“Great Food, Service, Ambience”

Finz Seafood & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Finz Seafood & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 232 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$18 - US$28
Good for: View, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: new derby
Transit: Train service: Newburyport/Rockport Commuter Rail Line from Boston"s North Station; Bus service: Bus Route 450; Salem Depot - Boston Via Highland & Western Ave; Bus Route 455/459; Salem Depot - Haymarket or Downtown Crossing Via Loring Ave.,Central Sq.,Lynn & Western Ave.;Bus Route 451; North Beverly - Salem Depot Via Cabot St. or Sohier Rd.
Description: Award winning Seafood restaurant, located on Historic Pickering Wharf, Waterfront Dining, outside deck. Fresh Local Seafood, Raw Bar, full Grill menu, Chef inspired Menu using Local ingredients and Daily Specials. Lively Bar featuring a large selection of Local Micro-Brews.
Newtown, PA
“Great Food, Service, Ambience”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

After visiting the Witches Dungeon there was nowhere to go but up. Finz didn't disappoint. Located on a waterway, the scenery was nice. H had the fried clams and the fish stew which he enjoyed. I ordered the hummus plate with olives, artichokes and pita points. The hummus is made in-house. Very good. My entree was the Lobster Mac N Cheese. Scrumptious! I wish I could have finished it but I didn't want to waddle out of the restaurant. Since it was H's birthday, we ordered dessert. I had the Key Lime Pie which is as good as what I had in South Beach. Delicious! H had Peanut Butter Pie. He said it was delicious, also.
Parking a bit of a challenge.

Swampscott, Massachusetts
“The view and service make up for the food”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have lived in the area for a long time and this is a bit of a tourist place but the great seaside deck dining will often call me back or the wine bar for a better choice then usual. It was a lovely night and early so we hit the deck for dinner. The mussels were great but the swordfish was over cooked...had it not been I may have not thought it was over priced the veggies etc were good but for the price of the fish I would expect it to be cooked to perfection. It was a bit thin and I think they were not paying attention and the crowds did not arrive till we were leaving. Luckily the service was wonderful.

Selestat, France
“Best crab cake!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had a wonderful evening by the water and enjoyed my crab cake outside subathing! Great place for seafood!

Dover, Ohio
“Incredible oysters!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My boyfriend and I went here specifically for the oysters with wasabi caviar, which my boyfriend remembered from when he used to live in the area.

We started our meal with an order of the oysters (duxbury), and they were absolutely delicious. I almost didn't want to eat or drink anything else, because I didn't want to let go of the oysters' flavor.

We also had the baked haddock sandwich with cheddar, and the crabcake sandwich, both of which were excellent.

Because of its location at Pickering Wharf, I imagine this place gets pretty busy on the weekends, but it was ideal for a laid-back (if slightly pricey--oysters, what can you do?) meal on the waterfront.

2 Thank Lupus L
Toronto, Canada
“You had me at sesame tuna”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Wonderful water side location, tuna was expertly prepared. My friend loved the fish tacos. Service attentive and friendly.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Finz Seafood & Grill? Share your experiences!