Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
US$200
The Hotel Salem(Salem)(Great Value!)
US$200
Plaza Motel(Peabody)
US$77
US$85
1,361 results
All reviewscheese breadbob shearebecca nurse roomrooftop deckb bcommon roomother guestswithin walking distanceplace to staygranolathought of everythingwonderful hostssitting roomnew englandsalem ferrybreakfast was delicioustop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I booked a room based solely on TripAdvisor recommendations. What can I say, but the reviewers forTripAdvisor were absolutely correct! Thank you, friends.

"Impeccable" means that nothing was wrong... but I'd have to add to that that everything was right, from the welcome we received, to the decor of the rooms, all aspects of our stay. Even the flower beds in front and around the building were delightful and, yes, impeccable!

Definitely will book again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graeme M
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Wow, many thanks for submitting your wonderful review! I am so pleased that you found every aspect of your stay at Morning Glory "impeccable". I work just as hard on the outside landscaping of my home as I do on the chores inside my home and I appreciate your kind remarks on both! I am happy to read that you found your welcome to be a warm one and that you plan to return one day. Until that time, I send you both my very best!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Central to the historic area of Salem. Accommodation was comfortable, we'll appointed, had character and charm. Bob is a wonderful host. We can't praise him enough. Attentive to all our needs, helpful with tourist advice and provides superb breakfasts. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Oh Fiona thank you for your concise yet to the point review of your recent stay here at Morning Glory with your husband Dave. I truly appreciate all of your praise. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the homemade breakfasts each morning and the comfort and charm of your guest room. Should you ever venture back, half way around the world again, I hope you choose to stay at Morning Glory again! I send you both my very best!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Relaxing, quiet, very clean, really comfy bed, delicious breakfasts, beautiful view from the 3rd floor deck and a fireplace in our room to take the chill off on an unseasonably cool spring evening! Mike and I thoroughly enjoyed our three night stay. Since Mike owns his own business, we rarely get away. We really hit the jackpot when we selected this wonderful B&B.

I agree with the other reviews that highlight why this B&B is so successful... It is Bob! Sometimes when staying at a B&B you often feel as if you are infringing on someone's home. This was not the case at all. Bob made you feel welcome and comfortable...making sure that everything you needed was taken care of, while not being intrusive.

We will be back!

Room Tip: The fireplace was wonderful! We were in the Rebecca Nurse room. It was certainly worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Sara and thank you so very much for your glowing review! The weather was a bit unseasonable for spring, I agree, but I am glad you and Mike were able to have a cozy evening by the fireplace in your guestroom to take the chill off! Thank you as well Sara for you kind words!! I do my best to accommodate all of my guests needs and at the same time, respecting their privacy without being intrusive. I am glad you felt taken care of! Please do come and visit again if you should get the chance. Until then, I send you both my very best!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

First I have to say " thank you bob " I had a great birthday and especially with surprise. I spent 4 nights in the suite , super clean , really cute , and so comfortable. I was with my friend Amy , we went to tour the town , we came back and bob left me happy birthday note with a nice bottle of wine . Everything is walking distance from the morning glory , plus the parking is perfect to keep the car parked and save gas. The breakfast is great and especially his cheese bread. This is my second time there , both times were just excellent. The first I met bobs parents they were so sweet and second time I met bob really great guy !!! I'll be coming again and again !!!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are gorgeous, I stayed in all the rooms except the Bridget bishop room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Hi Jessica and thank you for posting your superb review! I was happy to welcome you back to Morning Glory for a second time and I was equally happy to play a small part in making your birthday a memorable one! Thank you as well for your many compliments! I appreciate each and every one! Until your return visit Jessica, I send you my very best!!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

First of all, lets talk about Bob. This man is the sweetest. He knew our names when we arrived, and remembered them the whole trip, even when we saw him around the town. He truly makes your stay so much more special. When you stay at the Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, Bob makes you feel like part of the home, like you belong there. You can really see how much he cares. My husband and I asked for a few ideas of places to go, and he got us a map and circled places, he also gave directions. Breakfast was delicious! We had pancakes with fresh fruit and walnuts on top, there was also cereal, fresh bread, coffee, and orange juice. We ate at the table with two other groups of people that were very nice and friendly. The experience we had at the Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast was one that will be remember forever.

The home is beautiful inside and out. Very well taken care of, and tended to. There is a common room on the second floor that has a very very comfortable couch with chairs. A Keurig machine with these adorable two tone colored mugs. There is also a mini fridge incase you bring something that needs to stay cold, WI-FI, and a computer if needed. The rooms have AC for hot days, which came in very handy when it was 80 degrees outside. One thing that was great about this place is how much you felt at home. I was very excited to put my phone away in our room and play checkers in the common room, drink coffee or tea, read and relax.

The room we stayed in was the Elizabeth Howe room. The room was very clean, smelt wonderful, and was very spacious. There is a private bath, and access to a patio that has a great view of the water. The bed was comfortable, and I was in love with the scent of the blankets and sheets. The patio entrance makes it so much easier to grab your bags from your car, or to enter that way if you'd like. This was our first stay at any B & B and it was marvelous. The Morning Glory is within walking distance to everything, if you don't like walking there is a trolley that takes you to all the main attractions. Parking for the Morning Glory is behind the building, it makes it so much easier then worrying about your car on the street.

This trip, being our first time to Salem, was the most enjoyable trip we've ever taken (Even better than our honeymoon) and a HUGE part of that was because of Bob and our experiences at the Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast. This trip and time spent at the Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast was one that will be remember forever. My husband and I are already discussing a trip back there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Wow Amanda! I really don't know where to begin in thanking you for such a wonderful review. Please accept my sincere thanks!!! You and your husband were truly two of the nicest people! I only wish you had a few more days to spend in Salem and Morning Glory! I was very happy to read that you and your husband are already discussing a return trip! Until then, Amanda, I send you both my very best!!!