“One night in Salem, MA”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We got to the Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast without a reservation, so we didn't know anything about this place. Bob welcomed us very friendly and gave us good tips about where to go for dinner and the attraction in town.
The B&B is close to all sights by foot. The room is causy and clean. We were thankful to use the computer and the printer for free. He supplies free coffee, tee and water for all guests. Breakfast was freshly beaked bred, fruit salad, cereals and muffins.
We enjoyed our stay in this B&B and can recommend this place.
Monika und Peter from Switzerland

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Hello Monika & Peter and thank you for your wonderful review of your stay at Morning Glory. I was happy to read that I was able to provide you with helpful advice on local area restauarnts and attractions. I was equally happy to learn that you enjoyed all of the free amenities provided at Morning Glory. Please come and visit again and I send you both my very best.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We were traveling to Salem to attend our uncle's funeral in February and immediately thought of the Morning Glory Bed and Breakfast. When I phoned for reservations, Bob informed me that he was not open for the season yet. When I told him the reason why we were coming and that we grew up in Salem, Bob said that he would definitely open up just for us! He also upgraded us to a larger room!!! Our room was pristine; warm and cozy with a comfortable bed and all the amenities you could need! He is such an amiable host and cooks a great breakfast. The pancakes with fresh fruit on top were excellent along with great coffee and yogurt. After driving up to Salem and attending our uncle's wake, it was so nice to head back to the bed and breakfast and relax in this beautiful home. We also liked the gathering room where you can make yourself hot tea or coffee and read or chat. If you are looking for a quiet, clean, relaxing B & B, don't look any further. You will not be disappointed. Thank you Bob and we hope to return on a happier occasion.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank girlandfig
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Hello and thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with me at Morning Glory! Although, as you mentioned, I was closed, I was more than happy to open for you and your sister so you could attend services for your uncle. I was sorry to hear of your circumstances but delighted to have gotten the chance to meet you both! Thank you for your kind words and I hope you can come back to Salem and Morning Glory under happier circumstances. My very best to you both!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My boyfriend and I needed a last minute place to stay while touring Salem for the first time and a friend of ours recommended Morning Glory B&B. I am glad I called because Bob was such a nice person and allowed us to stay last minute! The room was wonderfully furnished. It felt very comfortable and warm. The room was also stocked with everything you would need and was very very clean. Bob made our first time staying at a B&B a wonderful experience. I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone, which I already have! The breakfast in the morning was so delightful and wonderfully set out. The homemade bread and the cute little glass bowls of fruit made for a delicious breakfast. Bob was also great company and wished us safe travels on our way out. We did not want to leave! Overall, this trip was great and staying here made it that much better. Highly recommend!

-Veronica & Wayland-

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Veronica S
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Hi Veronica and thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review of your recent stay at Morning Glory! I was delighted to read that this was your first stay at a B&B and that you had a "wonderful experience"! After having been closed for the winter months, I was more than eager to open my doors and welcome you both as one of the first guests of the season! So happy you enjoyed the home made cheese bread! That was Marcel's famous cheese bread recipe! I think of my Marcel each morning as I put out his cheese bread for our guests as he too loved so very much providing the very best in hospitality to our guests at our B&B!!! I hope to see you both again and until that time, I send you my very best!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

It's taken us a while to write this review, but we simply couldn't not. Bob is a wonderful host, always handy with suggestions, with a genuine passion to help make all of his guests' trips to Salem a dream. He's available anytime you need him and is so eager to share all the local treasures of Salem. He understood that what we were interested in weren't the big touristy attractions and more of the little diners and bars in the area. What a lovely person and a lovely home.

The breakfasts were divine (think big fat pancakes heaped with fresh fruit on an impeccably set dinner table) and the rooms were stocked with everything you could possibly ask for. The beds, Bob, how do you make them so tight and cozy?

We are two 20-somethings who had never been to a B&B before, let alone one in such a small and charming town and the Morning Glory was simply everything we imagined and more.

