“Great Neighborhood Place”

Ranked #59 of 224 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I love small, cozy places....the place were locals go! Dotty and Ray's is just that. Not fancy, just simple, plain, a "mom/pop" kind of place. I found it on Trip Advisor, read the 2 reviews, and stopped! I had a VERY good Lobsta' roll, and oh so reasonable. The waitress was delightful. I'd love to try other menu items next time. It's on my "keeper" list....I'll be back when I get back to the Boston area.

1  Thank ColoradoMtnHiker

Reviewed 22 October 2011

Local spot for breakfast and lunch outside the city center. Famous for their burgers. Very affordable.

1  Thank reppop
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This restaurant was recommended by a local and did not disappoint! We had breakfast on our way out of town. Clearly we were the only "out of towners". Our waitress was funny and accomodating. I had a delicous omelet and rye toast. I don't generally eat homefries,but these were hard to resist. I think we each spent $7 with tip included.

Reviewed 11 April 2011

Haddock Fish & Chips for $7 and it's fresh and delicious. They offer many other items on a handwritten menu board but I always get their haddock fish and chips. Why mess with perfection. It's a luncheonette-type restaurant with no pretensions. Some booths, a table with regular chairs and a bunch of counter seats. Their food is simple, fresh, and good. The clientele is mostly folks from the neighborhood but no one feels like a stranger. One warning. They take cash only. There is a teller machine across the street.

1  Thank Michael L

Been to Dotty & Ray's Lunch? Share your experiences!