“Definitely *the* Place to Stay in Salem!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Definitely *the* Place to Stay in Salem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

We just spent two nights at the 'Morning Glory' Bed & Breakfast and can't praise it - and owner Bob - enough!

To start, Bob kindly picked us up from the BHC Ferry - which was great as we had heavy luggage.

The B&B is conveniently located next to the House of Seven Cables - the perfect location to start your Salem trip/tour. You can also jump on the Salem Trolley from this location, which takes you all around the town.

The town center/old quarter is just a few minutes walk from the B&B, so you definitely do not need a car while staying here. Salem's must-see sights are all on your door step.

The B&B itself is beautiful - lovingly restored and renovated, and full of New England charm. You really couldn't ask for more.

While full of olde charm, the rooms have all modern conveniences and were very comfortable.

We will definitely visit the 'Morning Glory' again, and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Salem.

Thank you Bob.

David & Paul

Room Tip: We stayed in the Elizabeth Howe room. En suite bathroom, TV, double bed, walk in closet, access to b...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Hello David and many thanks for your very flattering review! Thank you for your praise very kind words! You and Paul were perfect gentlemen and it was my pleasure to host you at my Bed & Breakfast! So happy to read that Morning Glory will be your go to B&B when you return to Historic Salem and until then, I send you both my very best!

Bob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Rawlins, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

"Morning Glory" was our first experience staying at a bed and breakfast. Let me say first my husband is a hard man to please. He likes staying in first class hotels with all the amenities. Convincing him to stay at a B and B was like pulling teeth. So when I finally convinced him, I was in heaven. Morning Glory does not let you down!!! It is amazing how beautiful and sincere Bob is with his guests. I loved everything about our stay and my husband is a true believer. 5 star all the way! We can't wait to return to the wonderful town of Salem and visit Bob and Morning Glory B and B again.

2 Thank Regina M
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Hello Regina and thank you for submitting your lovely review! I am so very happy that you were able to convince your husband to stay at a B&B...equally happy that your first experience at a B&B was "heaven" and especially happy that you both will be returning to Salem and Morning Glory!! Thank you for your very kind words and I do look forward to your return visit! Until then, I send you both my very best!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

What can I say? I have now stayed at The Morning Glory during FOUR visits to Salem, Massachusetts, and have already made my reservation for number FIVE! It is a remarkable place, and my only regret is having to leave it. I have stayed in nearly every room, and each is delightful and charming in its own way. All are spotless, comfortable, and beautifully appointed. I always anticipate the delicious breakfast foods and enjoy the company of fascinating people, many of whom are fellow "returnees." Bob, the owner, is obviously in the midst of his labor of love, and I feel nothing but gratitude that I am blessed with the opportunity to be a part of that experience, albeit much too briefly. Try it for yourself; once you walk in the door and inhale the delightful aroma, you'll know that you have landed in the right spot!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank KYTravelerToo
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Wow...What can I say but Thank You for such a beautiful review!!! Thank you very much for all of your high praise!!! I feel equally blessed to not only have you as a repeat guest,, but as a friend! You always make the breakfast conversation fun and light! You have an excellent sense of humor and always have the other guests in stitches! I too look forward to your fifth visit this coming December! Thank you too for your hugs!!! Sending you my very, very best!!

Tavernier, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Bob Shea Made us feel welcome as soon as we arrived. It was like coming home to Grandmas house to the smell of fresh made granola and cookies. The room we had was Rebecca Nurse room. Our bed was firm and the linens impeccable.
The next morning we were served a 5 star breakfast of pancakes and maple syrup. Other options were available such as the fresh made granola and yogurt .
All in all Coming to Morning Glory was like coming home. Thank you Bob, we will return!

Room Tip: Unique and Historic option rather than a room with a bed.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Hello Stacks and many thanks for your wonderful post to TripAdvisor of your stay at Morning Glory! I very much appreciate your kind words regarding the fresh linens, the home made breakfast and the warm welcome you received upon your arrival; all of this giving you the feeling that you were 'coming home'! This is the ultimate compliment and I thank you so very much! And finally, reading that you 'will return' to Morning Glory is icing on the cake! Until then, I send you both my very best!!

Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We only spent one night here and didn't even get breakfast because we had an early morning flight, but it was a lovely B&B. It was very clean. Our room and the common areas were exceptionally comfortable while decorated in a charming manner. The common room was nicely set up with computer, printer, frig stocked with water bottles, and coffee always available. A photo album in the common room showed the complete renovation of the Inn. Phew!! The hard work and love you put into the Morning Glory really shows in the finished product. The best thing about the Inn is the fabulous deck off the 3rd level. It has a beautiful view of the harbor through the trees as well as the other decks in the neighborhood. It was a great place to have a drink and enjoy dusk.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hi Carol and many thanks for taking time to post your positive review of your time at Morning Glory! I believe when you arrived, I was out food shopping and with your early departure for the airport the following morning, I unfortunately did not get the opportunity to meet you and your husband. I do however want to thank you for all of your wonderful compliments!! The original renovation to my home 18 years ago was, as you mentioned, a lot of hard work but at the same time, it truly was a labor of love! So very happy you were able to enjoy the third floor roof deck and relax with the gorgeous sunset!!! I hope you are able to come back again so that I can get to know you both!! Until that time, I send you both my very best!

Somerset UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

This b&b is perfect as a first stop close to the airport well worth staying a few days. Bob is a perfect host who provides a great welcome. The location is ideal and only a short walk to the sea and local restaurants. Well worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Thank you folks very much for your splendid review! So happy to read that you found everything about Morning Glory to be "perfect"! The B&B is ideally situated to all of the museums, attractions and restaurants in Salem but also, as you mention, a very short ride to Logan Airport. I am equally happy to read that you found the welcome warm upon your arrival. Please do come and stay with me again and until that time, I wish you both my very best!

Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Bob is a very gracious host. Very personable and caring from the minute we arrived to the minute we departed. Morning Glory is very well appointed to all the town of Salem has to offer. Breakfast is delicious. The house is immaculate. And Bob is a true gentleman.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you so very much for your lovely review of your recent stay at Morning Glory! I personally feel that the highest compliment one can pay is that of genuinely warm hospitality! I truly treat my guests as close friends and want nothing more than for them to walk away with the exact same feeling! Thank you and I hope that you and your lovely Mom, and maybe your husband on your next visit, can come and stay again with me at Morning Glory! I send you both my very best!!

Bob
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Winthrop Arms Hotel
Winthrop Arms Hotel
#1 of 2 in Winthrop
Boston Marriott Peabody

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!