If you're in Salem, do visit the Peabody Essex Museum, the Lobster Shanty (order the lobster risotto, you won't regret it), Ziggy's donuts, and Red's Sandwich Shop.

Thanks for everything, Bob, and we wish you all the best. We'll be back to say hi and try out the lobster rolls at The Anchor one day.

- Jess and Adam

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yeats K

Hello Jess & Adam and many thanks for taking time to post your lovely review! Thank you for your compliments regarding the home made breakfasts, the charm of Morning Glory and the warm hospitality you received. My work as a B&B proprietor is, as you mentioned, a "genuine passion" of mine and I truly couldn't imagine doing anything else! And as for the square corners on the bed sheets - I think my military background has something to do with that! :) Please do come and visit with me again and until then, I send you both my very best!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

What a relief that Salem isn't all about witches! Our two nights at the charming Morning Glory B&B were a highlight of our five weeks exploring New England. Located in an historic residential area, the inn is next door to Nathaniel Hawthorne’s famed "House of the Seven Gables" and an easy walk along Salem's old waterfront to museums, restaurants and the busy downtown. A meticulously restored early-1800s home, Morning Glory has a relaxed, comfortable vibe and nicely appointed bedrooms with more than the usual amenities. The private deck of our lovely second-floor room was perfect for cocktail hours overlooking the harbor. Innkeeper Bob Shea is a laid back host, attentive to details making guests feel at home, and prepares an excellent chef-quality full breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Wow! Thank you so very much Scott and Sally for submitting such a flattering review of your stay at Morning Glory! I genuinely love providing the best overall B&B experience for each and every guest and I am delighted that you were no exception. I have to agree that the decks and porches, overlooking beautiful Salem Harbor, are a fantastic place to relax with a cocktail at the end of a busy day touring Historic Salem! Thank you for your compliments all around and I sure hope to see you both again. Until then, I send you both my very best!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Our first stay in a b&b and didn't know what to expect...wow!!!!! We loved it and Bob has a first class home and he is first class!!!! We live in the French Quarter and didn't think we could find Southern Hospitality so far north!! Bob, you are a true gentleman and don't change a thing....PERFECT!!!!!!
Thanks for having us and sorry about my waking up so early each morning!!
Happy New Year and hope you can sleep late tomorrow!!!
John & Kristina Miremont

• Stayed: December 2013

Hi John and Kristina and many thanks for posting a truly wonderful review of your recent stay at Morning Glory! I was so very happy to read that I helped make your first B&B experience an enjoyable one and that you found everything "perfect"! One day, I hope to visit New Orleans and the French Quarter and experience a little southern hospitality myself! Please do come and visit again should you get the chance and a very happy New Year to you both as well! Sending my very best!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Upon arrival at Morning Glory after a long, fraught workweek and a harrowing drive, we felt inexpressibly comforted and comfortable -- instantly! From the warm and welcoming entryway to the homey yet luxuriously appointed Rebecca Nurse Room, and from Bob's congenial yet nonintrusive hosting to his delectable breakfasts, all was "right with the world", as Shakespeare would say! We spent a romantic autumn weekend rambling through the timeless colonial streets of Salem, knowing that our lodging at the end of the day coupled the embrace of home (in its down comforters and wise but whimsical décor) with the amenities of a hotel (in its common room libation/computer/local lore and attractions stations) -- the perfect confluence of elements. We go to B&Bs once a month as a treat to defray stress, and believe me, Morning Glory is in the upper echelon for New England! Make a reservation...you won't regret it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kaarina F
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Hello Kaarina and thank you so very much for your very flattering post to TripAdvisor! I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay at Morning Glory and your time in Salem! Your compliments are truly appreciated, especially your kind words with respect to your warm welcome. I love what I do and you made my day when you posted that coming to Morning Glory was 'Like Coming Home!' I hope to see you both again and until then, I send you both my very best!

Bob

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!