“Happy Honeymoon”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Wow! What a wonderful place. The Morning Glory is a beautifully restored Bed and Breakfast and is located within walking distance of all of Salem's attractions. There is off-street parking which may seem like a weird thing to be happy about but not having to worry about finding a spot on the street can put you at ease. The room we stayed in was spotless and we couldn't stop smiling every time we walked through its door. We felt so at home during our stay. Bob is a terrific host. Incredibly friendly and accommodating. The view off the back deck is amazing. When we come back to Salem we will most definitely stay at the Morning Glory Bed and Breakfast again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Hello Dan and many thanks for your terrific review! So very happy you chose Salem and Morning Glory to spend your honeymoon and that you "couldn't stop smiling" for the duration of your stay! Off street parking is most certainly a plus here in Salem, especially during the busy month of October. Your compliments are most definitely appreciated and I welcome you back any time at all! Until then, I send you both my very best!

Bob

Write a ReviewReviews (1,361)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is my third visit to the Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, and it just gets better with each visit. Me and my wife celebrated our 2 year anniversary here during the second weekend of October. To sum it up,it was amazing! We stayed in the Elizabeth Howe room for 3 nights. The rooms are SPOTLESS, well equipped, and cozy. The breakfasts are delicious. My personal favorite is the cheese bread, which I indulged in every morning of our visit. Bob is the most gracious host you will ever come by. We've been home for 2 weeks and we still talk about it everyday. Thanks for everything Bob, you're the best!

Megan & Lilian

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Hi Megan and thank you so very much for your very positive post to TripAdvisor! I really enjoyed welcoming you back for your third time and I equally enjoyed meeting your wife Lilian! So happy you chose Morning Glory to celebrate your 2nd wedding anniversary! Thank you for your very kind words and kudos on the cheese bread! I actually made six loaves of Marcel's famous cheese bread earlier today - the house smelled wonderful! I too can't wait to have you and Lilian come and visit with me again! Until that time, I send you both my very best!!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

What a fabulous Bed & Breakfast, this was our first stay at a B&B and we are sold. I don't think we will ever stay in a hotel again, especially when it comes to Salem, MA. Everything you want to do in Salem is a short walk; the B&B is very close to all the attraction that the town has to offer. Our room was stunning (The Sarah Good room) which is the entire 3rd floor of this magnificent B&B with a private living room and our own private deck overlooking the harbor. Bob Shea has done a wonderful job of making this B&B one of the best, his commitment to excellence is immediately noticeable once you step foot inside the door. The breakfast room is one of the best ways to start your day, Bob puts out a wonder array of breakfast foods and great conversation with the other guests as well as Bob joins in, and his gracious hospitality is sublime. Will highly recommend the Morning Glory B&B to anyone visiting Salem, MA.

Room Tip: The Sarah Good room is defiantly worth the extra cost. All the rooms are very beautiful though.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Hi Matthew and many thanks for taking time to post such a flattering review! You and John were truly two gentlemen and I very much enjoyed talking, and laughing, with you both each morning with the other guests over breakfast! So happy to read that you enjoyed the Sarah Good Suite! It is indeed a very spacious and private area and gives you the feel of staying in an apartment more than anything else. I was so glad you had superb weather to take in all of the wonderful sights in our beautiful city and I look forward to your return visit! Until then, I send you both my very best!!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Search no more for lodgings in Salem as this B&B is the ultimate of jewels - my husband and I spent four very wonderful days here (Oct 21-24). Bob, the most gracious of hosts I have ever met welcomes you into his home and makes it yours for the duration of your stay. The house is beautiful and immaculate - the rooms are cozy - we stayed in the Bridget Bishop room and it was absolutely divine - the common room area is very warm and inviting and the dinning area is just as welcoming - each morning Bob greeted us with such a remarkable smile and warmth (he's incredible you just want to eat him up he's so adorable!) - the breakfast is delicious: yogurt/granola, home baked breads, and his remarkable pancakes, my husband was in love! Location of this B&B is in remarkable proximity to everything in Salem - no car required - everything is in walking distance, with the House of the Seven Gables directly across the street and the Boston Ferry only two short blocks away. Nestled on a very quiet street with off the street parking this B&B is a total gem for a relaxing gateway for couples. Don't pass up the opportunity to stay here you will not be disappointed. I cannot wait to visit again - Bob you are wonderful host and such a wonderful pleasure you made our stay! We will definitely be back in the future.

