“Great Way to see Salem, MA”
Review of Salem SegGliders

Salem SegGliders
Ranked #32 of 33 Tours in Salem
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located in the heart of Salem on the corner on Derby Street.
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We went on a 2-hr Combo package: Ferry from Boston to Salem & 2-hr tour of Salem (and return ferry ride). It was a great experience! Our first experience riding Segways. Those things are FUN! On such a hot day it was actually a decent way to keep "cool" since it kept the air moving. Our tour guide (Jeff) gave a great tour of the city and narrated each stop with a thorough summary at each stop. He was also mindful to keep us shaded on such a hot day. With our 2 teenagers not naturally interested in history, riding the Segways made a more captivating tour for them and they were delighted with the experience. The rest of the staff was super helpful too getting us set up, Victor(?) and Brian and the others were involved in getting us set up and started, then they even swapped 2 Segways with us mid-tour to make sure we always had fully charged Segways. Those things really zip along! The ferry ride too offered a nice narration of Boston Harbor, Salem and some points in between. It was about a 50 minute ferry ride each way. I tried to make reservations via internet but it didn't work I found out. I'd recommend making reservations over the phone to be sure. When you get to Salem, turn left when you leave the ferry landing and take Derby Street about 1/2 mile to 76 Lafeyette. It's on the corner of Lafeyette and Derby, not well marked, but across the street from the fire station. Enjoy! I highly recommend this tour! Read the restrictions, I think age 13 and 100 pounds is minimum.

3  Thank SusieLOregon_WI

Been to Salem SegGliders? Share your experiences!