Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
US$287
US$278
US$206
Orbitz.com
The Hotel Salem(Salem)(Great Value!)
US$211
Hotels.com
Plaza Motel(Peabody)
US$99
1,361 results
All reviewscheese breadbob shearebecca nurse roomrooftop deckb bcommon roomother guestswithin walking distanceplace to staygranolathought of everythingwonderful hostssitting roomnew englandsalem ferrybreakfast was delicioustop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Upon arrival at Morning Glory after a long, fraught workweek and a harrowing drive, we felt inexpressibly comforted and comfortable -- instantly! From the warm and welcoming entryway to the homey yet luxuriously appointed Rebecca Nurse Room, and from Bob's congenial yet nonintrusive hosting to his delectable breakfasts, all was "right with the world", as Shakespeare would say! We spent a romantic autumn weekend rambling through the timeless colonial streets of Salem, knowing that our lodging at the end of the day coupled the embrace of home (in its down comforters and wise but whimsical décor) with the amenities of a hotel (in its common room libation/computer/local lore and attractions stations) -- the perfect confluence of elements. We go to B&Bs once a month as a treat to defray stress, and believe me, Morning Glory is in the upper echelon for New England! Make a reservation...you won't regret it!

1  Thank Kaarina F
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Hello Kaarina and thank you so very much for your very flattering post to TripAdvisor! I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay at Morning Glory and your time in Salem! Your compliments are truly appreciated, especially your kind words with respect to your warm welcome. I love what I do and you made my day when you posted that coming to Morning Glory was 'Like Coming Home!' I hope to see you both again and until then, I send you both my very best!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Such attention to detail. Bob not only makes breakfast pleasing to the eye, it's delicious too! He leaves little touches of love around for you like chocolates in your room, a log in the fireplace and homemade nut breads on the coffee table. Delightful teas and coffees at your disposal. We WILL return!

The website shows every detail. You will not arrive and have unexpected disappointments. Every inch of this beautiful, historic home has been touched with love and care. I can't imagine how beautiful it is in the Spring on the patio overlooking the bay.

The town is lovely. You must take the Trolley to see the sites prior to venturing off alone. You can hop on and off all day! Everyone is kind and helpful. Dining within Salem is a treat as well. We especially enjoyed some of the regular, less touristy places in particular. Bob will give you fantastic recommendations as well.

Blessings and hugs to you my be friend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Hello Daphne and thank you so very much for your beautiful post to TripAdvisor! Thank you for all of your wonderful compliments! I am truly happy that you felt the genuine love that went into, and continues to go into Morning Glory!! Marcel and I have labored long and hard to bring our passion of a comfortable, welcoming and loving bed & breakfast to the public. I hope that you are able to return in warmer weather so that you can enjoy the roof top deck with ocean views and the garden patio with flowering rose bushes, water fountain and reclining chairs. Until then, I send you both my very best!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

#1) I have never written an on-line review before
#2) I have never stayed at a bed and breakfast before
#3) I have never been to New England before
#4) I had low expectations

Until I stayed at the Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast in Salem, I never had any desire to get on-line and write a review, good or bad. I fell in love with Morning Glory the moment we pulled up. Among a row of historic homes in a quaint (yet famous) little town stood a beautiful three story magnificent home. We stayed in the Sarah Good room which occupied the entire 3rd floor of the home. The suite was fabulous and was just what it looked like on the website video tour. In addition to the beautiful and extremely clean suite, Bob made our stay. Master chef of breakfast is what I like to call him! For never staying at a B&B and hearing from family and friends their "not so good" experiences, the Morning Glory was a complete surprise and great way to celebrate a vacation. I highly recommend the stay! I can't wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Website on-line tour/video.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Molly and thank you for your glowing review! You both were an absolute delight to have stay with me and I especially enjoyed talking with you, and the other guests, at the breakfast table each morning! Our website's virtual tour through Morning Glory, as you mention, allows viewers to walk through each and every guest room, private bath, kitchen and breakfast room. What you see is what you get. There are no surprises. I am humbled and flattered at the same time Molly by you bestowing upon me the title of 'Master Chef of breakfast'!!! You are very sweet! I am happy to read that you can't wait to come back, and until that time, I send you both my very best!!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

My wife and I just stayed at this lovely B&B. We found it to be very clean and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were crisp. Bob's breakfast was great, he made some great pancakes! Bob really made us feel at home and gave us some good recommendations for dinner. We can't wait for our next visit to Salem and we are definately staying at the Morning Glory!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Joe and thank you for your wonderful review of you stay at Morning Glory! Thank you for your glowing compliments regarding the 'great' home made breakfasts and the 'crisp' linens. All of our pasteries, breads, pancakes, apple crisp, granola and other breakfast goodies are made in home at Morning Glory. I work very hard to maintain a spotless B&B Inside and out and I thank you for noticing all of these very special touches. I am delighted to read that you are 'definitely staying at the Morning Glory' upon your return visit to Salem! Until then, I send you both my very best!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We absolutely love the Morning Glory B&B in Salem! The town is so lovely and quaint with a great atmosphere, it's like taking a step back in time and the Morning Glory is honestly the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms are beautifully decorated, very clean with lots of creative witch-related touches. I loved the four poster bed and vintage decor. Bob and Marcel are friendly and welcoming, and the breakfast was freshly prepared and delicious. Even the bread was homemade. I cannot praise this B&B enough. Would I stay here again? I would move in if they'd let me!

• Stayed: August 2013
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Hi Susan and thank you for your terrific review of your stay at Morning Glory! So happy you enjoyed everything about your stay, especially the home made cheese bread! Marcel's recipe is truly amazing and is a favorite of all our guests!! Reading that Morning Glory is the nicest hotel that you every stayed at was absolutely a very rewarding compliment and I thank you for that! I look forward to your return visit and until then, I send you my very best!!