“HOME AWAY FROM HOME!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 October 2011

This was one of the very best stays we have ever had. Both Bob and Marcel became our "best friends"! Gorgeous, clean and especially lovely decorated Inn in Salem. This will make your stay well worth while. Fabulous breakfasts ,to die for. I could find not one single fault here at Morning Glory Inn. We are planning trips back now as we speak , new friends and a new "home away from home", at Morning Glory Inn.
Thank you again for a very special 50th Birthday ,one for the memory books!
Warm Regards, Karen & Caitlin Petro

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2011

Hi Karen and Caitlin and thank you so very much for not wasting any time posting your wonderful review!! We certainly appreciated having you and your daughter spend your very special 50th birthday with us! Thank you both for sharing your stories...we were touched! We too have made new friends in you both and look forward to repeat visits in the future! 50 is just the begining, Karen....go enjoy life!!!! Our very best to you both!

Reviewed 16 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at Morning Glory Oct 13-16 and I must say; it was fabulous. Bob and Marcel are extremely friendly and attentive hosts; I just adored them both. I would highly recommend this B & B to anyone wanting a pleasent stay in the Salem area. The rooms are very tastefully decorated; beds were comfortable; fantastic location, and fabulous breakfast :) My girlfriend and I plan on coming to Salem for Halloween weekend next year and I will definitely stay here again. Thanks to both of you for a great stay! :)

Room Tip: Any of the rooms would be great.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Hello addicted2travel75 and thank you for your wonderful review! Thank you too for your kind words regarding the hospitality, the location, the comfort of our B&B and our home made breakfast! We are happy to learn that you plan on revisiting Salem and Morning Glory with your sister next year! Until that time, we wish you the very best!

Reviewed 16 October 2011

We loved this place! Bob and Marcel were great hosts,making us feel very welcome and comfortable! The location was ideal with practically everything we wanted to see in Salem within easy walking distance and a trolley stop nearby ifone prefers to ride. The homemade granola for breakfast was absolutely the best we've had.

Room Tip: there was no swimming pool which we did not mind at all, so the rating on that is meaningless. All...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Hello Roxcie and many thanks for your terrific review of Morning Glory! We enjoyed very much having you and your husband sit with us in the garden patio before you went for dinner. It's always fun to get to know our guests a little better...everyone has a story! Thank you as well for your compliments on our home made breakfast! We are happy to learn that you especially enjoyed our granola. Thank you Roxcie for your recipe for your banana blueberry bread! I am going to make it this week for our guests. I am sure it will be delicious! Please come and visit with us again and until then, we send you both our very best!

Reviewed 15 October 2011

Bob and Marcel are always the hosts with the MOST! The inn is always immaculate and just beautiful. This was my third visit and this time I brought my mom and niece along. The first and second time was just with my husband, but we enjoyed it so much we couldn't help but want to share it. We will be going back for sure. ONE of the best parts is the breakfast.......fresh baked goodies to die for!!! The Morning Glory is the icing on the cake of Salem, MA.....we're all in 100 percent agreement. 8 thumbs up.

Room Tip: all 4 rooms are awesome...had to try them all!!!! The top one is my favorite!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2011

Hello Wendy and thank you very much for your great review! It is always a pleasure to welcome back repeat guests to Morning Glory, especially when they bring along other family members! Your Mom and niece were a delight and we again, would like to thank you for the very thoughtful Halloween gift basket that you made for us, stuffed with all sorts of goodies! That was very thoughtful of you! We send you our very best and we wish you a Happy Halloween!!!

Reviewed 11 October 2011

My husband and I absolutly loved the Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast! It was our first b&b experience and personally, I felt right at home. Bob & Marcels' hospitality was so genuine and they are both just so lovely. The location is great because you are within walking distance to all major points of interest but not in the middle of all the hustle and bustle. There's a great view of the ocean from the balconies and the House of Seven Gables is right across the street. Salem is a great vacation destination and staying at the Morning Glory was the icing on the cake. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: all the rooms are awesome but you can see for yourself on their site, they have virtual tours!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2011

Hi Sarah and thank you so very much for taking time to submit such a lovely review! We enjoyed very much having you and your husband Kyle stay with us last week! So happy to hear that you found Morning Glory to be the perfect all around B&B for your stay and that you felt 'right at home'! This feeling of welcome is exactly what we hope each and every guest will walk away with! We look forward to your return visit and our very best to you both!

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Consider yourself fortunate if you make a reservation at the Morning Glory Bed and Breakfast. Park in their off street lot and enjoy staying within walking distance of Salem's many attractions, with the House of the Seven Gables across the street.

The rooms are spotless and cozy. Those who can't quite disconnect from the world while on vacation will be happy to learn that there is a computer available to guests in the comfortable sitting area upstairs, with the Boston Globe provided as well. No detail has been overlooked, right down to the umbrellas by the front door for guests touring Salem on rainy days.

The food is delightful. On the breakfast table were baked beans. If all you have had are the mushy, too-sweet ones from a can, then these homemade ones will come as a savory surprise. It was hard to decide between lightly toasted cheese bread or the scones one morning. The scones arrived at the table with a spoonful of jam indented on top of the most delicate, tender baked goods I've ever eaten, subtly flavored with rosemary. Out of politeness to our hosts and to the other guests, I did not pocket extra scones to take with me on my explorations of Salem, but it took a great deal of restraint on my part.

I can't recommend this bed and breakfast highly enough- it strikes that perfect balance between welcoming and at the same time allows guests privacy. A perfect B&B for a romantic weekend away or for a few days of fun with friends.

Room Tip: I'd be happy in any of the rooms. We stayed in one of the smaller ones and we loved it- lovely...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2011

Hi Nina and we thank you so very much for a fantastic review! So happy that you enjoyed our home made breakfast pastries, especially Marcel's baked beans from scratch! The rosemary lemon scones with raspberry jam are a favorite of many guests; had I known you loved them so much I would have packed a doggie bag for your afternoon sight seeing! :) You are absolutely correct in stating the fine line between being hospitable and being overbearing. So happy you found that we were able to strike the perfect balance. Please do come and visit with us again soon! Our very best to you both!

Reviewed 9 October 2011

We recently stayed at the Morning Glory for a long weekend in Massachusetts. We chose the B&B from pictures and online reviews and were very pleased with our stay there. Bob and Marcel were wonderful hosts! The B&B is full of charm. Our room was spacious yet cozy. Breakfast was a delight...especially the cheesy bread [Marcel] and the coffee [Bob ;)]. The location of the B&B was perfect for touring around Salem and is also great access to the Ferry. There is also a rooftop deck overlooking the water which is beautiful. We will definitely plan a trip back to the Morning Glory in the future. Thanks Bob & Marcel for a wonderful experience!
The Kanuch's

Room Tip: The Rebecca Nurse Room was spacious yet cozy and has a fireplace in it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!