“Bob's Place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Salem B&B and Inns
Pennsylvania
“Bob's Place”
Reviewed 10 May 2007

This is the best B&B in Salem; I know as I stayed in many of them. Bob is the perfect host and a great brownie maker....we loved the experience and the friendship shown. Within walking distance to the attractions and pickering wharf, shopping etc. We even had our own "living room" on the 2nd floor. Thanks, Bob, for making this trip a success.

• Liked — The host, Bob, takes great pride in his B&B and it was perfect.
  • Disliked — Nothing I did not like.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Clinton, Ct.
Reviewed 30 April 2007

We walked around Salem knowing that we wanted to stay the night. In visiting the House of Seven Gables, I noticed the Morning Glory B&B across the street. I remembered reading the reviews and noting that they were all favorable. Standing before the front door, I phoned the number listed on a note and reached Bob. He was so pleasant and accommodating. I was impressed that the note also welcomed someone that would be arriving. A nice homey touch! We chose the Bridget Bishop room, although small, as it had a queen bed and a lot of charm. Several rooms were already taken. We spent several hours on the deck ,overlooking the water, with a bottle of wine and a good book. Bob provided glasses etc. in a small living room on the second floor. There is also a computer, much to my delight, as I was able to get into my email and bring up the pictures of my granddaughter's prom!!! Another plus was being able to walk to dinner. There were several choices but we chose In a Pig's Eye---a small pubish restaurant with very good food. The next morning the breakfast was very good with homebaked goodies. We met several other guests that provided nice conversation. Bob also sat with us for awhile. He is a very genial host. Overall, our stay was delightful and we do plan to go back to Salem and stay in the Morning Glory B&B, of course. You can't improve on perfection!!!

• Liked — The comfort, friendliness, and location
  • Disliked — I found no negatives
1 Thank Nutmeggers77
bostonmolly
Reviewed 20 April 2007

Morning Glory is lovely--the best of what a B&B is supposed to be. Hosts are charming, not cloying. Rooms are decorated with antiques and have wonderful beds. The house is very quiet, and there is a spirit of consideration for others guests that you don't always get at the Four Seasons. They even went very cheerfully out of their way to send us back some belongings we accidentally left in our room. We won't stay anywhere else in Salem.

Gardner, MA
Reviewed 20 April 2007

This b&b overseen by Bob Shea was a wonderful trip that I cannot say enough about! THe room was excellent, clean and prim, complete with a working fireplace that was lit each night of my stay. The bathroom was very nice, stocked with fresh and fluffy towels, well heated too! THe room faced Nathaniel Hawthorne's famous "House of Seven Gables" for a romantic view. I was able to walk where-ever I chose to go without becoming the slightest bit fatigued. THe area is charming and the hotel, while full with people was very quiet and relaxing.

My other guests were interesting people and our host was very funny and nice. I HIGHLY reccommend that you stay at THIS b&b and leave the quess work to someone else. THe Rebecca Nurse room was my favorite, which I plan to occupy once a year from now on, as a tradition.

• Liked — The proximity in the town
  • Disliked — having to leave!
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
Seattle
Reviewed 18 April 2007

We found a jewel when we decided to move from our over-priced hotel to this charming B&B. It is located across the street from the famous Seven Gables house on a quiet street several blocks from the water. We stayed three nights in the third floor suite and were treated to a breakfast of homemade baked breads and scones, yogurts, fruit, cereals, juice and coffee and tea. Bob and his wife Mary Anne were filling is as hosts for their son who runs the place and we felt very well taken care of. Bob even drove us to the train station and offered to pick us up. When we go back to Salem or Boston, this is the place we will stay again.

• Liked — delightful hosts
  • Disliked — some light from street lamp through window blindsat night
Syracuse
Reviewed 13 April 2007

This was the second time my wife and I have stayed at the Morning Glory B&B. As before, we found that our stay was very enjoyable. The accomendations are excellent. We felt very much at home during our 2 nights there and enjoyed the homemade pastries prepared by Mrs. Shea. We appreciated the attention paid to us by Mr. Shea and his advise on getting discount tickets on the "T" to getting discount tickets to the MFA in Boston. His personal chauffeur service provided to us to the "T" Terminal in Salem was greatly appreciated. We look forward to staying there again soon.

• Liked — Everything
Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 April 2007

We stumbled upon Morning Glory through purpleroofs.com and are sooooo glad we did! Being relative newcomers to B&B's, I thought that in planning our trip we'd take a chance. We're so glad we did! Bob gives the best combination of making us feel like we had our privacy and making us feel well taken care of. Superb, clean room, excellent breakfast, good advice for area activities. Best of all, the location was fantastic - almost AT the House of the Seven Gables, and just a stone's throw from Pickering Wharf. We're definitely coming back!

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank JKLWeLove2Travel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salem
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
The Merchant
The Merchant
#2 of 9 in Salem

Been to Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!