“Felt right at home at the Morning Glory” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Felt right at home at the Morning Glory”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2006

This was a clean and comfy place to stay in historic Salem. We enjoyed the special touches you just can't get at a regular hotel, such as the friendly and personal service of our host Bob. His Dad even gave us a ride to the train station so we didn't have to walk in the cold!

Stayed February 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2006

The Morning Glory B&B was wonderful! The rooms are warm & inviting & very comfortable. The Inn is very tastefully decorated and has a great view of Salem Harbor. Our room had a fireplace that was very cozy and the bathroom was large. The homemade breakfast was delicious & our host was very friendly and made us feel right at home. I would definitely stay there again and hope to return during the summer months! I would recommend this Inn to family, friends & strangers alike.

1 Thank Drowe33
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2005

My boyfriend and I took a long weekend to Salem and the Morning Glory came highly recommended. We had an idea of what to expect while heading out but were still swept off our feet when we arrived. The house is absolutely breathtaking both inside and out. Our room had a fireplace, beautiful decor and a bathroom larger than my own at home. Bob Shea, owner, was out of town so his parents were there to greet us and were "babysitting" the house while he was away. His parents were so warm and friendly. They knew everything about the house and the town and his mother even shared her secrets on making coffee. Bob was there for a night of our stay and I was sad we didn't get to see more of him, what a wonderful host. The B&B couldn't have a better location. I parked the car around back when we got there and didn't get in it again until we left. Everything was in walking distance and the house is right by the water. I cannot wait until our next visit to Salem and will absolutely not search for another place to stay. Thank you Bob, we had a wonderful stay.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Calgary Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2005

Enjoyed our stay very much. Warm and inviting home and gracious host. Great location, close to everything. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2005
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
East Greenwich, RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2005

Warm and inviting as the November winds whistled off the ocean last night. Great breakfast, and perhaps the cleanest BnB I've ever been in. It's my new favorite on Boston's north shore. I stayed in the second-floor Howe Room which had a private entrance and a partial water view.

Stayed November 2005
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2005

Bob Shea, the owner of Morning Glory was a fantastic host. There was privacy, and when you needed something there was always a smile. I have stayed in quite a few Bed and Breakfasts and felt as if I were intruding or as the unwanted guest in many of them. I can say that there was not even a notion of this feeling at the Morning Glory. The rooms were very nice and well appointed. The layout of the house was very inviting, with a common room on the second floor that made me feel at home. I can't say enough good things about it, and I will definitely be back. The only bad things I can think of are....well there was this timed switch on the wall in the bathroom of the Howe room and I couldn't figure out what it went to.(haha) If you are going to Salem, Marblehead, or Peabody this bed and breakfast is one you won't regret staying in.
P.S. Excuse the unmade bed in the picture of our room below, it was taken first thing in the morning.

pgh pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2005

My brother and myself and his girlfriend came to Salem last weekend and stayed at this really wonderful old Inn. We came in and although it was pretty chilly outside, the inn was just as warm and inviting as you could hope for in a Massachusettes INN. The decor was very nice with unique wallpaper in each room. My room had a big four poster bed with a fireplace - so great !!!
The common area was very cozy and our breakfast in the morning was also very tasty. It was located in a perfect area, close to everything so we could walk everywhere. The innkeeper was extremely helpful with suggestions and directions too.
I would love to come back to Salem and if I could stay anywhere it woudl be here !!

• Stayed November 2005
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Winthrop Arms Hotel
Winthrop Arms Hotel
#1 of 2 in Winthrop
Boston Marriott Peabody

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!