“Comfortable place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2006

My fiancé and I recently had a pleasant nights stay at the Morning Glory. We decided not to arrange sleeping accommodations for our trip which can sometimes be a bit stressful. We saw this B&B while visiting the House of Seven Gables. After seeing the sites we decided that it would be a hassle to leave town to find a place to stay. So we called were happy to hear from Bob (the host/owner) that there was a room available since it's a busy time of year.

We stayed in the Sarah Good Room which is on the top floor, it's quite large, and the bed was quite comfortable. It was also very quite. There is also an observation deck where you can sit out and stargaze on a warm summer night.

We arrived at breakfast pretty late, but all the items were quite tasty. It was a bit on the 'continental' side, but still quite satisfying. I guess we are bit spoiled in this area.

We would stay there again and recommend it to others as well.

Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank backeastagain

Reviewed 25 July 2006

Stayed for one night with visiting family during Memorial Day weekend. This place is so centrally located near all the main historic attractions of old Salem Village that it really cannot be beat! You can walk everywhere.
While the rooms were not exactly my taste, I never-the- less found them very tasteful and really admire our host Bob's committment to a decor that can be described as sunny romantic with a bit of country Victorian. For the most part the rooms were spacious, clean, and well-stocked with the exception of the common area adjoining the Sara Good Room (which it should be noted Bob had not initially intended for our use, but very graciously invited us to stretch out in). The room includes a pull-out sofa which could stand a good cleaning inside and out. Something tells me that room -- stocked as it is with a tv, dvd, small fridge, and board games -- sees a lot of happy use by families with small children!
I was somewhat surprised by the breakfast- which is continental. Breakfast is my favorite meal and I was expecting...well, more! But that said, the entire meal service, the table setting, atmosphere, and guests, were just superb! During our meal Bob sat and chatted with us before we were joined by two other parties of guests, whom we also got to talk with. Getting to know people from other places is half the fun of staying at B&Bs, I guess that's why I was expecting something more to the breakfast. As it was, Bob made a lovely fruit salad and served it with cold home-baked fruit breads that his mom bakes for him. (What a nice mom!) He offers a pamphlet with several of her recipes for a dollar.
Bob grew up in the area and is a master when it comes to knowing all the spots to visit in Salem. To be honest, I was content to just stay at the inn, sunning on the third-floor's roof deck and watching the boats from this wonderful vantage point as they ranged so picturesquely along the Salem Harbor.
One tip: If you're on the roof deck and it has rained recently, be careful not to sit in the water that puddles onto the patio table's chairs from the umbrella! Just one of the "dangers" of having a deck patio I guess!
If you're traveling to Salem, stay at the Morning Glory. You'll be glad you did!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank suparran
Reviewed 23 July 2006

The Morning Glory B&B was a wonderful place to stay. It was tastefully decorated, clean, and very comfortable. Bob was a gracious and accomodating host. My wife and I went for the weekened to relax and have down time and we accomplished our goal. I would definitely go back and recommend this B&B to friends and family.

Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank amdrewm
Reviewed 20 July 2006

My husband and I recently visited Salem and stayed at the Morning Glory B & B. The room was extra comfy and the view from our porch was beautiful. We plan on making more trips to Salem and we hope that this wonderful B & B is available every time.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank suntulip21
A TripAdvisor Member
Maryland
Reviewed 17 July 2006

Sleepless in Salem

I recently had an unexpected extended stay in Massachusetts. The hotel accommodations originally planned were thrwarted when the rooms were oversold and I didn't find out until I arrived rain soaked, hungry, and tired. The travel agency called around and spoke to Bob Shea, the proprietor of Morning Glory Bed and Breakfast, who was kind enough to find accomodations for me. It was late on a rainy night and I was nearly in tears. Bob met me at my car with an umbrella, carried my bags, gave me a key and made me feel right at home. It didn't hurt that he had a pleasant smile and comforting conversation.
My room was classic country victorian and as clean as a whistle. The bed was so comfortable I forgot I was traveling.

The following morning, I enjoyed fresh fruit, orange juice and breakfast breads. I highly recommend Morning Glory. In this new technological age when instant gratification is the only satisfaction we seek, you will find your stay a refreshing break and reminder of the finer comforts that we often overlook.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2006

We stayed in Salem for one night after travelling through Boston and Cape Cod. Staying at the Morning Glory B&B was a wonderful end to our last night of our vacation. The house was beautifully decorated and very clean. The continental breakfast was very nice with cereal to home baked goods, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. The covered deck was perfect to sit under in the evening while we played backgammon, enjoyed a couple of drinks while watching the ocean tide move in and out. The B&B is just a couple of blocks from the centre of Salem, so walking to everything is perfect. The House of Seven Gables and the Town Trolley stop is just next door making everything so accessible. No need to drive anywhere! Definitely recommend to stay at this bed and breakfast. Bob was a wonderful host and takes great pride in operating his B&B. Thanks Bob for your hospitality!

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 July 2006

The Morning Glory B&B is located right in the centre of Historic Salem, just opposite the House of the Seven Gables, Historic Site. It's also two minutes walk from the waterfront where you can find a variety of restaurants, getting to see the rest of Salem is also easy as the Trolley Tour stops at the House of Seven Gables just across the street.

The room was very nicely decorated and was a pleasure to come back to each evening. Also a pleasure was the wonderful roof terrace which amazing views of Salem Harbour which all guests can use to relax on.

Although the breakfast wasn't quite up to the standard of some B&Bs which we have stayed at it was still very nice.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!