“Still a great place to eat:)”

Victoria Station & Vic's Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Victoria Station & Vic's Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 235 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Groups, View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Ontario
“Still a great place to eat:)”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We ALWAYS eat here on our first night in town. As always, a great meal. We usually have the steak tips as they are just the best in the world, second only to the all you can eat salad bar (a veggie's delight). Have noticed over the years that the menu offerings have gotten smaller, but the food they do present is wonderful & fresh & tasty. Suggestion: I LOVE bernaise sauce with my meat and you've taken it off the meau...PLEASE bring it back! They make their french onion soup with chicken rather than beef stock. I tried it, it was different tasting but good nevertheless. The pot. skins were very filling and had lots of cheese & stuff on them. I've never had a bad meal at this place. Sometimes the service came be lacking, but this time, they were on the money. We'll be back...the view of the harbour is wonderful and can be most romantic while sipping on a Wharf Rat (a local drink that packs a punch:)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank SKSC

New York City, New York
“What a Great Restaurant”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

While staying in Salem we had such a great dinner at this restaurant .Not only was the staff friendly,the place has a great view of the harbor and the food was so good we went back the second night too.This is a must go to restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Yourpezz
NH
“Good food, nice view”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Good food, had a beautiful view but the waitstaff was not all that friendly or attentive. The salad bar is raved about but was not even as much as the general Ruby Tuesday.

Visited April 2014
Peabody, Massachusetts
“so it was such a nice evening”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We were greeted by a very nice hostess , she gave us options for seating !!!We chose the bar which is unusual but we sat at a small bistro table. AMBER was our server .. she was awesome !! I usually get prime rib when I go there (4 times a year) I got the tips , my wife got the haddock. the food was really good . the service from amber was even better ...never a dry glass of soda/ water .she was sooooooooooooo pleasant I left her 20% AND THOUGHT in the morning that she deserved more. She was so fast!! the band was awesome which was a bonus!!!!!!! they were great. The salad bar was great / cold/ iced / plenty to choose from. the only complaint is the size of their salad plates. We went up twice!!! clean/ cold salads/ hot food /great service what more do you want !!!!!!

• Visited April 2014
Delaware
“Delicious Meal & A Great First Impression!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

My wife and I arrived in Salem for the weekend right around dinner time. The front desk clerk at our hotel (Hawthorne Hotel) suggested Victoria Station when we asked for a good, reasonably priced restaurant. We took the fast five-minute walk there and made our way into the restaurant. From the moment we entered we were greeted warmly by the staff and quickly seated next to their huge fireplace. My wife enjoyed their chicken cordon bleu sandwich, which she said was light and delicious. I ordered their Vic's burger, which was cooked to perfection (medium) and very tasty. The fries that came with our sandwiches were super crispy and were well worth the dent to our diets. They were even able to get a to-go cup of hot chocolate for my wife to enjoy on the cold walk back after dinner. This restaurant offers a great place to get a delicious meal for a good price, which can be difficult when you're in an area known for tourism.

• Visited March 2014