“Decent food, good service”

Finz Seafood & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Finz Seafood & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 238 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$18 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: new derby
Transit: Train service: Newburyport/Rockport Commuter Rail Line from Boston"s North Station; Bus service: Bus Route 450; Salem Depot - Boston Via Highland & Western Ave; Bus Route 455/459; Salem Depot - Haymarket or Downtown Crossing Via Loring Ave.,Central Sq.,Lynn & Western Ave.;Bus Route 451; North Beverly - Salem Depot Via Cabot St. or Sohier Rd.
Description: Award winning Seafood restaurant, located on Historic Pickering Wharf, Waterfront Dining, outside deck. Fresh Local Seafood, Raw Bar, full Grill menu, Chef inspired Menu using Local ingredients and Daily Specials. Lively Bar featuring a large selection of Local Micro-Brews.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We're spoiled for seafood coming from the USG and this was not exceptional, but more than adequate, good service and picturesque location.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,289)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Consider 2 things: first, make sure you sit inside while having your seafood. Flies are quite nasty. Second: make sure to arrive not later than 5.00 PM. After that time the restaurant becomes stuffed with gourmet-seeking tourists and locals.
When I arrived to Salem, it was a late afternoon already, so I was desperately seeking for a decent place to have dinner at. After passing the Hawthorne Tavern with its fancy menu I decided to keep moving to find something more authentic.
Finz was what I found.
Having skimmed through their rich menu, I decided to choose the New England Lobster. It was unforgettable. It took me approximately an hour to deal with it - so juicy and meaty it was. Not to mention the beautiful scent! Along with the lobster itself I got a plentiful of clams, scallops, chorizo sausage and a boiled corn with baked potato for a side course.
It would take hours to express my feelings towards the outstanding taste of the dish, so I would just highly recommend it to anyone visiting Salem. This restaurant is supposed to be the Salem's Number One.
All the staff was friendly and complaisant. Isn't that what we value most in waiters' and hostesses' job?
Anyway, I loved the experience.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Day-off dream. I brought my college age daughter up for a witch experience in Salem and sat inside. Nice choice of seating though both outside by the water hugging the restaurant (up from Salem Harbor) and inside. My first time here. They seated us by a window. Service picked me up when I had gotten up to check out the oysters in the raw bar on ice. She was there every time she needed to be and more with great recommendations...Had the best tuna experience yet in life today at Finz...that's saying tons for me. In most great restaurants (top 10 in a trip advisor city which I intersect with another reservation site and yelp) when fresh Tuna is an option, I order a seared but raw preparation as a change to sushi and as a slow bump for those chefs I have never tested out for fear that they will overcook a great specimen...about 15 times a year. All the planets must have been aligned..or the a proper potion placed. This chef came through big time..very skilled. Fresh...I mean really fresh... Tuna steak sliced thin with a quick sear on the ends with black and white sesame seeds leaving the loin alone barely touched by the heat and placed on bed on seasoned (to sweet) seaweed salad next to a small puddle of wasabi sauce. An appropriate flattened rice portion (perfectly executed) was served to the side topped with a spicy tuna roll type sauce and guacamole on a bed of extruded like squash strands..almost noodle like. The squash must have only been blanched for only 15- 20 s as it was cooked perfectly and each strand told its own story--possibly some oil on it. After I made a big stink about this great dish, I heard that the the chef is from San Diego- bringing a little spice to this place. It was so great, I kept giving a slice away to my daughter! Other comments: Chardonnay by the glass from Australia was well priced. All dozen Oysters on the half were perfectly shucked, absolutely fresh and presented with lots of brine in reserve..I elected raw horseradish and cocktail sauce. The horseradish had a light heat to it. Trip advisor has rarely steered me wrong..This is my first comment on the board for you, and I'm trying to keep the faith.

1  Thank FineDiningPookie
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

My scallops were the sweetest and freshest I've had. The vegetables, however were almost cold. My wife's haddock was wonderful but the fries were tough and not very hot. Service was pleasant but not attentive. Not a great value overall.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were recommended this seafood restaurant to eat at and were not disappointed at all. The food was delicious and it is a delightful place to eat at.

Been to Finz Seafood & Grill? Share your experiences!