“Best Tuna Experience Yet” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Finz Seafood & Grill

Finz Seafood & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Finz Seafood & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 229 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$18 - US$28
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: new derby
Transit: Train service: Newburyport/Rockport Commuter Rail Line from Boston"s North Station; Bus service: Bus Route 450; Salem Depot - Boston Via Highland & Western Ave; Bus Route 455/459; Salem Depot - Haymarket or Downtown Crossing Via Loring Ave.,Central Sq.,Lynn & Western Ave.;Bus Route 451; North Beverly - Salem Depot Via Cabot St. or Sohier Rd.
Description: Award winning Seafood restaurant, located on Historic Pickering Wharf, Waterfront Dining, outside deck. Fresh Local Seafood, Raw Bar, full Grill menu, Chef inspired Menu using Local ingredients and Daily Specials. Lively Bar featuring a large selection of Local Micro-Brews.
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Tuna Experience Yet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Day-off dream. I brought my college age daughter up for a witch experience in Salem and sat inside. Nice choice of seating though both outside by the water hugging the restaurant (up from Salem Harbor) and inside. My first time here. They seated us by a window. Service picked me up when I had gotten up to check out the oysters in the raw bar on ice. She was there every time she needed to be and more with great recommendations...Had the best tuna experience yet in life today at Finz...that's saying tons for me. In most great restaurants (top 10 in a trip advisor city which I intersect with another reservation site and yelp) when fresh Tuna is an option, I order a seared but raw preparation as a change to sushi and as a slow bump for those chefs I have never tested out for fear that they will overcook a great specimen...about 15 times a year. All the planets must have been aligned..or the a proper potion placed. This chef came through big time..very skilled. Fresh...I mean really fresh... Tuna steak sliced thin with a quick sear on the ends with black and white sesame seeds leaving the loin alone barely touched by the heat and placed on bed on seasoned (to sweet) seaweed salad next to a small puddle of wasabi sauce. An appropriate flattened rice portion (perfectly executed) was served to the side topped with a spicy tuna roll type sauce and guacamole on a bed of extruded like squash strands..almost noodle like. The squash must have only been blanched for only 15- 20 s as it was cooked perfectly and each strand told its own story--possibly some oil on it. After I made a big stink about this great dish, I heard that the the chef is from San Diego- bringing a little spice to this place. It was so great, I kept giving a slice away to my daughter! Other comments: Chardonnay by the glass from Australia was well priced. All dozen Oysters on the half were perfectly shucked, absolutely fresh and presented with lots of brine in reserve..I elected raw horseradish and cocktail sauce. The horseradish had a light heat to it. Trip advisor has rarely steered me wrong..This is my first comment on the board for you, and I'm trying to keep the faith.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FineDiningPookie

Battle Creek, Michigan
“An off day?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My scallops were the sweetest and freshest I've had. The vegetables, however were almost cold. My wife's haddock was wonderful but the fries were tough and not very hot. Service was pleasant but not attentive. Not a great value overall.

Apache Junction, Arizona
“Wonderful seafood.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were recommended this seafood restaurant to eat at and were not disappointed at all. The food was delicious and it is a delightful place to eat at.

Visited July 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Finally”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

After Boston and then San Francisco I thought it impossible to get a decent seafood meal in the US.This was super.The server was attentive and didn't have me cranking my neck around to look for her.
Oysters Wasabi-over the top.
Fisherman's Stew.Perfect.
Bread good.
Ambience good.
Wine list adequate.
I even had dessert which I seldom do.Key Lime pie ok.
Would go back in a flash.

Visited July 2014
Newtown, PA
“Great Food, Service, Ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

After visiting the Witches Dungeon there was nowhere to go but up. Finz didn't disappoint. Located on a waterway, the scenery was nice. H had the fried clams and the fish stew which he enjoyed. I ordered the hummus plate with olives, artichokes and pita points. The hummus is made in-house. Very good. My entree was the Lobster Mac N Cheese. Scrumptious! I wish I could have finished it but I didn't want to waddle out of the restaurant. Since it was H's birthday, we ordered dessert. I had the Key Lime Pie which is as good as what I had in South Beach. Delicious! H had Peanut Butter Pie. He said it was delicious, also.
Parking a bit of a challenge.

Been to Finz Seafood & Grill? Share your experiences!