Room Tip: All the rooms are cozy - Bridget Bishop is very cozy and intimate - I suggest browsing the website t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Susan and many thanks for your wonderful post of your recent stay at Morning Glory! You and your husband were a true delight to have stay with me and I enjoyed your company immensley! Thank you for your extremely kind words - I appreciate that very much! I strive hard to treat each and every guest like a friend and would want nothing more than for them to walk away with that very feeling. Please do come back again Susan with your husband if you get the chance. I send you both my very best!!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Once again a fantastic stay at the Morning Glory. We've stayed here many times, but this was our first time staying here in October. As always, Bob does a top-notch job, and is such an amazing host. The place is in a great spot, within walking distance to everything, it's immaculate, breakfast is delicious & most of all, you always feel so welcomed when you stay. There are many nice places to stay in Salem, but the Morning Glory is the best! We just stayed for 4 nights and we already can't wait to come back in a few months, it's like our home away from home!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nice, but the 3rd floor suite is our favorite!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Jim & Alicia and thank you very much for your amazing review! Thank you for all of your wonderful compliments! To me, you both are so much more than repeat guests - you're more like family!! Over the years we've shared many fun stories and seem to pick up with conversation right where we left off the last time you were here. I too look forward to your return visit and until then,I send you both my very, very best!!!

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Short and sweet, our stay was two weekend nights in October to enjoy the festivities in town. Located next door to the House of Seven Gables, we were just outside of the hubbub but within an easy walk of all of the attractions. This is vitally important during October, as getting around by car becomes almost impossible- traffic at a standstill and zero parking.
We left our car, and hoofed it.
The Sarah Good suite was spacious, beautifully decorated, and comfortable. Although quite warm and inviting, the bed was a bit firm for our tastes, but we managed to sleep in anyhow.
Bob, the owner, was a gracious host and had a tasty breakfast ready for us both mornings, and was very helpful in recommending the must see attractions.
We enjoyed the on-demand convenience of the Kuerig coffee maker and were pleasantly surprised when we returned to freshen up before dinner with a huge plate of wonderful fresh-baked brownies.

This is a terrific B&B. We recommend it.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Hi Tim and thank you for writing such a wonderful post to TripAdvisor of your recent stay at Morning Glory! The bed and breakfast, as you noted, is ideally situated within easy walking distance to all of the attractions and restaurants and at the same time, quietly tucked away on a dead end street by the harbor, which always ensures a peaceful nights sleep, void of any traffic or noise of any kind! So glad you also enjoyed your private third floor suite, the home made breakfasts...and the brownies! Please do come and visit Morning Glory again and until that time, I send you both my very best!

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We really didn't,t stay here long enough to fully appreciate the lovely room (The Elisabeth Howe Room) with its fantastic deck with a view over the harbour to die for.
Bob was very kind and welcoming and encapsulated all that we have loved about this holiday to a great part of the USA.
We were made to feel very comfortable in this Inn and the breakfast was delicious in a relaxed atmosphere with other guests.

This along with the great location definitely earns the 'Best B&B' in Salem accolade.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Hello Craig and many thanks for posting your wonderful review of your recent stay at Morning Glory! So very happy to read that you found your stay 'welcoming', the breakfast 'delicious' and the location of the B&B 'great'!! I wish too that you had more than one day to stay but should you cross the pond any time in the future, I welcome you back for a longer stay! Until that time, I send you both my very best!

Bob

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Hawthorne Hotel
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!