“Don't miss this place!”

Ranked #59 of 238 Restaurants in Salem
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 7 January 2012

You should always eat where the locals do, anyplace can stay afloat with tourist business, we are only there once and our opinion barely matters because some chump is waiting behind us for our seat! However, for a business to stand the test of time and keep it's seats full of hungry locals is the real measure of a business. Get the cheeseburger with bacon or a lobster roll...Mind the signs on the walls and you will have an amazing experience. Cash Only but ATM across the street! Wish I could go back for one of the best cheeseburgers of my life...and I know a thing or two about the subject!

2  Thank IamSiriS

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I love small, cozy places....the place were locals go! Dotty and Ray's is just that. Not fancy, just simple, plain, a "mom/pop" kind of place. I found it on Trip Advisor, read the 2 reviews, and stopped! I had a VERY good Lobsta' roll, and oh so reasonable. The waitress was delightful. I'd love to try other menu items next time. It's on my "keeper" list....I'll be back when I get back to the Boston area.

1  Thank ColoradoMtnHiker
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Local spot for breakfast and lunch outside the city center. Famous for their burgers. Very affordable.

1  Thank reppop
Reviewed 20 July 2011

This restaurant was recommended by a local and did not disappoint! We had breakfast on our way out of town. Clearly we were the only "out of towners". Our waitress was funny and accomodating. I had a delicous omelet and rye toast. I don't generally eat homefries,but these were hard to resist. I think we each spent $7 with tip included.

Reviewed 11 April 2011

Haddock Fish & Chips for $7 and it's fresh and delicious. They offer many other items on a handwritten menu board but I always get their haddock fish and chips. Why mess with perfection. It's a luncheonette-type restaurant with no pretensions. Some booths, a table with regular chairs and a bunch of counter seats. Their food is simple, fresh, and good. The clientele is mostly folks from the neighborhood but no one feels like a stranger. One warning. They take cash only. There is a teller machine across the street.

1  Thank Michael L