“simply wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We have just returned home to NI after a fantastic holiday to New England. One of the highlights was definitely our stay at Morning Glory where we celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary. Our host, Bob, was welcoming and friendly . He had great tips about places to visit and where to eat in the evening. The guesthouse itself is exquisite and our room,the Bridget BIshop room, was beautifully furnished, and very comfortable. Breakfast was always delicious. We would recommend Morning Glory to everyone who wanted to visit this part of the world and we certainly would hope to return

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hello Helen and thank you so much for your lovely review! It was a pleasure to host you and your husband on such a very special occasion - 30 years is quite the milestone! Thank you for your kind words all around; especially your praise on the warm and friendly welcome you received. I love what I do and I thoroughly enjoy sharing my knowledge of this historic city with each and every guest! Please do come and visit again and until then, I send you both my very best!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was looking forward to having a fabulous stay at this B&B due to the ratings and comments on TripAdvisor. And I was most certainly not disappointed!!! This place was warm and welcoming, immaculately clean and tidy, beautifully furnished and decorated. My room, the Rebecca Nurse room, was spacious and very comfortable. The location was perfect if you are looking for a quiet retreat but also want to be within walking distance to the center of activities. Bob was always friendly, gracious, and helpful. Breakfast was light and lovely. Overall, it was a wonderful experience where I felt not only safe and comfortable, but also spoiled. I will most definitely recommend this B&B to anyone travelling to Salem, but do remember to book early.

Room Tip: Rebecca Nurse room is very spacious with a large bathroom and a sitting area with a fireplace
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Graceylou666
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hi Grace and thank you so very much for you wonderful review! I was so happy to read that not only did you feel safe and comfortable here at Morning Glory, bu that you also felt spoiled! I try hard to treat each and every guest with the very best of care in order to provide them with the most enjoyable get away. Please do visit again should you get the chance. Until that time, I send you my very best!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Very warm, friendly and I highly recommend a stay here. Extremely quiet and comfortable place to get away from the hectic aspects of life.Perfectly located with so many Historic sites within walking distance or just a quick walk over to The House of the Seven Gables to catch a ride on the Trolley. I will be back, Thank You Bob for being such a Gracious Host.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Hello Rhonda and thank you for your lovely review! So very happy that you enjoyed your stay; the pleasure was all mine! I truly enjoyed your company and the company of your friend! I especially loved talking about your love for animals and the good work that you both do with abandoned cats and dogs! Keep up the good work! I hope you both can return one day to Salem and Morning Glory! Until then, I send you both my very best!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I booked a room based solely on TripAdvisor recommendations. What can I say, but the reviewers forTripAdvisor were absolutely correct! Thank you, friends.

"Impeccable" means that nothing was wrong... but I'd have to add to that that everything was right, from the welcome we received, to the decor of the rooms, all aspects of our stay. Even the flower beds in front and around the building were delightful and, yes, impeccable!

Definitely will book again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graeme M

Wow, many thanks for submitting your wonderful review! I am so pleased that you found every aspect of your stay at Morning Glory "impeccable". I work just as hard on the outside landscaping of my home as I do on the chores inside my home and I appreciate your kind remarks on both! I am happy to read that you found your welcome to be a warm one and that you plan to return one day. Until that time, I send you both my very best!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Central to the historic area of Salem. Accommodation was comfortable, we'll appointed, had character and charm. Bob is a wonderful host. We can't praise him enough. Attentive to all our needs, helpful with tourist advice and provides superb breakfasts. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Oh Fiona thank you for your concise yet to the point review of your recent stay here at Morning Glory with your husband Dave. I truly appreciate all of your praise. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the homemade breakfasts each morning and the comfort and charm of your guest room. Should you ever venture back, half way around the world again, I hope you choose to stay at Morning Glory again! I send you both my very best!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Relaxing, quiet, very clean, really comfy bed, delicious breakfasts, beautiful view from the 3rd floor deck and a fireplace in our room to take the chill off on an unseasonably cool spring evening! Mike and I thoroughly enjoyed our three night stay. Since Mike owns his own business, we rarely get away. We really hit the jackpot when we selected this wonderful B&B.

I agree with the other reviews that highlight why this B&B is so successful... It is Bob! Sometimes when staying at a B&B you often feel as if you are infringing on someone's home. This was not the case at all. Bob made you feel welcome and comfortable...making sure that everything you needed was taken care of, while not being intrusive.

We will be back!

Room Tip: The fireplace was wonderful! We were in the Rebecca Nurse room. It was certainly worth it!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Sara and thank you so very much for your glowing review! The weather was a bit unseasonable for spring, I agree, but I am glad you and Mike were able to have a cozy evening by the fireplace in your guestroom to take the chill off! Thank you as well Sara for you kind words!! I do my best to accommodate all of my guests needs and at the same time, respecting their privacy without being intrusive. I am glad you felt taken care of! Please do come and visit again if you should get the chance. Until then, I send you both my very best!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

First I have to say " thank you bob " I had a great birthday and especially with surprise. I spent 4 nights in the suite , super clean , really cute , and so comfortable. I was with my friend Amy , we went to tour the town , we came back and bob left me happy birthday note with a nice bottle of wine . Everything is walking distance from the morning glory , plus the parking is perfect to keep the car parked and save gas. The breakfast is great and especially his cheese bread. This is my second time there , both times were just excellent. The first I met bobs parents they were so sweet and second time I met bob really great guy !!! I'll be coming again and again !!!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are gorgeous, I stayed in all the rooms except the Bridget bishop room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
BobMarcel, Owner at Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Hi Jessica and thank you for posting your superb review! I was happy to welcome you back to Morning Glory for a second time and I was equally happy to play a small part in making your birthday a memorable one! Thank you as well for your many compliments! I appreciate each and every one! Until your return visit Jessica, I send you my very best!!

Bob

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!