wonderful place to stay! It's warm cozy and very comfortable! .. The owners are great people who make you feel warm and welcome .. True Salem charm! The inn was built in the build 1846 ! Must come to stay ! They do have two cats so if you don't like them, then it's not for you .. They are very friendly animals !

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Relatively no-frills room, but clean with en suite. Very convenient to all Salem attractions. Lovely sitting room with helpful Salem information. Breakfast was good with many options. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We were lucky to find a vacancy here late afternoon. Our host was very helpful re parking, sightseeing etc. Bathroom was not ensuite. Next door to Witch Museum, a bit noisy. Breakfast was good. We felt the building needed an extensive spruce up.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pwayland
jbrick111, Owner at Stepping Stone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

thank you for the review and want to wish you a happy new year an a healthy new year. we are going to do ljust that and as you would say fresh up the Inn. I work to please all my guests and will continue to do just that, Have a good day and safe traveks

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Very nice and personable. We had to miss breakfast the second morning because we needed to be on the road by 6 am. , so he packed us nut bread,bananas, and cheese to eat on the road.He was also interesting to talk to.great visit.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the top floor. Stairs are steep and narrow. Other than that the room was good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
jbrick111, Owner at Stepping Stone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to write your experience in Salem and lyou brief stay with me at the stepping stone inn. Your right the stairs are steep and it comes with these old historic homes in Salem. It was a good heads up for other travels who may not like going lup the stairs. Have a wonderful holiday weekend and next time will put you on the 2nd floor

Reviewed 16 November 2013

If you're going to party with the Witches in Salem, MA, you MUST stay at the Stepping Stone Inn.
The Inn is situated in the perfect location in the downtown historic district where the Halloween events take place. EVERYTHING is in walking distance. NO PLACE is too far to walk from the Inn. I Couldn't ask for a better place to stay. I've stayed there MANY times since 1995. I WILL return again for Halloween!!!

Rooms and bathrooms are CLEAN and cozy.
John Brick, the proprietor, is kind, helpful and quite accomodating. He even helped me get dressed for Halloween night and took pictures of my costume for me!

Room Tip: All rooms are clean and cozy!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank FlyingWitch13

Sean as always your costumes are the best and shows all the work & effort you put in to halloween and I always look forward to seeing you and really say thank lyou for staying with me thank you for taking the time to share lyour stay here and I can hardly wait to see you again soon May you have a great Holiday weekend and happy new year thanks again John

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed at the Stepping Stone Inn last week, through Halloween. The Inn was great! It was within walking distance to everything. John, the inn keeper gave us passes to the Witch Museum right next door..which we really enjoyed.

We stayed in the attic room which was very spacious with two queen size beds and a sitting room with great skylight. John was a very helpful and pleasant host..he even helped us carry our bags up to the third floor.

This B&B is very clean and centrally located. I highly recommend it.

Doris

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Doris B
jbrick111, Owner at Stepping Stone Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

thank you so m uch for taking the time to write your Halloween experience and all the tings you got to do while here I thank you for your review and It was a pleasure to have you here and I hopefully I will see y ou again some time in the future. Have a good winter & good health thanks again John Stepping Stone Inn another season over time flyes by quickly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Coach House Inn
Coach House Inn
#7 of 9 in Salem

Been to Stepping Stone Inn? Share your experiences!